“Wow an incredible four days !”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow an incredible four days !”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Just returned from a long weekend at Encore in Las Vegas and all I can say is it was a wonderful trip. Weather was perfect 81 degrees. Check in was not bad since we arrive at 1:00 p.m.. got our room within a few minutes, but had to settle for a view of the downtown area. Not bad but would have preffered a strip view. We went on the Wynn Ultimate Package, expensive, but worth every dime. Needed the room because we booked massages for two at 2:30 P.M. and wanted to unpack before we left if we waited we could have had a strip view. Dinner was at Bartollota, Botera and Sinatra all were great! Saw La Reve (this was our third time) but it was great. Spent a day in a cabana at the pool and golfed their amazing golf course. My Wife and I had a wonderful time and are looking forward to returning again.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank npc2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,848)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The Encore is a beautiful property. However, as we toured the Wynn, we preferred its decor and overall atmosphere.

The rooms were gorgeous - we upgraded to a north facing room on the 58th floor and didn't hear any sound from the XS nightclub. The hotel is at the north end of the strip but we managed to walk the strip comfortably to and from the area around the Paris Hotel. After the first two days, we took taxis to further destinations on the strip to save our feet.

We have come to expect certain standards in Canadian hotels - in-room coffee machines, refrigerators, and computer rooms to check email and check-in for flights home. There were no coffee machines, only a refrigerator stocked with items to buy, and only a few internet kiosks in shopping areas that charged $ 20/hour for use.

As for customer service, we found the concierge staff rather condescending. They provided the information we requested on local travel and attractions but were not very friendly at all. On the other hand, the cleaning staff greeted us warmly each time we saw them in the hallways. Staff at the front desk were courteous and asked about a room upgrade; however, we are still not clear about the resort fee and the amenities it was supposed to provide like in-room internet.

While there are taxi queues at every hotel, visitors need to beware of the best ways to get to their destinations from the Encore. Both to and from the Encore, the taxi drivers did not use the most direct routes - one took the highway, and another claimed to have missed the exit to terminal 2, costing us $ 20 - 25 for each trip - more than internet guides suggest.

The Encore is a hot spot for young people. Its nightclub is listed # 1 on some top 10 lists. And the beach club is dedicated to the young party-goers. The pool area for families and mature travellers is beautifully situated and the private cabanas look great for those who enjoy full days poolside.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms facing north are quieter
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ontothenext
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Large Suite with excellent views,comfortable bed,large bathroom with tub and shower.
Service was uniformly excellent.
Spa/exercise room with plenty of equipment and wellstocked with water,apples.
Buffet was extensive with excellent produce.
Restaurants were uniformly excellent.
Le Reve show was superb.
5 Star all the way.

1 Thank avnv
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My friend and I stayed at Encore over the Easter weekend. We stayed In a resort king suite which was beautiful. Our room faced the north side which means there was absolutely no noise from XS nightclub. The room itself was very modern, comfortable and well maintained.
We really enjoyed going to the pool everyday and we heartily recommend the European pool if you want a tranquil experience.
This is truly a five star resort. Last time I stayed at Palazzo but Encore is much better. I strongly recommend it.

1 Thank louismfried
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I love this hotel. The rooms are perfectly clean, the beds are sooo comfortable and the service from everyone is amazing. From the agents are check-in to all the dealers at the table you are treated like you belong no matter what. I also love that it is a smaller casino and is never that busy so you can always find a table to play at and enjoy yourself unlike other casinos where you are walking around forever looking for a place to gamble.

I have only eaten at SW over at the Wynn and it is my favorite steakhouse in Vegas.

