“Good enough”

Ranked #102 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Perfect location for the convention center, nice little appartments with kitchen.
Place was clean, small swimming pool with small yacussi, airco was little noise.
It takes you about 10 min walk to go to circus circus, sahara, riviera or a little bit longer to the stratosphere.
If you want to go to the south ( newer ) part of the strip you can take the skytrain accross the street from the hotel..
Breakfast is nothing special, but i'm shure you'll find something to eat.
If there is nothing big going on at the convention center than the price is ok, otherwise it can be pretty expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Maria T, Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. My team and I are glad you opted to give us try and were happy with your decision. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We chose the Residence Inn because we were in town for a race--and that's the hotel that was contracted for a special rate. For $90/night (during a March Madness weekend), we got an ok place to stay…

The room was huge and clean, with a full kitchen. 2 closets. 1 sink. The bathtub was all right--at least big enough! The morning breakfast, included with the room, was an enormous buffet. If you like breakfast, you'll be happy with the spread of cereals, breads, meat, eggs, yogurt, fruit, and more.

The free wifi in our room didn't work, so we had to pay $5 for the upgraded version. Thanks to the front desk manager, the fee was waived when she found out the free wifi was down and we had made several calls to the help desk without the issue being resolved.

I wasn't a fan of the small pool--pretty weak by Las Vegas standards.

One plus was the monorail stop directly across from the hotel: for $5 you can ride straight to the Strip. Pretty great.

I didn't love this hotel, but it did the job. Safe, clean, and serviceable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ale3940

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family and I stayed 3/14 - 3/17 in room 322 for a cousin's wedding in town. It was just as advertised, two BR loft suite. At first I didn't see the main level bed but it pulls out from the wall. It was very comfy for me and my 4-year old. No casino, but peaceful, pool, grill area and jacuzzi.

As noted by others, the upstairs loft room is open lending to no privacy but still charming. We had a full kitchen with utensils provided like standard RI properties. If we had bought groceries we would have been in great shape to avoid the high prices on the Strip! Instead the comp breakfast hit the spot. On weekends its busy serving until 9:30 AM, the weekdays serving until 9:00 AM which were equally busy. It's most likely due to the LVCC directly across the street. I spied lots of nametags on Monday morning.

I'd recommend for those looking to save some money, however want to have access to the Strip conveniently. We took the LV Monorail up to MGM and then walked through NY, NY to catch the free Tram to Mandalay Bay. I'd probably rent a car next time if I'll be shopping at the outlets, visiting relatives, site seeing and to give my feet a break! Free parking too.

Bonus: They have an ATM that charges a flat $3.95 fee no matter what you amount you withdraw. Remember in case you need cash - ATMs in the casinos are a RACKET.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AzizMom

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was a little bummed at first when my husband picked the Residence Inn for our stay in Las Vegas but after my stay I was very pleased. I usually stay at one of the fancy places on the strip so this was very different. The first thing that stood out was how much more quiet it was and it was nice not hearing all that loud traffic and loud drunk people. The furnishings weren't as pretty as the Cosmopolitan but the were much cleaner and I wasn't afraid to sit on the furniture like I was at another place I stayed. I didn't take part in the complimentary dinner offering of Swedish Meatballs, Rice, Salad, Peanuts and Fresh Baked Cookies that they offered on Thursday Night but I did take part in the Complimentary Breakfast and it was good and saved us some dining money in Vegas.
The bed was comfortable. The shower was easy to work and didn't run out of hot water. Plenty of close and easy parking. The only minor downsides I can think of was the air system was a little loud and the dishwasher leaves the glasses tasting like soap so you have to really rinse out your glasses well to use them and I noticed the free Wifi is slow so it's better to have your own wifi. I didn't bring my dogs with me but I saw they accept dogs.
We also saved a lot of money on taxi rides because of the monorail across the street.

Check out was easy and quick. I'd return it was a good stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheSaltyPepper

Maria Toigo

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I rated this very good because of the value for the price. location: this location was not bad. It was pretty close to the strip but not right in the heart of it (which I preferred). The service was very friendly and prompt. The quality of the room was fine and it even looked like it had been updated recently. There is plenty of parking. The free breakfast was fine – standard for residence inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Residence Inn by Marriott - Las Vegas Convention Center

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just returned from a 6000 mi road trip & spent 5 nights in Vegas. Inadvertently left a hanging bag in room with $1600 worth of clothing. Called within hrs. The bag was in the room when we left..staff absolutely denied finding it. The door was locked when we left and there was no one other than Marriott Residence Inn staff who could have entered and found the bag. Despite numerous calls, Marriott claims there staff "did not see the bag".

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank GeorgiGS

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center. The Residence Inn team and I are sorry that we have been unable to resolve the challenge you incurred after checking out of the hotel. My team and I followed all of our standard procedures and completed a thorough investigation once notified of your loss. Unfortunately after the hotels investigation and Marriott International's claims office investigation we have been unable to determine or locate the bag you are missing. If I may be of further assistance in the future please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn during CES this year. It was as close to the convention center as possible. Could not get closer. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a coworker. Beware that the 2nd bedroom is an upstairs loft, which is not totally private. No door, half walls, etc. Wasn't a problem for me, but might be for some. Separate bathroom up there. The main bedroom is larger with a double door and private bathroom. The kitchen is great. Living room is good too. The fireplace is a nice touch. They sell duraflame logs in the hotel shop. It is a good place to stay near the LVCC. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank BradWorld
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott during your recent visit to Las Vegas. We are proud to be the most convenient location to the Las Vegas Convention Center, especially during the extra-large annual events that require a lot of walking on the convention center floor since our location allows for a quick getaway during the day. I hope you were able to take advantage of this great benefit. We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in 2014 or for CES 2015.