“Offensive Political Jokes and Language” 2 of 5 bubbles

Bette Midler
Ranked #155 of 221 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Las Vegas , NV
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Offensive Political Jokes and Language”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

As long as I can remember I have been a Bette Midler Fan.
Have always thought she was a fair minded individual
with tremendous talent but , was so offended by her off color jokes about Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin . It was embarssing to hear her rampage filled with hate for Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin . Especially included in her jokes were Sarah's daughter.
I might disaggree with your politic's Ms Midler but, I would never name call and get in the gutter .
I live here in Las Vegas and would never recommend your show to friends and family .Especially when expenditures are not taken lightly why waste good money on being insulted and offended !

4 Thank LasVegas_NVYoli

Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Absolutely Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

We went to see Bette on the New Year's Eve and this was my Christmas Gift. We couldn't afford expensive seats so we got cheaper seats but they for some reason out of the blue moved us to the orchestra seats and it was so great. The show was absolutely awesome. Funny, emotional, entertaining. I read most of the reviews here and if you are conservative, have no sense of humor and cannot appreciate a wonderful show that is put on by a lady who is now 64 years old, yes then don't go to the show, but if you want to laugh, sing along to her and cry to the "Wind beneath my wings" just go and see it. This has been the best New Year's party for me...it was absolutely awesome!!!

2 Thank Gercheque
Queensland
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great Show but be Careful with the Seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

We are not big fans of Bette, but we jumped at the chance to see her in concert in LV. Luckily we obtained some ofthe cheaper tickets, which proved to be a godsend noting that the more expensive seating probably did not get to see all of the stage and antics that went on.

The humour was bawdy at times. but not offensive or over the top. Her singing was magical and she kept up with the 20 years old in the chorus line. The Mermaid scene left was wondering what the heck was going on and was not really appropriate for the show.

The best part of the show was when Bette was on stage by herself singing a classic. We were pleasently surprised by the length of show and were more than happy to have bought the cheaper seats.

1 Thank Lifeadventurers
London, England
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

I've been a fan of Bette Midler for 30 years or so and, on her one visit to London many, many years ago I was unable to get a ticket. Therefore, if Bette won't come to London, then London must go to Bette. We built our entire trip around seeing Bette Midler, so there was a lot riding on her show.

Having read the very mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, I was wondering whether I was in for a major disappointment. I need not have worried - Bette was fantastic. A great, great show. The whole production was very professional and very, very funny. Some two months later, I still chuckle at some of the things she did and said. Bette was in great voice and I was amazed to learn that she has recently celebrated her 64th birthday.

Being from the UK, we didn't understand most of the political jokes but that didn't detract one bit from the show.

There is clearly some difference in the length of show she is doing - I read one review here where she did 1 hour and 15 minutes yet we got 1 hour and 45 minutes. Maybe we just struck lucky.

If you are thinking of seeing Bette's show before it closes in January, please don't be put off by some of the reviews. Go with an open mind and have the time of your life. Highly recommended.

2 Thank Welshquin
Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A very disappointing show in Vegas”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

We were so excited to see this show and could only imaginined how good it was going to be, BUT it wasn't. She rambled on about her political views and how she supported the gay community and told a lot of foul jokes.She said [--]so many times my respect of her has fallen way below what it was before I saw her in a live show.Why doesn't she give us her best without all the foul talk and opinions.We paid a lot of money to hear her sing. She did that a little but it was clear she should take a big long break from this and re-evaluate the show. A huge dissapointment.Save your money.WE asked around about this show after we saw it,and only got bad reviews from others too.Wish we would have known not to go.

3 Thank HouWisconsin