“3rd Row Orchestra”

209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 815 helpful votes
“3rd Row Orchestra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

Forgot to write a review when I went to see her and now she is GONE! I LOVE Bette and have followed her since I was in diapers, basically. When I was a teen, I flew to NYC to see her at Radio City when she began The "Experience the Divine" tour. This show was more glitzy and appropriate for Vegas. I can tell all you readers that if the opportunity arises, RUN to see this legend IF she ever tours again. I love her and although I am now a psychologist, she still makes me crazy! Can't wait to see her again and I REALLY hope next time I can get a decent picture with her to frame. Go Bette!

5 Thank traveler4k

USA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Not Great; Not Bad; Just Good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

I saw a previous review that I will just modify or add my comments to rather than retype the review:

"I paid to hear music, not a rambling of what political opinion I should have and if she wants to talk politics, do it on your own dime. I am conservative but I don't plaster Bush stickers all over my car, in fact I didn't much like Bush either. In my opinion Bush wasn't conservative either but you don't see me collecting $80 ticket prices to tell you that."

Me: My tickets were $150.00 a piece. I didn't have a problem with the jokes and found them funny; unfortunately, they were the EXACT same jokes complained about by others which it disappointed me more her lack of creativity as opposed to political jokes.

"Plus the mermaid stuff was EXTREMELY lame and for kids of 608 years old."

Me: The dancing in the wheelchairs was very lame. Basically, she is saying she is too old to put on a show, which was evident by the fact that she rarely wore shoes and her showgirls out did her in many of the numbers.

" The audience was filled with people 50-55 years old and she treated us like 6 year old."

Me: I don't feel like she treated us like 6 year olds, but her audience was old and made me feel out of place as a late 30 year old.

" I could have downloaded the 3 songs that I liked, burned a CD, and played the CD in the car while driving to another show that would have been tons better."

Me: I agree. I saw the show on January 30th and thought she would go all out; she did not and, therefore, believe I paid too much to see the show ($150 for about an hour and a half).

I hear she is finished in January, please do Vegas a favor and don't return unless you come back to be in the audience and see how entertainent is meant to be done.

Some people liked this show?????? Amazing.

2 Thank beachtraveller2009
Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“An enjoyable show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2010

We are in our 30's, so other than the classic Bette Midler tunes, I can't say that we truly appreciate her full acting/performance history.

The show (Jan 13th) was nearly sold out. Keep in mind when buying seats that Ceasar's palace seats 4200 people. We were in the front row of the 2nd mezzanine - we called it the nosebleeds, while they called it the "penthouse". The sound was outstanding, but a pair of those little binoculars would have been helpful. Bette was a little dot on the stage from where we were sitting.

The show had a strong start - very funny comedy monologue type thing mixed in with a few songs. If she would have kept up with this style, she would have held my attention. But the whole act with the show girls in the wheelchairs with the mermaid tails - we just didn't get it. Her voice though - more fantastic in person than anything you have ever heard on her CD's or on the radio. Very moving, even from the penthouse/balcony.

Beware of the expensive drinks: $15 for a frozen drink at the bar. And those photos with the showgirls: $45 each! Ouch!

2 Thank canehdiangrl
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“We Had A Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2010

Just returned from Las Vegas to see Bette Midler's show and was amazed how talented and personal she was. The mermaid skit had all of us in stiches - her songs had my sister in tears, her jokes were hilarious. We bought good tickets and were upgraded as well. I noticed some people complaining about her jokes about Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh. Seriously, she's a comedian, haven't these people ever watched Jay Leno . Fortunatly the kind of people who take Palin and Limbaugh seriously are a small fringe group - my son calls them wing nuts. We later meet Better at the book signing. Very cool lady.

4 Thank BayArea52
Santa Rosa, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“There's life in that old showgirl yet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

My wife and I saw Bette Midler on January 6 from the 1st mezzanine. The 2nd (highest) mezzanine was empty as were both sides of the 1st---a sign that the show is closing in less than a month? Most of the people we talked to purchased 1/2 price tickets, so if you go, there are good prices to be found.

I thought her show was great! Even though the sound was muddled and indistinct at times, her voice was sharp and clear. She made great use of videos throughout the show.
I had not seen her show before, but my wife, who saw her HBO special a few years ago, said there was a lot of old sketches and jokes (which did not diminish her appeal). I thought the mermaid sketch was the tackiest sketch I have ever seen in 16 years of Vegas acts---and I mean this in the most absolutely complimentary sense. Tears (of laughter) were rolling down my cheeks during the entire sketch. There was a good mixture of sketches, monologues and singing. Her last song, Wind Beneath My Wings, which I had heard before (who hasn't?) really had the entire audience in tears as everyone was emotionally caught up in the moment.

After this particular show, she signed her book(s) for anyone who stood in line after the show. The line was still going strong an hour later, and I am gratified she was willing to reach out to her public like this.

1 Thank Bob2222