“Good value and lots to do !”
Review of Luxor Las Vegas

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #75 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
luton
“Good value and lots to do !”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

The hotel like all in Vegas is the size of a village and at the end of the south strip . The room was great very comfy beds and clean rooms . Reasonable pool but very shallow do hard to swim properly . Everything in the hotel is very expensive , and you pay for everything . Lots of facilities and the buffet is the best value way of eating as The good court is pricey . Staff not that friendly but ok .

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

everyone goes to Vegas to party, and the Luxor was centrally located and had everything we needed. it also had a night club downstairs called the LAX it was so much fun and i would definatly stay there again.

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Even though the Luxor is at the end of the Las Vegas strip, it is still a great hotel. With the walkway between Mandalay Bay and The Excalibur and just a short walk across the bridge to New York New York there are plenty of options for gambling, food & drink and clubs.

Staff is friendly and the pool is perfect for relaxing in the sun. The drinks at the pool are pretty steep $7 beers and $10 mixed and they wont let you bring outside drinks even if you bring them from the casino. To me this is a major drawback; however, I am unsure about the rules for other Casino pools in the area. You really can't go wrong with any of the hotels around the Luxor area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a pyramid queen room for 9 nights. On arrival as other reviews stated the check in was slow but some prompting/shouting from a customer in the queue saw them open more booths and the line went down. We were originally on the third floor but they stated to return if we wanted a higher room the next day and apologised that they were full, we paid for a pyramid room so they didnt have to offer us that so we were happy as we got moved to the 17th floor! They were in the process of updating the second floor rooms while we were there but we were more than happy with our room, it was clean, tidy with a good view and good sized shower. The hotel is stunning and so clever with its design and i never got bored of the view while walking through, in fact it made me smile each time. I would avoid the luxor buffet, its not great and the mandalay bay is a very short walk through the hotels and is much better. You can use the duece bus to get into the centre of the strip just ask the concierge desk for a brochure with details, very cheap and worth while especially to visit the Wynne Buffet....absolutley amazing food! Also worth a visit is Diegos mexican in mgm grand, yum! Pool area is ok but the pool is shallow and depending on numbers in the hotel depends on how many part of the pool they open but its massive!!! Apart from the buffet i really enjoyed my stay at the luxor and would defo visit again!!!

Oxted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at Luxor Las Vegas for a week in August 2012, opting to stay at the Luxor because, well, where else do you get to stay in an enormous pyramid shaped building!

The hotel represents very good value - particularly if you search around for a deal - and the hotel architecture is frankly amazing. It's insane, but amazing! All the rooms have external views as they are on the outside edge of the pyramid, and from my room on the 21st floor I had great views off to the mountains in the west.

However, within the hotel I also had amazing views as the corridors around the edge of each floor are completely open so you get to have an incredible view of the central atrium, which is vast - people look like ants on the floor below.

The rooms themselves are fine - quite spacious actually - but the decor is certainly a bit tired. I stayed in the main pyramid part of the hotel in a Pyramid Deluxe King Room. If you go looking for problems you will find them - for example the carpet underneath the air conditioning unit was a bit mouldy, and the fan in the bathroom was clearly in need of replacement, as it was very loud when turned on.

The television was not high definition (in fact the signal quality was very weak), there was no bath (only a shower) and there was no WiFi (though there was a wired ethernet connection).

However you don't really go to Vegas to watch TV, or spend hours in the bath, or spend hours on WiFi, so this wasn't a problem at all and to be fair the hotel room rate was so reasonable that I cannot feel too bothered by these imperfections.

Apparently the rooms in the Tower area are more modern and up-to-date, but then I can stay in a tower style hotel anywhere... I wanted to stay in the pyramid!

My biggest disappointment with the hotel was actually the pool area, which was very boring. Yes, it has four swimming pools, but they are all basically the same - shallow rectangular pools - really not that special, and the sunbathing areas were also very dull with few umbrellas and no plant life or vegetation.

It's swings and roundabouts though - my friends paid a lot more and stayed at the MGM Grand which had an amazing pool, but their hotel was far less interesting and their room far smaller. I feel I had a better deal from the Luxor overall.

The rooms were cleaned daily and the service courteous. The location was good - an easy and pleasant walk (5-10 mins) from the main strip - and I'd have no problem recommending the Luxor to anyone looking for an interesting hotel to stay at while in Las Vegas, but who are keen to get really good value.

Final point - many hotels impose a daily 'resort fee' on top of the quoted price for their hotel. Luxor charged me $18 per day for this; this practice is a bit silly but they were upfront about it when I booked the hotel on their website and I factored it into my costings so it wasn't a surprise, and I still felt I got good value compared to other hotels in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to ask for a Pyramid room on the highest possible floor. The other rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Nick H
Branchburg, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was traveling for work and dont gamble so I cant say much about the shows or casino, but I staying in the pyramid for 3 nights that were just fine. room was clean, a little dated but clean. Bed was comfortable, but the pillows were worn out. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.The hotel has some great views from up high in the pyramid. I wouldnt suggest staying high in the pyramid if you have crazy young kids that run around. the railing that overlooks the casino floor is fairly low. Heights dont bother me, so I enjoyed looking over but i saw a few families with small children freaking out when the kid was pulling themselves onto up to see over the railing. All in all a very nice hotel in a great location. just could use some updating.

Room Tip: I would stay up high in the pyramid. First its a great view and the noise from the casino inaudible
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jdrambo
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Just came back from a trip to Vegas. We stay in Luxor for 4 days and 3 night. We have a good time partying all night sleeping all day so we had pravicy from housekeeping. Overall we loved this place We can't wait to come back.