I've never stayed downtown and I wanted to give it a try so I went to the El Cortez. I actually liked the place. The tower room was perfectly fine and I was on the quiet side of the building. But the smoke that permeated the facility was more than I expected (even for an old school Las Vegas casino). Still it had a good vibe and I liked the proximity to Fremont Street (which was great). And the room price was pretty hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas. With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan's South Point Sports Book. Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Cortez Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Cortez Hotel Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel And Casino
- El Cortez Las Vegas
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino Las Vegas