Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #103 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 February 2010

If you want to stay off strip this is nice. very nice room. quiet area, near the aerial tram

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 January 2010

there is one nice thing i have to say about the residence inn they have a good front desk staff. I am outraged with the way i have been treated at this location i advise anyone who is thinking of staying here to either go to the courtyard which is next door they share the same front lot its that close! or... anywhere else! we stayed for 1 week the first 2 nights were good the front desk asked everytime how our stay was remembered our faces it was great until we came home one night and saw that our luggage was gone through half of our leftover pizza was gone as well as some beef jerkey and who knows what else happned when we were gone. we put in a complaint with the fount desk that evening and recieved the answer "i'll tell the manager in the morning" i was upset so the next morning rolled around and i talked with the house keeping manager and she told me "well we give the staff a free lunch so there is no reason why they would do such a thing" 3 days later we have not heard back from them... not a single word. i have called customer service on this issue nothing has been done as of yet so im writting here to save everyone some heart ache and to leave you with the very simple conclusion... if you want to stay in a hotel that is dirty, steals from your room and doesnt do anything about it... please by all means stay here... but at your own risk!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
draolv, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2010

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Convention Center during your visit to Las Vegas. First, I would like to offer my sincere apologize for the lack of service and follow up you received after voicing your concern to one of the hotels managers. I also would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention; without honest feedback from guests such as yourself we would have no way of knowing where we need to improve.

As of March 1, 2010 I am the new General Manager of the hotel and I was very disappointed to read your comments and want to ensure you the issues you experienced have been addressed with my team and the correct actions made to prevent these issues from reoccurring. Specifically, I have met with all of the hotels associates and have shared with them my vision and plan to ensure all guests are welcomed and serviced to the best of our ability. We will pride ourselves on ensuring all of our guests' needs are met consistently and passionately. We know you have many options to choose from for your lodging needs and the one area we can make the biggest impact on that decision is in providing excellent service everyday. We are also happy to announce the hotel will be receiving an upgrade latter this year that will enhance our rooms and lobby.

As a part of the Marriott family I cannot express to you how important our guests' complete satisfaction is. Problems and challenges will happen occasionally no matter how well we prepare. What we can and SHOULD do in the event of these problems is insure we respond in a manner that reflects the proper sense of urgency and concern for our guests comfort and satisfaction.

It is my hope that should you find yourself traveling to the Las Vegas area again that you might consider staying with the Residence Inn by Marriott Convention Center.

Reviewed 28 December 2009

I stayed at this place with my family for two nights 12/24 ~ 12/26/09. My main issue with the place: it is dirty! The carpet looks dirty and worn out. I found hairs on the sheet and the blanket. The towels smell bad. I am a loyal Marriott member and normally stay with Marriott property at least 20 nights per year. This property is probably the worst I have ever seen. I understrand some places may be old or outdated, but I cannot tolerate dirty places.

I have other issues with this property. The pullout sofa bed is very soft and uncomfortable. Breakfast runs low on food. On my second day there were no yogurt or bagel.

The only plus side is the staff. They are very friendly and nice.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2009

there isn't anything REALLY wrong with this hotel, but then again, there is nothing to get enthusiastic about either. this is the second time i have stayed there, and this stay only confirmed my opinion from the first time (last year)
the breakfast is adequate, but they do not replenish it as much as they should. we ate around 8 am and found that the fruits, eggs, etc. were low and were in need of refilling.

the computer near the front desk was not working very well - it took one lady over 20 minutes to just print out her 3 emails. don't know what the deal was with that!

the studio bed was VERY soft - and tho it was a queen, my husband and i kept rolling in toward each other. made the bed seem smaller than a queen.

the kitchen was clean, but it lacked dish soap, so we left our dirty dishes in the sink. we would have cleaned them if there was dish soap.

the sofa was on the old side and lumpy. luckily we didn't have to sit on it too long. the air conditioning worked just fine tho. the one down side that did bother us is that the walls are so thin that when someone put on the shower or flushed the toilet, you could really hear it. we kept the air conditioning on so that it would mask some of the noise.

the front desk was very courteous, and that's to be appreciated. the big draw to the place is that it is across the street from the convention center. however, if you will pay a few bucks more, go to the marriott renaissance which is right NEXT TO the convention center. it is much nicer, tho i don't think that it comes with a free breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2009

This is a great location for business at the convention center and it is nice to be off the strip. Other than that, Las Vegas and Marriott have better options to choose from than this location. Great if you have children and don't mind children everywhere but for a single traveler, this is a pass. The breakfast area is very crowded and the food is not kept up very well. Stayed in a 1 bedroom and I was a bit disappointed because I have stayed at other Residence Inns. The bed is very uncomfortable and the property can be a bit noisy. Spend a bit more cash and find something nicer in Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank GrlTrvlr
Reviewed 22 February 2009

My husband and I have not been to vegas for a while (i'm talking about several years) and I thought of surprising him by booking a getaway to vegas for our valentines. This hotel is a perfect place to stay and I'll tell you why...my husband and I got sick by the time we got to vegas.( I know ..really suckkedd esp when it was a valentine's weekend) He came down with severe cold and flu and so did I. On our first night, we checked in at 9pm and the front desk guy was a very nice man. We were having small talk and in that talk we asked for the nearest walgreens and also some good restaurants for delivery. Not only he gave us the directions to the store, he also recommend this good & cheap chinese rest. The next morning I called up the front desk and asked if I could take the breakfast back to my room since my husband wasn't feeling too well...and the guy said it was fine..I have been to plenty of hotels and sometimes they have problems bringing meals back to your room but not this place. After feeling ok after a day or so, we decided to go out to the strip... We had the same guy who helped us check in, get us a cab..to my husband any my surprise, he remembered us being sick and asked how we were feeling and if everything was ok..I was simply amazed..In a busy city like vegas...who remembers who but not this guy..This is my main reason to go back and stay here again.. Few other things:
Nice location: You get ur privacy..and still feel like ur in vegas
Friendly staff: We asked to extra blankets & towels and immediately got them. Front desk ee's was so pleasant!
Room: Nice , big studio room. They has kitchen so you can make your own coffee,tea and even warm up your dinner..fridge and dish washer
Parkng: FREE!!!
Overall: LOVED IT!!!! We are very simple,easy going and very private couple and this place was beyond my expectation..We will definitely stay here again in future.. BIG THANKS TO JUSTIN (Front desk guy :)

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Soniya80
Reviewed 29 January 2009

The mother in law was in nearby Sunrise Hospital so we stayed here. We stay at a lot of Resi Inns and the staff at this one went way out of their way to be friendly and make us feel comfortable. Room was big and clean although it had a well-used feel to it. The down-stairs room had a suprisingly comfortable murphy bed.
We will definately stay again.

Stayed: January 2009