“Say Whatever You Could Say.....”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #104 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hilo, Hawaii
“Say Whatever You Could Say.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am so disappointed of what people feed backs especially talking about the Fremont Hotel....I do have good experienced upon my stay in fact not only this trip but always every time I go to Vegas and stayed at Fremont. Staffs are friendly no matter what is their positions. I know the room wasn't great but doesn't mean the hotel is no good for to stay. The room rates is affordable also as the foods. That's why every time I visit Las Vegas 2-3 times a year Fremont is my first choice to stay, because I felt safe. Every time I go to travel SAFETY is my no.1 policy and FREMONT Hotel is giving me that privileged that's why always stayed with them. If you don't like Fremont Hotel it means you don't have to step in inside the building....but so far you always keep stepping in.......so I guess you missed your experienced how great the Fremont Hotel is or was......he he he

Room Tip: I let this space for you to choose since we all have preferences.....
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank mennparadise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Korean first
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME BY STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. Thought we would give this one a try because we like Delta Downs ( which is owned by the same corporation ). Delta Downs is clean, the people are friendly, and service is fantastic. The Fremont was DIRTY, the people at the front desk were RUDE, and service was TERRIBLE. The ONLY nice thing about the hotel was the buffet. Getting off the elevator to go to our room, we were greeted by a nasty, musky smell in the hallways. Entered the room and was shocked by the smell and look of an old, run-down motel. If we hadn't just flown in at midnight and had carted all our luggage up to the rooms, we would have left. The bathroom was horrible...........the dryer cord was caked with dirt and dust........ dust along baseboard area and doors, and the walls next to the toilet were splattered with dried "stuff"........don't have to guess what it was. Couldn't wait to leave. Called three times for a bellman to come help with luggage....never showed up. Girl at front desk refused to call a taxi for us. There are too many other hotels and casinos to go to .................this one is awful. Boyd Gaming should be ashamed of this place. It is in a great location.............too bad the management and executives don't check out what their workers are doing. This place would be a great place for an episode of Undercover Boss.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Texas2emptynesters
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Fremont Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate all comments and value the information shared by our guests. We apologize for your experience as this is not in line with the high standards we have set. Your comments have been forwarded to the General Manager for further review with our team. Once again we would like to thank you and hope that you give us another try in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Didnt stay in the hotel but walking down Freemont their signage indicating that bottles of Corona were €2 inside was too good to pass up. And, indeed, it didnt disappoint.

Inside the place felt a little dated but the staff were excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dfrag_9
Mountain Home, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I am writing this review as it is a warning for anyone planning on staying here or even 'entering' their property. I can not comment on the hotel rooms as we stayed at another hotel on Fremont Street. Although, we did go to eat at the restaurant downstairs with slot machines near the dining area. I unfortunately after eating left my camera bag with my wallet, a change purse, and my phone at the restaurant. Not realizing this as I had several sovenier bags with me also my husband and I went back to our room at the Golden Nugget to get some rest. I immediately realized when I awoke the next morning my camera bag was not with my other things. I went directly to Fremont Hotel and went to security and told them of my issue. At that point I was told they had a bag matching my discription. I was overwhelmed with joy because I unfortunately had taken all my money with me in my bag and was relieved to find out they had my bag. I was told someone turned it into security. However, they would NOT tell me who turned it in and told me I was very lucky to get my bag back. I had 2,500.00 in the change purse ( kept there thinking my money was better off on myself instead of left in a room) and in my wallet I had 500 dollars. When I recieved my bag I was told the sum of money was 507.00. I told them about the 2500.00 which was in the bank envelope that I DID recieve back but was empty. They did not seem a bit concerned but I did talk to the manager that informed me that there were no cameras in that part of the casino and basically they could do nothing about it. I personally know there are cameras EVERYWHERE in the casino.Hmmm, NO cameras at security where the person would have turned it in? No cameras near the slot machines? It just seems ALL a little fishy to me. Why take the large sum of money and leave the smaller sum? A thief would have taken it all I would think and was told by the cashier the same.. I am very disappointed in the service or business that they dealt with me. I am not a gambler and was there basically to sight see. It may not seem like alot to many people but it was my savings over the years and can't be replaced. I feel the cameras could have captured more than they let on. I learned a HARD lesson at a older age and I pray that no one else has a experience like this SO THIS IS A WARNING of how you will be treated at Fremont Hotel and Casino. I would advise DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank 4americantraveler
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Me & the wife went on 10/25-10/28, we are both bconnected members and we been getting a lot of comp room offers so we decided to try it out. We normally stay on the strip but I enjoy gambling at downtown, better vibe for me I guess. So everytime we woukd go, we always end up at Fremont street.

So we get there Thurs morning, they dont have a self park structure so just pull up to valet and your right by the check in. Check in was really fast and easy. Staff was very helpful. We were given coupons for buffet and other great deals. Room was perfect. Nothing too fancy but not ghetto either. 40inch flat screen. We were on the 7th floor. Yes restrrom a lil small, so?

Buffet is above average and we enjoyed it. We will eat there again on our next trip for sure.

My wife loves the slots here and I also enjoy shooting craps and playing roulette here so it's perfect for me. Nothing like gambling to like 4-5am and just going upstairs, stumbling into my room lol.

Binions across from Fremont has a cafe thats open 24hrs, you gotta try the hangover burger, amazing. A bunch of great food on Fremont street. The only thing that sucked at the Fremont was the chinese food spot, its kind of like fast food chinese and yea it sucked, but it was free so cant really complain I guess. We will be staying here from now on yeeeeeeee!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Sicc1503
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was with 4 other girlfriends for my 50th birthday. We loved the convenience of the Fremont to other downtown casinos, restaurants and Fremont street activities. It was clean and comfortable. Gambling was fun. Only one $3 black jack table and craps table so sometimes there was a wait but dealers were fun and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Traveler22312013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The room was clean and nicely decorated, loved the big window covered with plantation shutters.
Nice casino, convenient to everything downtown. Lots of eating options and a really good buffet. My only complaint was the noise from a band on the street. They played until 3am and it was loud.
Of course, we weren't the late night party people so it bothered us more than it would them. Maybe they should supply ear plugs.

Room Tip: Far away from the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family