It is either the Wynn or the Encore anytime I am in Vegas.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We were here on a business/leisure trip. At check in, we upgraded our room the the largest suite for an additional $300 per night on top of the initial room rate. The room was very spacious and clean, but they really miss on the amenities. They represented that this room usually rented for $1,250.00 per night. It is in the Tower Suites. I noticed there was a hospitality suite with coffee, etc. I called to ask if we could use this and was told we could. Upon entering, we were told we could not, it was only for "invited guests" with a star on their room key. I am not sure who, if not people renting the largest room this hospitality is for. There is no in-room coffee, and you must get downstairs by 8:30am in order to use the benefit of your ONE cup of coffee. No extras, no refills. I inquired if we could have a coffee maker brought up and was told "no". I later saw a coffee maker on the maid cart for another room. We were supposed to get two daily papers, the first day I had to go downstairs and request the paper, after that we did get one. Their employees seem to not be very well informed regarding what their hotel does or does not provide. They are not very service oriented. We were supposed to get "priority seating" for restaurants, buffets, etc., but again, you needed the star on your key, which ours did not have. There are NO real additional amenities worth noticing, unless you drove your own car and I think you get special parking privileges. I am not sure what event was going on Wednesday night, but as others have mentioned the nightclub noise goes until 4am. I asked about relocating rooms to the other side of the hotel but was told none were available. I had trouble believing this as it was Easter week and many employees were commenting that occupancy was down.

Perhaps the room we upgraded to was for repeat guests or those who have a membership of sorts. I felt like we were treated like the stepchild.

We stayed at the Trump Waikiki in March, and it FAR exceeded our experience at the Encore/Wynn. I think next trip to Las Vegas, we will visit the Trump. Staff here is not friendly. At Trump, it was outstanding.

Room Tip: Opposite side from nightclub for any sleep
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank OregonVisitor50
New York, NY
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I had previously stayed at the Venetian, the Bellagio and the Palazzo, which was my previous favorite. The Encore blows all three away. The attention to detail, cleanliness and rooms are unmatched. First off, check-in and check-out were totally painless and quick. Our room was on a low floor and had probably one of the less desirable views (North to the riviera and hilton) and was still amazing. The rooms with a single king bed I liked much more than the two-beds rooms. the king room had a nice divider that created two rooms and just a more homey feel to them. Bathrooms are standard luxury vegas, although the shower was much nicer than the Venetian/Palazzo's with a seat and hand-held shower head. There is also no shortage of mirrors in the room, with one whole wall of the room entirely mirrors, and three full-length paneled mirrors across from bathroom. All very good when you are trying to get ready to go out.

As for the hotel itself, we had coffee from the lobby bar directly at the entrance to the elevators (very convenient) each morning. They have also have good tapas type food for the middle of the day. Used the pool each day, the European pool which is nicer and has BJ tables, a nice bar with TVs and topless women( I counted 3). We got a cabana there which was beautiful, but definitely not necessary. It also gets shade much sooner than the main pool. The main pool had more kids, but for tanning is definitely the better spot. Lastly, for meals, ate only at Society Cafe (also hit up Lakeside Grill at the Wynn, which was excellent), which we did each morning. Food is very good, service was hit or miss each day, our one waitress thought it was amusing when she forgot to bring us things, but its a good place to start the day.

The casino is small, never crowded and fairly smoke free. It also has huge floor to ceiling windows which look out at the pool. A nice touch I havent seen anywhere else. The comps process was relatively painless and the pit bosses were tremendously friendly and excited to see us each day. Drink service was standard, but I never found myself looking for a waitress, which to me is excellent service.

I will say that the one gripe is the location of the hotel. Its at one end of the strip, and it is a hike to get to the main part of the strip. Having been to Vegas many times, that didnt bother me and when I was at the Bellagio one night I realized just how choked with people the main strip places are, but by the end of the trip I was so over the walk between the Encore and Wynn...You pretty much have to walk through the Wynn to get anywhere.

The European pool turns into XS at night, which if you can handle it, is an amazing club. We got a table which worked out well, but I think you can probably get in decently fast by staying at the hotel, and even if you are not into nightclubs, its worth a visit. Its so vast, that you can hang away from crowds, hit the dance floor or even gamble, with relative ease.

Also got a cabana at Encore Beach, which if you are into pool parties is a MUST. So much better than any other I have been to, and while packed, the pool never gets gross (see Rehab/Tao Beach). If you have a big group(it holds 12, although the girls next to us had 18), the cabana is amazing and even looks out on the strip and the service was perfection.

I will be returning to the Encore in a few months for a wedding. Cannot wait...

3 Thank CJFromNYC