“Very good show!!”

Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good show!!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

You read some bad reviews on the show but we just got back from one here in N.C and it was worth it. It is a mini version of the real show but Todd really makes it entertaining. He interacts very well with the crowd and the contestants. Take it for what it is and dont make such a fuss over thinking it is the real show. The crowd really gets into screaming out the prizes and the contestants enjoyed the experience of being chosen.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Greg D

Duluth, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AmAzInG ShOw!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Today I went to The Price Is Right live at the Duluth Convention Center, hosted by Jerry Springer. Now I was a little worried about going, I had read the reviews and some of them were horrifying. I was really afraid I was going to be disappointed and upset that I spent so much money... but the BAD REVIEWS WERE WRONG! I thought that this show was an absolute blast. Jerry was great, the announcer was fantastic, and the atmosphere was amazing!

My friend and I got in line at 3:30, registered right after 4:30, and then hung out until the doors opened at 6:30. When we sat down we were entertained by Price Is Right History, Clips, Trivia, and Audience Play Along games. The crowd was having a ton of fun with this! While the show started late, our hearts were pumping. Once the theme music played and the curtains opened, our faces lit up and we were screaming with the crowd. The set was beautiful and really felt like we were watching the show. Their were the sliding doors, prizes revealed, and fun was being had!

The games were awesome too! The pricing games played were Cliff Hangers, Hole in One, Punch-a-Bunch, Plinko, and Any Number. Along with this their were two showcase showdowns and then the showcase played Ten Chances style. Sure the prizes weren't as glamorous as the actual show, but it was an absolute blast watching people play the games. We also saw people win close to $1,000, someone one a trip to Vegas, and another person one a flat screen t.v, netflix subscription, and surround sound system.

My friend and I paid the 62$ for seats closer to the front, and even though neither of us got called up to play we had an absolute blast! If your in it for the prizes you might not have a good time, but if your in it because you love the Price Is Right and want to watch some of your favorite games then you will have fun. Totally worth it. My face still hurts from non-stop smiling for three hours.

6 Thank Jake S
Syracuse, New York, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bummer,Scam and Rip Off”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I'd gotten tickets before I looked at the reviews,so I some what new what to expect.Jerry Springer was the host of the show which was alright with me. I like Jerry. I know that this isn't the real game show but they could have did a better job. The prizes total maybe !,000 dollar. We had to wait 1 hour and a half in line before show,another hour for show to start. This sucked.The show case show down was a joke. They gave the 2 people in the show case a total of 5 items, to price the one that come the closest wins,Well that was the scam.They had to price a car,the newest play station,50inLCD TV,slot machine,trip to virgin island.My guess for the total of prizes was somewhere around 21,000 thousand dollars. One person bid 31,000.00 the other bid 24,000.00. When he said the total was 14,000.00 dollar, I said o my god what a rip off, he know it was more the that. So both went over the bid and nobody won. Now even Stevie Wonder could have seen that one. By the way it was held at the Turningstone Casino in Verona,NY

3 Thank Diane T
Ilion, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Live show is a cheap semi-version of real thing.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I just went to the Verona, NY show and I was so disappointed. After my sisters and I spent $45 a piece on tickets, not to mention gas, food and road tolls we arrive three hours early and wait in line to register and I find out on the official rules that you don't need a ticket to be a contestant. WTF??? The experience was fun to be in the audience and to see Jerry Springer but don't plan on winning anything. The game show had a small amount of prizes that were LoW value and the showcase was a HOAX. Five prizes were shown but you only won the lowest prize for being the winner, Then if you were within $1,000 you won two of the prizes. You had to get the price correct within $100 to win all prizes and the showcase only had a value of $14,000. The rest of the prizes were in the hundreds of dollars range.

The casino actually donated more prizes and gift cards during the show than the price is right. For a nationally acclaimed show, the live show is a cheap, unfair comparision. The only fun that was had was spending time with my sisters yelling during the pricing games and seeing Jerry Springer.

I guess it really is a buyer beware world.

5 Thank Sarah K
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointed Show:( Oregon”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Portland Oregon_ After spending almost $100 for two tickets, hours in line this lame road show was nothing like you would expect. The information given to the public was not consistent and the prizes you bid on are cheap and things you've never seen before. aka, a electric potato peeler... really!! The lay out is nothing like the real game and the prizes are a couple hundred dollars, nothing like the several thousands you would see on TV.

After many videos tours from the past shows and announcers screaming at you and trying to be funny one guy won a $1,200 trip to Vegas.A few other smaller give a ways, and a chance to spin the big wheel at $20 a spin for those crazy enough to pay that.. I've been a follower for many years, but I would not go back to the road show.

Visited September 2013