“Taken advantage of and cheated!”
Review of Wet Republic

Wet Republic
Ranked #36 of 351 Nightlife in Las Vegas
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you go to wet republic I highly suggest you avoid their VIP services unless you are leaving a designated check signer to make sure you’re not getting robbed too!

My 2 friends and I had gone to wet republic a few weeks ago to see Tiesto, when we got there we had asked about getting a daybed for the 3 of us. We were told that it would be a $2000 minimum (fine, its Vegas I get it). By 6pm after $2000 worth of alcohol, food, and buckets of water you can imagine how tired you get as well as a little intoxicated (alcohol + heat).
Our waitress took FULL advantage of that, taking advantage of me and my 2 friends, by cheating us out of over $800!!! Our waitress was kind enough to split our total bill between our 3 credit cards so we could all pay even amounts. Well, she had gone over the bill as well as the suggested tip amount with me by showing how she came to the amount she did. The tip amount for the TOTAL BILL AMOUNT (not my individual bill) was $473 which made sense based on the TOTAL BILL.
Seeing as how I was the first one she came to to sign my bill I had just left her the total tip amount BASED OFF THE TOTAL BILL, and not the 20% from my individual bill. After receiving the full tip amount from me our waitress proceeded to go to my other friend who was in no condition to decide on a tip amount and told her that the tip was $473. Due to her trusting our waitress and it being 6pm after drinking all day in the sun my friend left the suggested tip amount of $473…WHICH THE WAITRESS KNEW I HAD ALREADY LEFT!
Lastly, she went to my other friend who asked what the tip was and the waitress showed my friend the other 2 signed checks to show her what we had left. My friend being under the impression that was what she was to leave as well, also left $473.
Not ONCE did the waitress EVER mention to my friends that I had already paid the FULL TIP AMOUNT! She managed to receive the full tip amount from each of us and managed to give herself over a 50% tip! ROBBED, CHEATED & TAKEN FULL ADVANTAGE OF!! I come to Vegas a lot and I have NEVER had an experience such as this at any other pool party!

3  Thank dimareh
in 9 reviews
"water fountain"
"music was great"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to Wet Republic on a Saturday in mid June to see Calvin Harris. The pool was CRAZY crowded. Here's my advice:
- Don't wear an expensive swimsuit. I wore an olive coloured one piece and after being in the pool for 3 hours, it stripped the color of my swimsuit.
- If you are not planning on getting a locker, bring the absolute minimum. Aka phone, money, ID, sandals and cover up clothing.
- Buy a waterproof pouch from Walmart to wear around your neck, to keep your phone, ID and money dry.
- If you can, save the money for a day bed because it will be SO worth it to have a place to sit (there is almost no where to sit) and somewhere to put your things down. And also to get out of the sun (shaded by umbrellas)
- We bought our tickets online for 50$, and waited in line for about 15 minutes. We arrived around 12pm. Definitely get there early to avoid a long line.
- Drinks are approximately 20-50$ depending on the size of the drink.
Overall fun experience! Calvin Harris didn't come out until 3pm ish.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Probably as I went for a Calvin Harris party, it was definitely overcrowded, with waste all over the place, and even the pool had drinks and other things lying in it, and was quite dirty. Overpriced drinks didnt help either. The only saving grace was the performance of the DJ's

2  Thank Mihir D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Last time we were in Vegas we did Marque Day Club so this time we did Wet Republic. Located inside the MGM Grand grounds this day club has a lot to offer depending on your budget.

We rented a bungalow. These are large cabanas designed to throw parties. They will allow up to 20 people to share one of these. There were 6 on our side and looked like another 6 on the other side. Every two share a private pool unlike Marquee which has a private pool for each grand cabana. These are built on a food and beverage minimum. If you are not familiar that means you will be charged a minimum fee but you have that fee to spend on food and beverage. Since it was a Thursday and there wasn’t a big DJ the F&B minimum was $750.

A bucket of 8 beers goes for $88, 6 for $66. Bottle prices are standard for Vegas so a bottle of Absolut will run you around $600, same for a standard rum or whiskey. Of course they throw in the mixers. Their food menu is quite impressive and extensive. They also have platters designed for large groups. The chips and dip platter (chips, salsa, hummus, pita, etc.) was $49. The fruit platter was $75 but there was a large amount of fruit. A slider platter for a large group was around $100 if I remember correctly.

Drinks can also be purchased solo and there was three sizes for about everything. A standard mixed drink was about $16, a 32 oz souvenir cup was $45, and a pitcher was about $75.

All in all it was a fun experience. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. They didn’t push bottles on us like other places. Definitely get a hold of a VIP host to help set it up. If you have Twitter look up Forrest Smith. Not only does he do Wet but he does night clubs as well that are part of the Hakkassan group.