“Modern and clean Place”

Fremont Hotel and Casino
Ranked #100 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Fremont Hotel has great prices, the interior ist nice and the room was clean. The room was so much better than what we expected. And the Fremont Street is an great experience for it self . The busses that drive to the Strip come frequently and are supervised by security so you feel safe as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jester8
There are newer reviews for Fremont Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 28 August 2014

the winniest casino downtown..only $1.00 hit the keno machine for 1k..then 15 minutes later got the treasure chest to release $1199..on a $1.25 bet poker machine.

The live keno hit 7 out 9 $1.00 bet for $280.00. Wow if had gotten to sleep I would have ridden the wave.but could no longer stay awake..

Next day the crap tables are the best at the Fremont the staff there are very helpful and courteous. Broke even and tried everynight but was not able to catch one of the lucky shooters..

Going back in October and surf the crap table with my lucky shooter.my daughter in law...she won two jackets from Fremont for rolling more than 45 passes.

The staff always acknowledges you by your name..

I do not receive comp rooms from the Fremont..Just enoy the atmosphere there..

Book the room and enjoy..have fun and make money/\...

Always felt safe even if traveling by myself at 69 years old..

Room Tip: Ask for rooms close to the elevators because some of these rooms reqire climbing up stairs to anothe...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank jackywacky555
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just got back from a weekend in Vegas. Love staying on fremont street and my wife gets free comps so its a win win. Not much luck on the casino this trip but cant wait to go back in October. I had better luck when I walked down the street to el cortez, rolled for 45 min straight on Friday night!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Sicc1503
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great place to go and gamble. Walking distance to go and explore nearby casino. Love the Fremont street experience. Can't wait to go back. Tasty buffet and if you're not into the buffet you can order off the café menu. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank carolinasangel
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have gamed here many times and finally took Boyd's offer for a stay of four comped nights. Upgraded to suite at checkin, with fast, efficient, and friendly transaction. The rooms are what one should expect at their normal price point - clean and serviceable, everything worked, standard hotel tv channels, etc, - room was well worn but not shabby. The bathrooms are really tiny, by any lodging standard. This is not at destination resort - it's a room steps from the carnival that is Fremont Street.
Overall the hotel staff I encountered were pleasant and friendly, people just doing a job, and that's ok with me, I have no sense of 'entitlement' just because I'm on holiday and I treat people like I wish to be treated. I spent a great deal of time at the gaming tables and received several comps for dining from the 'pit' staff. (This is how the 'old' vegas used to operate - entice gamers to stay and play). The casino staff and bar staff were also great to me. Fred at the dinner buffet is a nice waiter, Cookie remembered my drink 'particulars'. The dealers were mostly fun and talkative, if you engaged them in conversation. My only drawbacks are the gaming tables are to closely packed together, the restrooms are far away, (but always serviced and relatively clean), and the casino layout allows for a constant parade of 'revelers' from the street to interfere with the gaming tables.
These are minor things, again this is not the Bellagio, nor does it try to pretend to be anything but the Fremont. I am returning in two months, comped, thank you, for another stay. Gamble, eat, drink, party - this is downtown, not this overhyped Strip. Enjoy a nice cheap stay at the Fremont, it is what it is....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank AzRat
Reviewed 20 August 2014

fremont has been our base casino, hotel two times per year for about 5 or 6 years now. very friendly staff, nice buffet and reasonable too. also nice downtown casino. recommend this if your a vegas goer.always a great time.

Room Tip: b connected
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank psycho8380
Reviewed 20 August 2014

As with many of the Las Vegas casino/hotels, you have to walk through the casino to get to the registration desk. We decided to get a B Connected gamer's card before we checked in. The man who waited on us seemed to have a limited grasp of English. Also, I had two coupons, both of which he took from me and then said, "Come back later." I asked for the coupons back, he said, "This is all I can do for you." He didn't do anything for me! I reported him to the registration desk, but I doubt anything came of it. The casino isn't anything special, and was very smoky, even early in the afternoon.
The buffet was quite good, it wasn't big, but had some good food, like crab claws and grilled steak. Compared to food on the strip, the buffet is inexpensive.
The hotel is dated, my bed seemed fine but my husband complained that his bed was sloping. The bathroom was so small that an inch or two of the sink overlapped the bath tub, and the toilet was set at an angle so the door could close. The bathtub had no way to hold water, you could only take a shower. The view I had was the roof of the casino. The noise from Fremont Street was so bad it made sleeping impossible.
We checked out of this hotel and into a hotel on The Strip, and got a shock! A large amount "extra, in case of incidentals" was being held on my credit card, and I had difficulty obtaining the other room. So if you stay here, plan on staying the entire trip or you might get an unpleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Unless you want noise until the wee hours of the morning, don't take a room on the Fremont Stree...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business