“Encore is a step above all others”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Friendly & professional staff ~ mix of both business and vacation travelers ~ Great onsite restaurants & gaming facilities. Clean, attractive facility that offers something for everyone
( nightclubs, shopping, pool scene, etc). I always stay at the Encore !!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The staff was beyond friendly, the hotel was awesome and extremely up to date!!! And if they ask if you would like to spend a bit extra for a strip view say YES!!!! For like $15 or $30 extra a night it will make all the difference!!!! All and all one word DOPE!!!

Room Tip: Just the same tip from above the little bit extra $ for the view of the strip!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A must stay when visiting Vegas. Will not be disappointed. FRIENDLY, FUN, and FABULOUS. the 3 F . Also for a special occasion or just for a wonderful meal with great atmosphere setting you must have dinner at The Sinatra Room. Defiantly a contribute to OLE BLUE EYES he would be proud.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank njjennienjjennie
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was my fourth stay at Encore and I highly recommend it. Even the standard rooms/suites are fantastic and need no upgrading. Huge bathrooms and great stylish furniture...the prettiest most upgraded common areas around. Landscaping around the pool and public areas is over the top beautiful and luxurious.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2013

To be honest, I only stayed in Las Vegas because I was in the Grand Canyon area and so Las Vegas airport was convenient for connecting flights.

The hotel part itself (i.e. the rooms, the reception, the concierge ....for avoidance of doubt here, when talking about the "hotel part", I don't consider the casino or shops to be part of the hotel) are great.... and it is a great shame its attached to a ghastly casino, fake shopping mall and located in the dump that is Las Vegas .... because if the hotel part was anywhere else in the world I would have no hesitation coming back to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John1450
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I booked a 3 night stay "by their invitation" through Red Card casino marketing . I also spoke with the booking folks twice on the phone prior to arrival and specifically requested a booking confirmation by email. Upon arrival, I called and spoke with 2 separate individuals in hotel reception to ask directions for parking at the hotel when I drove up from the airport. So this is now 4 people total in 2 individual departments of this hotel/casino along with a written booking confirmation. Where am I going with this? Do you think that out of 5 separate communications, that anyone could inform me that the LAS VEGAS MARATHON was going on later that day, that the main streets were closed to vehicle traffic, and that I COULD NOT GET TO THE HOTEL BY CAR! Seems pretty important to me, especially considering the fact if you want me to actually stay at the hotel and gamble on your gaming floor, the most important thing is to PHYSICALLY BE ABLE TO GET THERE!.
Needless to say, I drove around the back streets west of the main drag trying to get to my destination, having no idea that this was turning into an exercise in futility because I COULDN'T GET TO THE HOTEL. I eventually stopped and asked some police officers what was going on. Appears that the main road was completely shut down until 11pm that night, so I had to park some 4 blocks away in a shopping center parking structure, and haul my luggage the distance just to get there. To add insult to injury, I had to come back to retrieve my car after midnight so as not to have it towed away over night. Talk about killing my birthday night out!!
At the reception desk, I inquired as to why I wasn't informed about this GIANT OBSTACLE, and no one from the hotel side, including the front desk manager whose person was one of the 4 I spoke with on the phone, could say anything other than they were sorry. Not we're sorry and here's what we are prepared to do for you, just we're sorry. Oh, I forgot to add that this JEFF manager person took no responsibility for any misinformation on behalf of his own department and attempted to shift the blame to casino marketing for not informing me, since the booking was done through them. Let's not forget that I spoke with 2 of HIS PEOPLE within the the last HOUR.
A short while later, I went into the casino to the Red Card Reception. I requested to speak in person with my Executive Host. After they could round up some random HOST that wasn't too busy, or in some kind of meeting, and was willing to speak to me in person (that whole process took about 2 more hours of my life that I'm not getting back), I got the same NON RESPONSIVENESS of "we're really sorry". Needless to say, this had gotten REALLY OLD REALLY FAST.
With nowhere to go but up the food chain (or so I thought), I got the Director of Marketing's phone number from the Executive Host and placed multiple calls to him over the next few days asking to speak to him concerning this matter. Had to leave multiple messages but my call was never returned. Never got to talk to this individual, which from HIS NON RESPONSIVENESS, I'm not sure I would have even got an I'M SORRY, I suppose I should be happy about not speaking with him. I just couldn't swallow another I'M SORRY! .
At this point, I was as full as I could stand of the WE'RE SORRY placation attempts. Had I heard one more of these, I'm certain my head would have exploded. Oh, did I forget to mention that they sent me a survey, which I promptly filled out and returned? And what a surprise when I received a response from their survey people of WE'RE SORRY!
Anyone reading this, just bear in mind that this is FULL SERVICE HOTEL. They charge for everything, from the snacks and drinks in the room, to the $14.95 Wi-Fi per day charge, to coffee in the morning. All of this comes with a full service hotel and is understood by those who stay there. So I guess what I'm saying is, why wasn't any of these things offered up in compensation for my inconvenience and frustration. Negligence or ineptitude on behalf of the Wynn/Encore staff created this situation and should have been rectified immediately. I wasn't looking for someone's head to be lopped off, nor did I ask for any compensation. I just wanted someone (especially at the management level) to step up, admit that it was their mistake, apologize, and offer some small token of their remorse to compensate me for the inconvenience. DIDN'T HAPPEN - PROBABLY NEVER WILL. Hence the tile of this review, Everybody is SORRY, but No One CARES!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank BATMANCHICAGO60625

