“On Strip, Good Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth, Texas
“On Strip, Good Value”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We all know the pyramid. Turns out its a nice place to stay as well. Received the complimentary upgrade to a suite in the west tower. Room was clean, vanity mirror was missing, strong water pressure in the shower (enough to strip paint). The two TV locations mean that from the bedroom you are probably adjusting both TVs from one remote. Non-pay pool area seemed overcrowded, but hey, it was Saturday. Rooms only have a Cat-5 cable for internet, for wifi you need to go into the common areas downstairs.

Beyond that, staff was professional. If you are looking for a good place on the south end of the Strip, but Excalibur is too cheap and South Point is too far, Luxor is your go to place.

Room Tip: Las Vegas runs on tips.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had a business trip to Las Vegas and the conference was at the Mandalay Bay, but they were sold out. The Luxor was the next choice and friends warned me that the hotel had become dated and worn. From the moment I called until I departed, it was a great experience. I had arranged for two rooms and was given an upgrade for both.

The rooms may have had a view of the parking lot, but I didn't care. They were clean, spacious with a comfortable bed and very pleasant. For the price, as compared to the Mandalay Bay, I'd stay there again.

My advice, based on this experience, is to call the hotel for your reservation. You'll find the operators very easy to talk to and this puts you in the best position to get the best rate and the best service.

Room Tip: Talk to reservations
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have stayed at the Luxor on three separate occasions, most recently this past December. The hotel (and the Strip for that matter) was relatively quiet due to the holiday. I requested a pyramid room for 4 nights, but due to renovations I was moved to one of the tower rooms for the first night and then moved to a pyramid room the next morning (the tower rooms are quite a walk from the lobby/casino/food court area).

The room was decent and covered the basics. The ethernet cord required for internet access can be a bit of a pain because there is only one, but I was traveling alone so it was not a problem. Depending on which floor you're staying, there could be some considerable noise coming from the lobby and casino area. It tends to travel well up the pyramid. This is where maybe the tower rooms look a little more attractive.

I did have a rickety air conditioner that didn't really do much cooling, but it was December and more than tolerable outside to not need to make a dash for the indoors.

The location can be a bit of a turn-off for some; it's at the far south end of the Strip, a long walk from other major hotels. Excalibur and Mandalay Bay can be reached without even going outside, but the Venetian, Treasure Island, and the Mirage may seem like a world away if it's stifling hot or if you're not suited for walking.

Bottom line: for $50 or so per night in the offseason, it's a solid deal. The staff are helpful, the casino is enjoyable and there are always a couple of decent shows happening. I might try out a different place next time for the sake of experimentation, but Luxor is just fine.

Room Tip: Try to get on a high floor in the pyramid to avoid noise coming from lobby and casino. Otherwise, th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

For a $20 resort fee extra per night,this should include wi-fi. We were very disappointed about that, but not about the hotel itself. The pyramid suites were excellent. From check-in to check-out, everything went smoothly(thank you Elaine). The food court not so good; go next door to the Excalibur, but I will recommend the buffet. The hotel is on the south end of the strip near the airport so bring your walking shoes! Our stay was last month for 2 nights and would like to stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ebonycowgirl
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 August 2014

i would totally recommend the Luxor to my friends and family! my stay there was comfortable and pleasing. The Luxor has plenty of good shows for the family too see. i could almost stay at the Luxor the whole time and have something different to do every night. Good shows, food, gambling, etc...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lupe6920011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Luxor many times, but on this trip it is more obvious than ever that they don't vacuum. I did the French fry test, when I got there I noticed a French fry in the hallway. I arrived on a Friday and that little guy was still there Tuesday. I figured maybe the Luxor's vacuuming team was not cutting it or the performance of their equipment is poor.

While my room in the West Tower was spacious, this hotel is looking worn and outdated. With a little renovation, this hotel could be very nice. Add some color to the walls and some lighting. I will give the Pillow Buyer kudos. Nice pillows! The TV's need to be reset, when you turn it on it blares at a very high volume on the hotel channel. This doesn't subliminally make me want to gamble, go to shows or buy anything. It just pisses me off.

My take is that if you can get an ultra cheap price on this hotel then stay here. If not, the stay elsewhere.

We noticed even the service at T&T was not as good as it has been in the past. That was our goto place after work.

Overall, the Luxor is a middle range hotel. Nothing more and nothing less.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
buffalo,new york
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 7 nights in July with a awesome rate plus a $20 food and beverage credit although I really enjoyed there casino I was disappointed in the overall experience . After deciding on a pyramid room instead of a tower room I wished later I had the tower room. First of all the ice machine stopped working after my second night there and it was the only ice machine on our floor and it never got fixed , after telling housekeeping she said she would take care of it but no biggie as I just took a elevator to a adjacent floor and got my ice there during the remaining days of my trip. I really disliked the internet service as there is no wifi in your rooms but they have a plug in Ethernet cable, why am I paying resort fees if other casinos offer wireless internet and luxor is still in the stone ages.Rooms however were clean but I did notice one day I left the do not disturb sign up and housekeeping knocked anyway, I suppose they figure people forget but if they do it's there fault so leave them be .i left a $5 tip first couple of days and she never replaced the shampoo/ conditioner!
All in all I like the casino but as far as staying there a little dusappointed!

• Stayed July 2014