“Very Good Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Vegas is an awesome place and everyone who has been already knows that. I went on a trip with my fraternity brothers and we decided to stay at the Luxor. The prices are a little better than other places on the strip. I would have to say that I was satisfied with my stay. The location could have been closer but that is not the hotels fault. My room was nice, clean, and comfortable. I was upgraded to a tower room which I enjoyed better than the pyramid. The pyramid elevators are a little scary, they are loud, and they shake. The inside of the pyramid has a nice look to it. The fast food choices are not bad. I ate McDonald's for breakfast. Some of my brothers ate Nathans. We didn't eat any of the other restaurants inside Luxor. They didn't have the appeal that other places on the strip have. One of my brothers had already purchased a Jabbawockeez ticket and I wanted to get one from the box office myself. The process was easy and simple. The guy gave me a great ticket and when inside for the show I was upgraded to an even better seat. The show was AMAZING. I wanted to see it again.

Overall stay was great. I didn't rate excellent because of the age of the hotel, the location and a few other minor details. I would stay there again for the price.

Room Tip: Try the $20 trick! Look it up!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Galina P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,542)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Luxor several times, it was much better initially withheld full on Egyptian theme. The Pyramid rooms are interesting and worth a stay once. The Tower rooms are larger and better, although they are farther from the casino. The casino is dark and rather depressing. It's an ok place to stay for the cost conscious but better deals are normally available.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Juneau, AK
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at the Luxor, our stay was one week. Our service was outstanding from check in to our check out. Clean rooms, friendly staff and lots to do. We are planning another trip next spring and will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We had the basic room, which was okay. The bed was super comfortable and everything was clean. Our ac malfunctioned and within 10 mins we were upgraded and moved to a larger room/suite with a fridge and large tub at the window overlooking the strip. The hotel was very kid friendly, had greats shows, and great food options!!!! The pool was great for my husband and I and our 8 year old. We liked being connected to Mandalay and Excaliber, especially since it rained our 1st 2 days in vegas - plenty to do indoors!!!!
We walked the strip and went in almosy every hotel. Over and over again, our 8 year old told us how much he liked the Luxor decor/theme over the others. The location is a downfall if you want to see ALL of the strip, but honestly, the end it is on was VERY kid friendly. I can't say the same for the other end of the strip. We really enjoyed our stay, the service, and the magical smell inside the Luxor. We will be back!!!!
Oh, and the pillows were by far the most comfortable I've slept on!!!

• Stayed August 2014
chicago,il
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been to vegas numerous times in the past 30yrs, however the luxor is the armpit of vegas. I had to pay an early check in fee(really).. The Internet went down for 2 days, and I was told it was an entire MGM problem. Finally, I had no housekeeping on my final day..I only stayed here because my son was in a big basketball tournament. Room was awful, and tv didn't work! If you can stay anywhere else... Do it...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vegas50
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay @ Luxor and I am already book to return for a 3rd trip. I stay in the east tower this time. The towers are a bit of a walk from the main attractions however I enjoy the quite it provides it's at the south end of the strip. Which means it's less congested. Walking distance to Mandalay bay, mgm, New York New York, Excalibur. Excellent value for Money. I actually got sick during my stay and the staff made sure I had water and cleaned the mess promptly. I stayed 11 nights this year and all staff members I encountered were friendly. For me luxor is an affordable and great value choice.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zacman85
Gladstone, Oregon
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Luxor was a reasonably priced hotel. The staff was great and there was lots to do at the hotel and around it. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool but wish we had. The room was large. The exhibits sounded good but we didn't have time to check them out. The shows looked good too but also didn't have the time to check them out. Looking for a reasonable place to stay on the strip? This is the hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business