“I paid $22 for my room”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #81 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I play this game on Facebook called MyVegas and had accumulated enough points for a Pyramid room for one night, the entire room fee was paid for except for the resort fee which was yep you guessed it $22. The hotel itself was pretty cool there were dancers on every stage in the casino, there was enough free parking (early morning you would have to park farther away but at least there was free parking). We check-in (20mins), take the elevator (scary because it goes sideways), got to our floor the elevator doors open and we find a construction zone-there is stucco putty on all the walls, plastic sheets hanging from walls, we were scared if the hallway looks like this what will our room look like? Answer: Exactly the same. the room had been run through the bed was made, the chipped/scratched furniture had not been dusted, the bathroom was also under construction but it was acceptable, some of the towels were dirty as well as the pillow cases. We just kept reminding ourselves that the room only cost us $22. We came in around 4am and were woken up around 6am by the alarm clock radio in the room then we fell asleep again then at 8am we were woken up by drills and hammers on all walls around our room. We were just happy that we had an air unit that worked air conditioning/heater worked well, we had cold and hot water, the water was clear, all the lights worked in the room. I would have been upset if we paid the $120 that other guest were paying but since we didn't ehh whatever.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EriumV
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear EriumV,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the perks of myVEGAS! However, we apologize that your room quality fell below standard. We appreciate valuable guest feedback of every kind, and will utilize your comments to reassess best practices across our property. We regret that your stay fell slightly short of expectations, and will strive to restore your faith in our resort, so you can revisit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Luxor Las Vegas

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We spent two nights here including New Years Eve.

Our double room with rollaway bed with very spacious and met our needs as a family but overall the hotel looks likes its in need need of a complete refurbishment. Its tired and needs attention.

Besides that, the staff were helpful and attentive with our needs. Strangely it was the quietest hotel we stayed in during our month long holiday which surprised us considering this was Vegas!

We chose this hotel as we thought it would be fun for our kids and they were not disappointed.

Overall, fine for a few nights but would be amazing if it was cleaned up a bit.

Room Tip: The higher the better if you can stomach the strange lift ride up!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear BBsFamily,

We are delighted to hear that you chose to celebrate the New Year with us at Luxor! It is wonderful to know that you were extended our signature service throughout your entire stay. At Luxor, we work hard to create a warm and welcoming environment for guests of all ages and it is great to see that your children enjoyed their time with us as well. Thank you for your feedback and come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at the Luxor for 5 nights this February. I would recommend booking a room in the towers rather than in the pyramid rooms. We were moved to the tower rooms after having some problems in our first room (in the pyramid) - and the tower rooms seemed to be newer and better taken care of. It was also quieter in the tower, but the noise level wasn't too bad in the pyramid rooms either.
The staff at the hotel were very helpful with all of our questions and concerns.
There is a great Deli near Elevator 2, we had breakfast there almost everyday and were always impressed.
I'm not sure that I would chose this hotel in the future, but all in all it wasn't a bad stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower portion of the hotel, much cleaner and fairly new looking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear madeforthesunAlberta,

Thank you for allowing us to host your five night stay recently. We are happy to hear that our Front Desk was able to resolve any inconveniences you encountered in your Pyramid room by quickly room changing you to one of our refreshed Tower rooms. Additionally, Backstage Deli is a great New York inspired eatery open 24 hours for our guests with a healthy appetite! Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This was a miserable experience. We were put in the foot fungus of the hotel, room 4084. It was near noisy, very noisy elevators, it was dirty, crumbling and the wall paper was peeling. I found a fingernail in my beer at the aurora bar. When I told the bartenders, they just looked at me and said, "Wow, that's gross." Then they went about their business. I cleaned my straightening iron before I ironed my collar with a small towel. It had product gunk on it. I put it on the floor by the door with my other dirty towels. I go take a shower that night, grab a towel to wash my body and when I open it, it was the gross gunky towel I put on the floor by the door. She took the obviously nasty towel I put on the floor and folded the dirty part on the inside and put it back in the rack! What if I was checking out? Some other poor guy would have opened that up and probably would have checked out that night (because it looked like feces to be quite honest). I don't think my sheets were regularly changed, as I kept finding my own hair where I slept.

When we were put in the awful room, she said sorry we're putting you in this room. She knew it was a poor excuse of a room. I haven't been so disappointed in a hotel stay in years. I went to the desk to ask about the "resort fee" and she said no matter what it's nonrefundable. What about the no pool part (December), I ask. Oh well she says, non refundable. I never use a gym. Oh well, non refundable. What about the fact that I didn't use WiFi or make calls. Oh well she says, non refundable. This is no way to treat customers.

There are too many great hotels on the Strip guys. Don't be lured in by their "cheap rates". You get what you pay for. Plus, this hotel is near nothing - it's at the end/beginning of the strip, however you want to look at it. You can't just walk out of your door and go anywhere decent.

I've been to Las Vegas at least 15 times, and this place is the foot fungus of the strip.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 2drinkwaters

Dear 2drinkwaters,

The experiences you encountered certainly are not indicative of our strong commitment to exceptional service. We take guest feedback of this kind very seriously, and will investigate these issues further to prevent any reoccurrence. Should you wish to discuss the particulars of your visit in greater detail, please feel free to email us directly at guestrelations@luxor.com. Hopefully, we can convince you to return to Luxor in the future, and provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We had a great time. The Luxor was a great place to stay. The staff was great to us. They were so very helpful and pleasant. I can't say any more....just that we had a very enjoyable experience and we'll do it again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ruth L,

We are excited to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! Our staff works hard to provide the highest level of service for each and every guest and they will be very grateful for your kind recognition. We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon as our treasured guest.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights for my kids soccer tourney in January.

The hotel was nice and clean. Was not a long walk from self parking to our room.
Did the $20 tip trick at check in and was upgraded from a standard pyramid queen room to a corner king suite. 11th floor and view to the North away from the strip.

Room was clean and spacious. Kind of odd there was a soaking tub by the windows-not a jacuzzi tub. We couldn't figure out how to drain the water haha.

The room was always cleaned quickly and efficiently. All staff we encountered during the stay was friendly.

We ate at the Pub/restaurant towards the front of he hotel. Just average-typical Vegas food. Also did the food court.

Saw the jabawockeez show. Used a coupon from the book given to us at check in. Good show. My 12 year old really liked it.

Overall a good stay. Nice value for the money. Would come back for sure.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Luxor Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear NYGIANTSFAN56INSD,

We hope your child did well in their soccer tournament! We could not be happier to know we were hosting such a special stay. Jabbawockeez is a very popular show and we are thrilled to see that the intricate and synchronized dance routines made for a great night! Our entire staff is patiently awaiting your return.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed in the pyramid on the 19th floor in October. Check in was fast and friendly. We had a view of the strip and airport so watching the lights at night was great. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. Only down fall I would have to say is the resort fees.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear scooter9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. There is no better way to admire the beautiful lights in Sin City then with us at Luxor and it is wonderful to read your kind comments. Additionally, our staff will appreciate your generous recognition. Come back and see us again soon!