“Luxor”

Luxor Las Vegas
Ranked #81 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

i would totally recommend the Luxor to my friends and family! my stay there was comfortable and pleasing. The Luxor has plenty of good shows for the family too see. i could almost stay at the Luxor the whole time and have something different to do every night. Good shows, food, gambling, etc...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lupe6920011

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Luxor many times, but on this trip it is more obvious than ever that they don't vacuum. I did the French fry test, when I got there I noticed a French fry in the hallway. I arrived on a Friday and that little guy was still there Tuesday. I figured maybe the Luxor's vacuuming team was not cutting it or the performance of their equipment is poor.

While my room in the West Tower was spacious, this hotel is looking worn and outdated. With a little renovation, this hotel could be very nice. Add some color to the walls and some lighting. I will give the Pillow Buyer kudos. Nice pillows! The TV's need to be reset, when you turn it on it blares at a very high volume on the hotel channel. This doesn't subliminally make me want to gamble, go to shows or buy anything. It just pisses me off.

My take is that if you can get an ultra cheap price on this hotel then stay here. If not, the stay elsewhere.

We noticed even the service at T&T was not as good as it has been in the past. That was our goto place after work.

Overall, the Luxor is a middle range hotel. Nothing more and nothing less.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 7 nights in July with a awesome rate plus a $20 food and beverage credit although I really enjoyed there casino I was disappointed in the overall experience . After deciding on a pyramid room instead of a tower room I wished later I had the tower room. First of all the ice machine stopped working after my second night there and it was the only ice machine on our floor and it never got fixed , after telling housekeeping she said she would take care of it but no biggie as I just took a elevator to a adjacent floor and got my ice there during the remaining days of my trip. I really disliked the internet service as there is no wifi in your rooms but they have a plug in Ethernet cable, why am I paying resort fees if other casinos offer wireless internet and luxor is still in the stone ages.Rooms however were clean but I did notice one day I left the do not disturb sign up and housekeeping knocked anyway, I suppose they figure people forget but if they do it's there fault so leave them be .i left a $5 tip first couple of days and she never replaced the shampoo/ conditioner!
All in all I like the casino but as far as staying there a little dusappointed!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank buffaloboy44
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I felt our stay at the resort was just average. I stayed at the Luxor my very first time in Vegas some 10 years ago and during our recent stay it unfortunately looked like it hasn't been updated since. The staff however was polite and helpful and the location is good, but our bathroom was missing tiles, no wifi was available in the rooms, and we had to call for housekeeping if we wanted our room cleaned. Even though we stayed at a promotional rate, after including the resort fee of $25/night, I felt we overpaid. I would definitely consider staying somewhere else next time I am in Vegas.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Outstanding experience! Price, service and staff were fantastic.
Went to Vegas to participate in a Dodge ball competition, Luxor offered fantastic rates for the players. I highly recommend the Luxor hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Luxor is located in an area that is not congested with traffic and has easy access on and off the freeway. The tower rooms is where i prefer to stay and are always clean and very relaxing. The pool is also very relaxing and they play great music there too. The restaurants, shows, and shopping are all my favorite reasons why i choose Luxor every year i go to Las Vegas, and that's a lot of years.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank R
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Luxor might not be the fanciest hotel on the strip, but it IS on the strip and it's a really good price for what you get. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Yea, they soak you with the $20 resort fee like all the other hotels on the strip but that's getting harder and harder to get away from. My only complaint is that the rooms do not have free wifi. Only Ethernet hook up. And the reception on the casino floor is awful. We kept having to go outside to check emails or send pics.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family