“love the Luxor”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #80 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this was our second visit to Vegas and the Luxor...we used our comp rooms for this visit, but we werent at hotel much as we took a drive to California..just used as a place to sleep when we got back from road trip..cant complain..except we could have used a coffee maker in room and did not have one..definitly coming back to Luxor in future!

Room Tip: need coffee maker and mini fridge and microwave
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed here while in Vegas for a wedding. The entire hotel experience was horrible. First off, we arrived at the hotel by shuttle from the airport and were dropped off at what seemed to be the entrance farthest from the front desk. I understand this is probably not the hotel's doing (unless they direct the shuttles to do so) but nonetheless they were completely unconcerned with the inconvenience. The personnel who appeared to be hotel staff (even standing behind counters inside the entrance) turned out to be hustlers peddling show tickets and whatever else they thought an ignorant tourist might fall for. After dragging our luggage, which were not offered any help with, from one side of the pyramid to the other, we reached the front desk. After a prolonged wait we finally got our room keys and were incorrectly directed by the clerk to walk all the way back across the length of the building to the necessary elevator. However, after reaching our floor we realized our room was on the opposite side of building, above the front desk. Of course, there were elevators directly behind the front desk which would have prevented us from dragging our luggage the entire width of the building across a carpeted smoke filled casino floor. No, we were never offered assistance with our luggage, nor did we see anyone else who was.
When we reached our room we found it to be poorly lit and in desperate need of remodeling. The best way I can explain it would be depressing and old. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for a decent room. I'm sure I was obviously unhappy. But instead at least being polite,the clerk rudely asked what I meant by "decent". My response was "something not "depressing". She offered me a suite, at an additional cost of course. I took it and soon found out it was just a larger, darker depressing old room. And again we were not offered assistance with my luggage while relocating.
There was no wifi in the rooms and both reeked of tobacco smoke despite being labeled as "non-smoking". I realized at this point that I was not going to get any satisfaction from the hotel or its staff and after an unsuccessful search for other rooms nearby we settled in for a very disappointing stay. I have an extensive travel history and have to say that when asked what my worst experiences are, this hotel ranks in the top 5.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else. The Mandalay Bay next door had much nicer accommodations.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ams-ibz
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Recently stayed at The Luxor for my birthday and had an amazing time. The hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel was not as busy as some of the other hotels on the strip which I liked. I really enjoyed the bartenders at the high bar, they were hilarious. I will be coming back to stay at Luxor in the future :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked a $20 F&B discount and upon check-in it was not acknowledged. I called the operator on the morning of my departure & was dismissive and was so quick to transfer me to the front desk. You can't beat the price for the room, don't get me wrong! I only stayed here because my family booked a block of rooms here first. I'm a Front Office trainer for Loews Resorts & I recommend you (LUXOR) should invest a bit in your customer service. It's everything!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tana B
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Didn't care too much for this hotel. I have stayed at the New York, Bally's, Rio and Planet Hollywood towers before and the Luxor is my least favourite. The rooms feel dark and small. The elevators are horrible and the ceilings to get there are low. The location is not the greatest either. And of course they charged the resort fee that is nothing but a crock for a few more dollars. They all seem to charge that anyway, but doesn't really offer much?!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cable J
Reviewed 16 August 2014

had a great time at the luxor would stay there again when i go back the rooms are really nice service is great the food was great had alot of food for all ages the backstage deli has really good coffee and breakfast ate there evry morning elevators where a little confusing at first but it was a really nice stay the rooms where clean and has alot of space

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Currently staying here, unfortunately. The room is old and dated. The wi fi in the room is spotty. The elevators take about 10mins to get up or down. My parents loved staying here about 10 years ago, and well I think its outlived its time. I do not recommend this hotel....pay the extra and stay elsewhere!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends