My friend and I try and go to Vegas every couple a years to attend a hobby convention. We stayed on the strip last time, but decided this time we would explore down town. We found the hotel and was loving the pics of the newly updated rooms. It was a good price. We arrived to find the rooms were NOTHING like the pictures. The room we got had not been updated in the past 2-3 decades. When we asked about changing rooms the staff told us no, and we could not check out without paying the full price for the days we reserved. The floor had glitter from the last occupant on it. The couch was ripped. The bathroom was so small it was difficult to shut the door while inside. Then there was a mix up at the shuttle and we were not told the unmarked car was our shuttle so it left without us or without checking on where the reserved guest were that had call that morning to confirm the reservations. When I asked the valet he was rude to the point I felt threatened. Said it was my fault and walked away. When I went to the front desk to inquire what my options were, the girl at the front desk barely acknowledged me did not speak only shrugged. We went outside and started calling to see who we could get to come get us. After 30 min a different member of staff came up and offered to drive us. But not before a armed security guard came and took my information when I asked the staff member, what that was about, he said they were banning me from the hotel!!! Mismanaged, rude, outdated, there are so many better options just a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino Las Vegas