“Great location, basic”

Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #150 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Great location, basic”
Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is cheap and in a great location just behind the strip, takes 5 minutes to get to ballys. Rooms are basic and corridors small of weed. But would stay again, restaurnet over road good and open 24 hours

• Stayed November 2012
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding our property. We here at Super 8 try to ensure that each and every guest is treated like family. We try to offer the best customer service near the strip at low, affordable prices in a warm and safe environment to hopefully instill in our guests a desire to stay with us again. I'm glad that we succeeded with you. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Convenient location, plus connected to EllisIsland Restaurant / Casino that has the best micro-brewery in LV and award winning BBQ and Pizza!

Good slots, seem fair payouts, not "tight". Old facility but good parking, comfortable beds.

The restaurant is where the LV casino workers eat, what more can I say - good food at reasonable prices!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank 80ArthurS
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our property. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were extremely pleased with the adjacent casino/brewery. I hope that you enjoyed your stay enough to come back and see us again soon. If you have any questions or would like to book with us again, feel free to contact me at 702-799-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

THOROLD
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This hotel should be torn down. The windows and doors are paper thin, and unfortunately I had a room on the 2nd floor on the same side as the Ellis Island Casino entrance. I am normally a very sound sleeper and I do realize this is Las Vegas, however, there were people screaming, engines running, car doors slamming, car alarms and other various noises all night/morning long - louder than loud. The hallway noise was not much better. I did not sleep for 3 nights until I finally requested to switch rooms to the other end of the hotel. This room was quiet, but disgusting. Stains on the upholstered chairs, window screen was torn and the heat nor the a/c unit worked. I could not WAIT to check out!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay was less than Super. I understand that you experienced noise issues during your stay and I would like to apologize that this occurred. We here at Super 8 employ 24 hour security and they are tasked with keeping the noise level down past a certain time of night. However, they cannot be everywhere at once and the hotel is rather large so it is difficult for them to police all corridors simultaneously. If you ever have a noise complaint at any hotel you stay at in Las Vegas, you need only contact the front desk at any hour of night and they will respond to the noise complaint immediately. We value our guests comfort and peace of mind and I'm very sorry and dismayed that this happened. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I stayed there for one night, and we did not expect this to be a four or three or even a two star hotel, so our expectations were not that high. The room was about the size we expected it to be, which was fine, especially when we are only in the room to sleep and shower. However, when you are in a hotel room, and are afraid of taking your socks off because the carpet is so filthy, it makes your stay very unpleasant. I am not a picky person either. The carpet in the room was horribly dirty, and I can't understand why they would not spend the time to steam clean. In future trips I can honestly say that if we are unable to find a room on the strip, I would much rather prefer staying somewhere else and have to drive to the strip rather than walk. We will not stay there again.....that is until we hear they got some pride in the property and started taking better care of the place.

Room Tip: Unlike other hotels in Vegas, you are NOT allowed to check in before 3PM even if room is available.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
James C, Guest Relations Manager at Ellis Island Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
I'm very sorry to hear that you were displeased with your room. We here at Super 8 pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel. If there is ever any issue with your room, you should notify our staff and they will be more than happy rectify the issue immediately or move you to a room that is more to your liking.
Howver, I can assure you that our carpets are shampooed regularly and the carpets in the rooms are all fairly new seeing as we recently underwent a hotel-wide renovation which included replacing all the carpets in the rooms and hallways. So I am a bit surprised to hear that the carpet in your room was as dirty as you describe. But, I do apologize and I am dismayed to hear that you will not offer us another opportunity to serve you in the future. I hope that you reconsider and that you allow us to show you that we do "take pride" in our property and that the Super 8 can be a great place to stay while in Las Vegas.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at 702-794-0888 or rstrickland@super8vegas.com.

Regards,