First of all :
This a true and really comment from TRULY Encore Hotel's guests (8-14.11.2013) 2 dblb on 21th floor rooms 62118-20 :
Since the seventies we keep coming back to Vegas all the way from the old Europe (Switzerland) needless to say that we we are used to real Palace hotels over here and since then we have tried almost all hotels on the strip beginning in these old times with the now closed Westward Ho Hotel, the Sands and those days down to the Encore via the Circus Circus, Dunes, Sahara, Last Frontier, MGM (...), Aria (so so), Palazzo (by the way not so good), PH (good but very very long way to garage), Mandalay Bay (big and good apartment with 2 bedrooms), Luxor (fair), NY NY (fair) and even the McCarran Best Western (not so bad but car needed)!, etc, etc ....
But we have to say, no one, we repeat, NO ONE can beat the Wynn/Encore (except maybe the Mandarin Oriental but we didn't visit the property yet will be next on the list)!
Please don't stop to these small and insignificant and unreal remarks like small stain, bed bug (lol!?), noise, cigarette smell and SO WHAT (live and let live cigarette is all over in Vegas anyway....)
Please be modest and expect at least what you would expect at your own home and not the impossible just because you are paying? and ask for the unreachable that you don't enven have at home! Be realistic and honest with yourself. Play the game et ENJOY Vegas the way it is! Or at least go to hotel/motel you can afford and will give you in return what you pay for! Like the airlines now: you get what you pay for!
And at Encore you really get a lot for what you pay!
Thump, thump from the clubs : people you are in Vegas (and not in a monastery for a silent retreat!) to have fun and once in the arms of Morpheus and in theses unbelievable beds like giant soft clouds believe me you won't hear a thing! Missing toilet paper a joke! There is a stock of rolls all over the bathroom like the bath linen...
The whole resort is sparkling new (opened in 2008 and very well maintained) and clean you could eat on the floor! The same goes for the restaurants, classy, comfy, great choice, great taste, abundance, eat till you drop! Don't forget to give a visit at the Buffet good quality/price!
-Wifi is FREE of charge included in the resort fee!!!!!
-Coffee maker: try the efficient room service!
-No fridge?: try the ice machine down the hallway!
-Controls for the curtains are on the nightstand!!!
-Even the location for selfpark is next to the reception a breeze.... with bags!
Most of those negative comments are from people of bad faith and trying to invent false excuses. Maybe because hotel is quite expensive for themself or they lost too much at the casino and now spend their rage with unrealistic distorded and bad comments ....
And last but not least: these same people who can't stop criticizing I will bet: even does not live in a decent apartment for themselves....
I will stop now with all these too good to be true and earned compliments (no bla bla):
YOU MAY RESERVE AND GO TO THIS PROPERTY WITHOUT ANY BAD CONSCIENCE EVERYTHING WILL BE FLAWLESS FOR SURE AND IF NOT AN ARMY OF NICE EMPLOYEE (DON'T FORGET TO ACCORDINGLY TIP THEM!) ARE HERE TO HELP YOU AND SATISFY ALL YOUR DESIRES IN ANY WAY YOU WANT IT.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends