“A Great Get-Away!”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Love, love, loved our king suite on the 63rd floor of the Encore. Everything about the Encore, and the Wynn was exceptional, and enjoyable. I highly recommend staying there to anyone. Also, I strongly recommend seeing the show Le Reve - The dream. Each and every performer is incredibly talented! It was an amazing experience! All of the staff that we had any interaction with was kind, and helpful.

3  Thank Serendipity1025

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is not only the best hotel on the Vegas strip, it's pretty much one of the world's best hotels. You can't go wrong with this place. The food, the rooms, the pool, the staff, etc...This is what you wish all first class hotel experiences were like.

Room Tip: Just get the regular king suite. There is really no reason to upgrade. All the rooms are equally as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We just came back from staying at the Encore for two nights and overall, it was really great. The five star review comes with a caveat -- we stayed mid-week in the middle of the summer, so our king suite was just $200 a night -- a steal that must be done. *** Without the suite, my review would drop down to a 4.
Why 5-star?
1. The service is top-notch and we didn't have even to glance up to have people swarming us every second to ask if we needed anything. Check-in and check-out took five minutes.
2. The decor and layout are amazing. I'm not a fan of Jeff Koons but there was plenty of other art and cool stuff to look at (fountains, waterfalls, carousel -- even the carpet is pretty cool!) as you waltz through both the Encore and the Wynn, which are connected, and the adjoining high-end stores (Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton, Graff, etc.) that connect the two hotels. It was fun to window shop!
3. The room was just perfect: the Dream bed lives up to its reputation and now we're saving money to purchase this bed for ourselves so we can have this experience every night. We were on the 59th floor (definitely opt for a high floor if you can) and the sweeping views from the floor to ceiling windows kept us entertained at all hours. The mini-bar was *fully* stocked (including a "pleasure pack* -- yes!) but there was no coffee machine (understandably -- a waste of space - who drinks that stuff any more?). The wi-fi was pretty good, but not perfect.
4. The luxury here is the newness of the facility, the cleanliness (spotless mostly) and the amenities that are available.
5. The pool is lovely and a much needed respite from the 106-degree heat. Definitely get there early to score chairs in the shade. They provide towels, ice water (yes!!) and while we were there, we got free grapes and bottled water. If you're feeling spendy, there are killer cabanas available that surround the pool, where you have lounges set up and cool water sprayed into the cabana -- nice....also, you can reserve umbrellas and chairs inside the pool.
6. The casino was fun and not too smoky (compared to other hotels we went to) - we even won a little, so that was cool. One of the slots I had let me play poker for 15 minutes on a dollar.
7. This is not a "family-oriented" resort (thank you!!), but rather a playground for adults. The restaurants clearly state that children under 5 are not allowed in the dining room. For some reason, a lot of today's parents do not understand that children under five should NOT be allowed in a fine dining establishment, so this rule was MUCH appreciated. As a result, there were no screaming kids anywhere in the resort. Excellent!

All this comfort costs money, so take some moulah! Drinks inside were $12 each, at the pool - $15. Double lattes + bagel + muffin = $25. Just a heads up! Mostly, food was pretty good, although expensive for what you get. Our lunch at society cafe was good, but not great (my turkey "pastrami" sandwich was kind of gross even though the waitress had recommended it) but the best part was when the chef came out to discuss my husband's tree nut allergy (wow! didn't expect that) and we went to the Buffet for breakfast (all-you-can-eat - two of us - about $50) and the corn pancakes were ice cold and inedible, even though we arrived when the Buffet opened. I know...strange, but there it is.

***Part of the luxury besides the deal on the room mid-week was that it was not very crowded when we were there. Friday, it started to get a bit crowded, so I highly recommend staying during the week.

Would I stay here again? Yes, provided we stay in a king suite. ;)

Room Tip: Definitely get a king suite on the highest floor you can!
5  Thank pinkmonkeylove
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have written reviews of Encore and Wynn before. I have a very difficult time deciding where on the property to stay, but I always like to stay in the Tower Suites. It is a special experience. This time we opted for a room in the the Encore Tower Suites. It has a number of advantages over the Wynn TS:

1) better views than at Wynn. The Tower Suites at Encore are situated close to Las Vegas Blvd. That means that, when you have a south-facing room, you can see all the way down to Bellagio. The view is stunning. At Wynn, you stare at Palazzo.
2) Room service breakfast was a nice touch. At Wynn you go down to Tableau for breakfast, so it was nice to have this option available to us, included in our rate.
3) More intitmate, meaning better service. The Wynn Tower Suites have about three-times the rooms than Encore does. So while there is more action at WTS, the ETS is more about discrete, exclusive service.
4) Better rooms -- I still like the room a little better at Encore than Wynn. But both are exceptionally nice.

It took quite a long time for our room to be ready, but that was more our fault than theirs. They had rooms ready, but I insisted on a high floor, south facing -- which we got, we just had to wait for it. That was my choice.

From the time you pull in, to the time they wish you a safe journey, they pamper you with attentive style and grace. The concierge is always helpful, the wait for your car at the valet is about 2 minutes. You never wait for a bellman. They are always offering you water -- which, in Vegas, due to the...uh...heat...and...other factors...is always a benefit.

A highlight of our stay this time was the addition of a music act at the Eastside Lounge. It is a beautiful lounge. They used to have dueling pianos, which where nice, but not a unique experience, or even befitting the hotel. We went to the opening night of a new act -- he's a crooner named Michael Monge. He's from New York, but they've extended a temporary contract to him to see how it goes. My wife and I LOVED it (we're about 30 years old, but love the old standards). If you, like us, have been longing for an old-fashioned experience that built this town, this is the place. He wasn't cheesy like a cruise ship singer. He seemed very authentic. Performed lots of standards, but also some more contemporary numbers too. The crowd seemed to love him, and we sure did. If you go see the show, be sure to let the concierge know so that they can reflect on your feedback. I hope he becomes a permanent act.

The Encore Tower Suites once again does not disappoint. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower Suites. Just do it. And get a south side view.
9  Thank musicmansimpson
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Loved our stay at this hotel. Spacious, clean, luxury room. Comfy bed and pillows, which very important to us when traveling. Casino area was kept clean, great air quality, no lingering odor of heavy smoke, spacious slot area, gorgeous decor surrounds you, easy access to any of the surrounding Cafés, bars, and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again and bring family and friends in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for either the quiet side of the hotel or the side closer to the nightclubs (we were told the ro...
2  Thank Kuuipo4310 G
Reviewed 18 July 2014

checking in was a little bit of a problem lady was kinda rude.. I always had to called to get on the internet because I only made the minimum deposit so I didn't have all the perks of being able to charge it to the room, that was dumb!!! after I spend $600. their café never will go again $7 for a bagel!! other then that the buffet is good the food at the pool was good as well. would come back if I get more comp nights lol. my room was great nice view of the pool and the club.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We rented a salon suite in the towers and it was epic and, for it's size, pretty affordable. Awesome view of Venetian and the Wynn and had a massage room with a massage table lol. We had a team meeting here and everyone that came really loved it. We LOVE the use of red in the casino (go to see what we mean) and the sushi at Wazuzu is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends