“Quiet spot away from the Strip”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #111 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Flossmoor, Illinois
“Quiet spot away from the Strip”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here for a conference and booked well in advance, as I wanted to have a kitchen. This is a typical Residence Inn; a big room with space to spread out and a serviceable kitchen. The decor was a little tired, but not dingy. It's an easy walk (if hot) to the convention center and the monorail, which was perfect for me. I could walk back for lunch and avoid the lines and prices at the convention center food court. But a car is essential, so be aware if you are here for a conference. There aren't restaurants or grocery stores in walking distance, although you can pay to get your fridge stocked by the hotel staff. I had planned on a renting a car, as a trip to Nevada meant a visit to In-n-Out Burger, which is either a drive or a cab ride from the hotel. I visited a few grocery stores and the Vons at Twain & Maryland was probably the best in the area, although it's probably worth driving farther to visit a Sprouts, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

The breakfast is pretty standard, but I mostly ate in my room. I did not use the pool, so I can't comment on others' complaints.

The monorail is overpriced, but it's worth it. I rode a conference bus to the Strip once, and it took forever due to the traffic. Buy a day pass and check Groupon, etc. for deals

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BrewingRover
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear BrewingRover,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the information you provided future travelers coming to Las Vegas. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and you were able to utilize the full size kitchens in each of our suites. Our proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center and the Monorail do make the hotel a convenient place to stay if coming in for a convention or meeting. We hope to see you again in the near future if not for business, maybe just to come out and get one of those great hamburgers from In N Out.

Casey Grieme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Older hotel, but clean. Nothing spectacular. Excellent desk staff. Their in-room wireless could be stronger, it kept dropping out where we were. The breakfast was good, a decent variety of food.
The pool could use a bit more skimming, but the water was clean.
Since we were out and about all day, we weren't looking for a lot more.
The fold-out sofa was uncomfortable, they could stand an upgrade on those.
not the place to stay if you want the whole "Las Vegas experience", but for a basic place to stay while exploring the city, it was decent, close to the strip, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank RandyJY
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear RandyJY,

Thank you so much for spending some time with us. We greatly appreciate your patronage while visiting the "City of Lights!" I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay aside from the items you provided feedback on. We are currently working with our internet provider to see where improvements can be made for optimal performance. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and two kids (21 months and 6 months) stayed here over the weekend (8/8/14-8/10/14). My husband, who is a pilot, had a trip so me and the kids decided to drive from San Diego to meet him. My husband has stayed here in the past and figured it would be a good place to stay with the kids since we would have a full kitchen. Plus we LOVE Marriotts (lifetime Platinum).We booked the 2 bedroom bi-level loft. My husband stayed in one in Kansas City. When we arrived we were very disappointed that the "2 rooms" were actually a Queen size bed in the loft and a sofa bed. Other Residence Inns that we stayed in have a King size bed in the downstairs room and a queen size bed in the loft. The springs on the mattress on the sofa bed were so bad we had to layer towels to keep the springs from poking us. I wish we would have done alittle more research prior to booking. There are no ice machines at this property (as far as we know). You had to use the refridgerator ice makers. Don't mind doing that, but we didn't get much ice. All night we were woken up by the water filling the ice tray and the cubes dropping. For the noise it made you would have thought we would have plenty of ice. The last thing was the pool - yuck! There was tons of hair and debris floating on top and more on the bottom. There was even a baby lizard floating : ( I would guess the pool hadn't been cleaned for weeks. For the size of the property it should be serviced every morning. On a bright note the front desk staff was fabulous. They were extremely helpful on what we could do with kids. I think the next time we will stay at the Marriott Grand Chateau. Worth the extra cost.

Room Tip: Ask when booking the 2 room bi-level loft if one of the beds is a pull out.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DCCR336
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear DCCR336,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the feedback you provided. I am really sorry about your experience with us and would like to take some corrective actions in regards to the sofa bed and ice makers. We are currently reviewing our pool cleaning schedules and making the necessary adjustments to prevent this from happening moving forward. If you have a moment, can you contact me via phone or e-mail. My contact information is below.

(702) 352-2450
casey.grieme@marriott.com
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn Convention Center from July 31st - August 6th. We had a studio type room. This room had a Queen bed, Queen pull out sofa, comfy chair, coffee table, LED TV, full kitchen, desk. two bi-fold closets and full bathroom. There was plenty of room. The room was really clean and in great condition. There was a courtyard with a full size grill and a separate area with picnic tables for dining. There is free Wi-Fi available. Also, for an additional charge you can get hi-speed Wi-Fi as well.
This location serves a breakfast buffet daily with a lot of rotating choices daily. There is also a cocktail hour a few days a week - check the property website or the schedule on your fridge. Food was fresh, hot and delicious.
The pool was cleaned every day and was not too busy.
This location is so convenient to the Convention Center (across the street) and is about a 7 minute walk to the building. The monorail is about a 4 minute walk.
We had a wonderful visit. The entire staff at the Residence Inn was so helpful the entire visit.
If we come back for a convention - we will definitely stay there!!

Room Tip: Buildings 1, 2, 3 and 4 are close to the pool and breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PatriceRink
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear PatriceRink,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our amenities and our proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center. We look forward to hosting you again the next time your travels bring you to Las Vegas.

New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am a Marriott Gold member and am a big fan of the Residence Inn chain but the Residence Inn at the Las Vegas Convention Center is a disappointment and not at all up to their standards.
I've stayed there twice in the past week and both times I had to change rooms because the first room they gave me reeked of smoke (the second room, both times, was musty and also smelled of smoke). There is only one chair in the kitchen, the rooms are not well cleaned, the bed is uncomfortable, and the A/C is loud and inconsistent. The breakfast is more limited than what you usually find at a Residence Inn (they ran out of bagels by 8:00 Sunday morning). Really just run down and poorly managed. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check your room first to make sure it doesn't stink from smoke.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank billsays
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Billsays,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent stays with us. The experience you had is not one we would want any of our guests to have. I would like to find out a little more about your stay so that I can take some corrective measures. When you have a moment, can you give me a call or send me an e-mail. My contact information is below.

(702) 352-2450
casey.grieme@marriott.com
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks as we had to be at the Convention Centre most days, and it was a quick ride on the monorail ( walkable, but not in that heat!). We were so pleased with this decision, as we had Wi-Fi and breakfast included, and also peace, quiet and respite from those slot machines. The room was great - and cleaned every day. Any issues were dealt with immediately, and the service was truly excellent - especially the front desk staff who were extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne S
Maria T, Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Anne,

Was happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, or the "Tranquility" as you so elegantly put. Our hotel does provide great escape from much of the Vegas madness, yet, still close enough for you to get out and experience it if you like. We hope to have you back again soon!
NYC
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

If you've stayed in a Residence Inn anywhere you know the setup. All suites with breakfast (and sometimes happy hour) included.

This location is very convenient to the Las Vegas strip yet offers a sea of tranquility from all the craziness. As I was here on business, it was a perfect choice. Room was clean and neat. Completely satisfied with everything. Would have been 5 stars except that this location does not offer a appetizers in the evening.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian C
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Brian C,

I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, or the "Sea of Tranquility" as you so elegantly put. Our hotel does provide great escape from much of the Vegas madness, yet, still close enough for you to get out and experience it if you like. I saw that you did not get to partake in one of our Social Receptions; we do offer these on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and every other Thursday. These offer a light meal along with complimentary beer, wine, and soda.
We hope to have you back again soon!