“GOOD, CLEAN FUN”

Ranked #85 of 458 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, this aquarium is home to several varieties of tropical fish and sharks.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you're looking for something that doesn't involve the sinful side of Vegas you've come to the right place!

I've been to a handful of zoos and aquariums in different states and countries and I have to say that this is one of the better ones I've seen. First and foremost, they have a generous collection of dangerous animals. Jellyfish, Komodo Dragons, Piranha, Sharks, Rays, Octopi, etc. Pictures are permitted which is always a plus. There is also a horseshoe crab petting experience, although I've seen this before at other aquariums. The two "water tunnels" are really neat and make for some great photo opportunities--the only downside being the crowds in these areas. Also, the glass seems to be hit-or-miss in regards to photos. Sometimes you will get great pictures with little to no reflection or glare and other times your photos will not.

Not sure how the piranha are fed or what time, but if that is viewable by the public I imagine that would be very exciting to see.

From start to finish you will probably spend about half an hour in here, making it ideal if you're just looking for a quick excursion if you're arriving by hotel shuttle.

1  Thank james09173

Reviewed 3 May 2014

It looks like it would be a lot bigger than it was but, I still really enjoyed it. So beautiful, relaxing and educational too. Worth the price and doesn't take a large chunk of time.

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

The shark reef was fun especially for my four year old. The underwater tubes were quite exciting for him and interesting for adults. They had several different species of sharks in the tanks as well as other species of fish. It was a little short considering how much you pay but we got a discount so it was worth it for us. P.S. Go early on a weekday if you want to avoid lineups.

1  Thank Triptakerman
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This aquarium has some really neat land and aquatic animals. My kids particularly like the Giant Komodo Dragon and the Jelly fish. The main attraction seems to be shark but there is also a huge octopus that is certainly a show stopper.

Its a bit pricey, especially when compared to the size, Its not a very large aquarium, but definitely good entertainment for the kids ( I had 4-10 year olds with me) and they are still gushing about the experience.

Look for coupons and discounts. I was able to apply my local discount to all my adult guest even though they are out of towners.

1  Thank Leah L
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a long wait in line, but overall the experience was fun. As is the case with anything in Vegas, they try to pack a lot into a small space. We enjoyed it. Definitely try to get coupons to make it more worth the money. It was fun to touch the stingrays. The sharks swimming overhead was neat, but don't bother trying to see anything through the glass floors...

1  Thank MrsKB2_11

Been to Shark Reef? Share your experiences!