“Great Visit”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great Visit”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I loved Vegas. I came with family for my 21st back in 2010 and loved every moment. It's not the greatest hotel on the strip but it offered us decent value at the time and a location on the strip. We went to see the magician but he was poor. Everything else was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liam120189

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,538)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Luxor.. Hotel is looking little old.. Positive for me full weight room you usually don't find that at resorts. Pools are little cold when you get in... No shade around pool which sucks if your not into tanning... Ps buy some umbrellas Luxor and randomly put them around chairs... Deli by sports book had good food... Breakfast just go to mcdonals at the food court cheapiest option...

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gopackers1
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Opt for a room in the tower and not the pyramid. The rooms are not bad for the price, and are fairly large. The rooms were always clean, and I never had an issue. They also have a fair share of shows and activities on property.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Oscar R
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our family of 5 booked two rooms in the pyramid....rooms were not adjoining but within three rooms of each other. Rooms were large, clean and beds were very comfortable. Plumbing in shower was older and needed upgraded. Noise was not a problem...located on 6th floor. It was affordable for us. Definitely not a luxurious hotel but great for a family....only complaint is no wifi and no coffeemaker in the rooms. Resort fees are standard in Vegas but you do not see any added benefit for the money in my opinion. I would stay here again-room rate very favorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My company booked four rooms this past weekend at the Luxor. I have highly recommended that they never do so again. The staff here are under the impression that not one of their guests deserves any of their time. Right up front, at check in, is when it started. The girl couldn't find my reservation after about four seconds so she told me she couldn't help and asked me to step aside. She didn't ask any other questions or try to help in any way. I didn't step aside and produced my reservation number. Surprise, there it was. Her excuse? 'I didn't get ANY sleep last night. Haha.' Really, Luxor? She conveniently left her name off of the card with my key in it (there's a blank spot for Front Desk Representative). To follow, the elevators are an absolute nightmare. The slowest in all of Vegas. A lot of the buttons to call the elevators don't even work. Next, there is no option to purchase pay per views in the rooms. As I was there during a major fight, this was extremely frustrating. Why not use the internet? There is NO, NONE, ZERO wifi at the Luxor. They don't offer it. For your daily resort fee they brag about the wired internet access in your room. Well, if you've bought a laptop lately, they don't have Ethernet plugs in them. This is 2014, Luxor. Finally, when trying to find a co workers room, I asked the concierge for directions. She (Kathy) gave me directions I knew to be wrong and when I said, she snapped at me and told me I wasn't looking hard enough. I found the room on my own. This place is absolute garbage. Get it together.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank StephenMccarty
Providence
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After reading reviews on here I was nervous to book the Luxor ; but I'm happy I did . Originally I had the pyramid room but was upgraded to the deluxe room in the tower ! Spacious room; big bathroom that includes soaking tub and a shower . Decent view

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Eastcoast401
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our room in the East Tower was very large and nice. It had a good view. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a large variety of very fresh food which was nicely prepared and tasted very good. The staff throughout the hotel was exceptionally nice and helpful. A good experience overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple