“Tranquility.......”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #99 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights in October in a studio room, number 2423. which comes with a fully equipped kitchen. The rest of the furnishing is as advertised and have all the trappings of a comfortable home. Having stayed the previous 2 nights in a casino hotel in the Strip where our senses are stretched to the limit, the tranquility offered by this hotel is just what we needed.

It is located next to a Courtyard and behind the Marriott (in fact, on the days that it is opened, we used the back gate of Marriott as a short cut to walk to the Strip). It took us about 20 minutes to walk to Vegas Boulevard. Even though it is safe to walk, which we did 3x during our 4 days stay, the walk back at night can be scary as there isn't much pedestrian traffic on this stretch of the road.; It is less than 10 minutes to the RTC stops (both North and South bound, which is across the road from each other) at the Convention Center; and less than 15 minutes of taxi ride to the airport.

Breakfast is crowded over the weekend but not so on the weekdays but even then they replenished the food as quickly as they could. The spread is pretty good - for the days we were there, we had scramble eggs, fried diced potato, yogurt, bananas, coffee/tea, and toast with butter and cream cheese. There were other items such as waffle, cereals, biscuits, and juice.

We would love to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EKYSeremban_Malaysia
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. I am happy to hear we were able to provide you a tranquil space after a long day on the Las Vegas Strip. We know that the bright lights and larger crowds can lead to sensory overload; our garden setting tends to be the counter balance for a number of our guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

There is a reason to have the privacy sign posted which is to have privacy. On both days, the maids rudely entered our room with the do not disturb sign out and then to my dismay put the do not disturb sign back in the room.

Upon our arrival we registered our pets. When the maid opened the door she could have let our pets out. They may have been lost forever. I tried to talk to the Manager about this and the damage charge that was accessed for our room and she rudely transferred me to the supervisor of the maids and she barely spoke English. I am a platinum Marriott member and thought it would be polite to discuss damages if they felt there were any. The chair at the desk is made out of fake leather that is not durable. There were already tears on the chair and we were made to pay for it. Our pets do not cause damage.

The supervisor then lied and said she tried to contact me via email and by phone and I did not have any missed calls or email.

Marriott, please review the management of this property. The food was not hot, they did not have enough staff on duty to serve the number of guests for breakfast and the whole area was not in disarray and not clean.

We will not be staying here again and I would highly advise against you choosing this poor facility as well!

Oh I forgot to mention, the KING bed is actually smaller than a queen!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ann P
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Las Vegas Convention Center on TripAdvisor. I was dissapointed to read your comments regarding the poor experience you had while our guest. While the hotel did receive a full room and lobby renovation in 2011, we continue to make every effort to improve the condition of the hotel on a daily basis. It is my hope that the information I have personally shared with you in the last few days has resolved your concerens about the service we provide to our guests on a daily basis. If you have any additional comments or concerns please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a hotel that good for family vacation. They have kitchen and the basic for cooking.
It is spacious but kind of out of date. The best of it is smoke free in the premises.
It is very hard to find a hotel that is smoke free in Vegas. So it is suitable for bring the kids here for the vacation. If you are here to attend the exhibition, it is also very near the convention center with walking distance. However the air conditioner is kind of too loud because of the old style, maybe?

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor. There is no elevator for the guest stay in the second floor. If you are b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Malihousa

Thanks very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased to read your comments - we definitely consider ourselves a great alternative to the Strip hotels especially if you are attending a convention at the Las Vegas Convention Center! Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were in town to see a Jimmy Buffett concert and the prices for the strip were crazy! We hit triple sevens with this hotel. It is located across the street from the monorail station and convention center, very convenient mode of transportation, if you are going to be there more than one day , get the multi day pass, well worth the money. Breakfast is included and it's more than just cereal and yogurt. I had Belgian waffles with whipped cream, caramel and Choco chips, sausage, home fries, fresh fruit and coffee. Do go early to the breakfast, things get busy quick. They have a nice outside seating area next to the pool to enjoy your meal. Wifi is free in the room, they have a nice pool with lounge chairs, tables and umbrella's if that's your choice. The room was clean and well appointed. The front desk supervisor was extremely helpful to us as we had certificates from our banks reward program and we didn't follow the correct steps in booking the room, so she had to jump through a few hoops to get everything straightened out. Nice job, it all worked out ! I would recommend this hotel if you want to visit the craziness of the strip yet have a quiet place to lay your head and recharge your body.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KerrieCarr
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your host during your recent visit to Las Vegas. The staff and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I attended a trade show hosted at the Las Vegas convention centre in October of 2013. I had been to Las Vegas many times in the past and had really started to dislike staying at the larger Casino hotels. It would always drive me crazy not to have a coffee maker in my room, have to walk 1\2 mile to check in and to eat, the noise galore and those lengthy line ups for everything. Considering I am usually in Vegas for work, my interest in the "tourism gambling thing" is long gone. I searched the web and found the Residence Inn. What peaked my interest was it situation to the convention centre. ( It is right across the street ) Great, no waiting for a taxi or bus in the morning etc. The residence inn also offered free breakfast, which, by the way, was very good. I booked my room for 5 days and was very happy with my decision. The accommodation units are like little condo's, fully equipped with a kitchen, living room, flat screen TV, nice bathrooms etc. It is also very quiet, has a court yard, pool and plenty of parking spaces. Mind you, this is not a new facility, but it is very clean and functional. Ok, the fridge made a bit too much noise and when my neighbours took a shower in the morning it helped wake me up. These little things did not distract me from enjoying my stay and will absolutely return on my next Vegas visit. The Vegas strip is a 1\2 mile walk away and there are plenty of restaurants near by. ( Also the staff were very nice )

Room Tip: There were all decent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bigbuck

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. We pride ourselves in being able to provide a bit of tranquility for our convention guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to being your host again the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

If you need a place to crash when attending a convention at the Las Vegas Convention Center, this is a very convenient place. There is free breakfast that includes toast/bagels/muffins, eggs, meat (bacon or sausage), french toast or pancakes, make your own waffles, oatmeal, dry cereal, a fruit and yogurt. The rooms have nice kitchenettes and decent bathrooms but the rest of the room feels a bit dated. We stayed on the second floor and the stairs were a bit rickety but our room was quiet. There is a free happy hour with white and red wine, beer on tap and soda from 5:30 - 7:00. They had pulled pork sandwiches and a salad the night we went. Their partner hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott, is right next door. You can get a nice glass of wine and a meal there, or take it to go. It's owned by the same folks as the Residence Inn. The convention center is across the street. Walking to the strip takes about a 20 minutes. The closest "mega" strip hotel is the Wynn/Encore. It was a decent value, if you are on a budget and are only there for a trade show I'd give this place a thumbs up. If you want a real Vegas experience, stay closer to or on the strip.

Room Tip: If you are sharing with a friend or business associate, ask for a room with two actual beds, otherwi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We pride ourselves in providing a tranquil environment to all of the convention guests and hope you were able to get some relaxation time during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you for all allowing us the opportunity to be your host.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great staff and location is fine if you don't care for the constant noise of The Strip. Monorail station is across the street to get to casinos both north and south. Nice pool and whirlpool. Breakfast was fine.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to recognize my team at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. Your feeback is greatly valuable and much appreciated. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.