“Best Hotel with Caveats”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Best Hotel with Caveats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have stayed at the Wynn/Encore properties many times, so I felt that it was time to write a review.

This hotel is top notch. We typically stay in the Tower Suites (rooms) which means a separate entrance and elevators. The price of these rooms also includes the "resort fee" so things like internet and gym are included. The service and attention to detail here cannot be beat. My wife really likes the Encore, and the decor is very relaxing to me. Being in our fifties, we come for the food, service, ambiance, entertainment, and gambling. I like that the Encore attacts a somewhat sophisticated and mature (emotionally and physically) clientele, but they do offer nightclubs and a beach club for the younger set. In terms of service, everyone here from the doorman and housekeeping on up the food chain are courteous and attentive, and I think their corporate philosophy runs deep in all employees. You just cannot beat their service.

Rooms are very comfortable with big beds, five-piece baths, and sumptuous linens. We have always received a room on high floors whether they be overlooking the strip or to the northeast mountains. This has always made our rooms quiet. I have not experienced any issues with noise at night, but then again we usually stay sometime on a Sunday - Thursday when the rates are lowest. This usually means that the nightclubs are not in full swing. Conclusion: the rooms are large and well appointed.

Food here is very good. With the rates we book we have had the choice of included breakfast in a restaurant or by room service. The room service is impeccable with the food delivered hot, on time, and cooked to perfection. This is one of the nice indulgences at Encore. As far as restaurants go - the food is very good at all of the dining places we have been to, if somewhat overpriced relative to your hometown restaurants. But this is not a complaint - their restaurant prices are in line with all of the other big hotels and fancy named places on the strip. You cannot come to the Vegas Strip and not expect this - it is the same in places like New York City.

We love to go to the spa and get massages. The spa is wonderful, and the saunas, whirlpools, etc. are just great. The exercise gym is well equiped and provides water and towels as well as headphones for their TVs when doing cardio.

Pools are excellent with attentive poolside service. We have never experienced a problem with food or drink service, but I suppose it's always possible. The cabana rentals are also expensive, but no more so that other big hotels like Bellagio and Mandalay (which we have been to).

I have never golfed at Wynn and probably never will as their greens fees are way out of line with reality. The course looks very nice, but I've played at the much more reasonably priced Bali Hai when I want to play on the strip. I wish Wynn/Encore would change this.

The casino at the Encore is smaller and more intimate than the one at Wynn, but I've played both. The casinos do not smell of smoke, so they must have a great ventilation system. Dealers, pit bosses, and stickmen are all friendly, helpful, and sometimes funny. They can make losing money less painful. Kudos to the casino staff. Another note: security is very keen here, and when some drunkard tried to bother my wife while she was playing slots, he was shuffled off in an instant. Very nice - good going guys!

Location: north end of the strip. You may like this or hate it. The advantage is less street crowds and noise outside, and you are across the street from a major shopping mall with regular stores like Nordstrom and Macy's. Disadvantage is that you are not in the thick of the strip action, if you like that sort of thing. So, if you want to explore the strip and other casinos, you will need to either walk, take a taxi, or use the Duece city strip bus. It is a relatively easy walk to down as far as, say, Ceasar's Palace.

Overall assessment - We love this place. The decor, service, ambiance, and clientele are everything that we are looking for in a luxury resort experience. Just don't expect it to be budget friendly or offer $1 shrimp cocktail. You get what you pay for here, and everything is top-shelf. And, as a comparison, we have stayed at Venetian, Palazzo, Bellagio, Mandalay, and Aria - all in their respective exclusive towers.

Warning - the minibars are very expensive and pressure sensitive - don't touch anything unless you plan to buy it because you are electronically charged almost instantly. This is another area where I think the hotels can do better (all hotels, not just Wynn/Encore). Charge less for the items and you will sell a lot more thereby making more profits. It's that simple.

Room Tip: High floors are better than low; ask to see if you can upgrade to a true suite for a nominal fee bec...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dan77_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,772)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Limassol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent hotel on the famous strip of Las Vegas. Full of luxury, great staff great restaurants.
The casino is quite big and will satisfy everyone who want to try their luck.
The rooms were spacious and the prices were very reasonable for this kind of a hotel.
I will definitely stay again if I ever been to Las Vegas again.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the famous Las Vegas strip!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Encore is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Las Vegas! The service was the best, the attention given by the employees was wonderful. I would recommend Encore to everyone. The pool is child friendly as well as an adult "European Pool" available. My roomwas spacious and any view side to me was extremely pleasing.

Room Tip: For a quieter room - stay opposite of the "view of the strip" side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Coarsegold, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

So this rating is just OK, but it could and should have been a 5 based on the rooms, friendly staff, dining and great service... But, the outdoor pool night club rocked and vibrated our room till 4 AM every night. Even with earplugs, I tossed and turned for the three nights we were there, and that saps your energy to have the fun you expect in Vegas. in addition to the noise, having several hundred crazy twenty year old kids flood the hotel at 11 pm till midnight when the club opens really changes the classy vibe to a frat party. Would I return? I wish I could say yes, not with the noise. Maybe if the rooms not facing the pool are quieter I would, but there are so many other choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jonathan F
Riyadh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed in the new tower and our stay was very much enjoyable. Here are my pros and cons

Pros
Suite size is excellent
Staff is very cordial
7 star treatment
Easy access to the strip
Relatively speaking fast internet
Breakfast buffet has many choices
Separate entrance and registration desk
Elevators are aplenty and fast to serve

Cons
Buffet breakfast food quality is below average
Buffet breakfast restaurant smells very bad, every day
Too many people in the restaurant resulting in delayed service
When I checked in, I was not told how the internet and included breakfast buffet worked
Whenever we passed by the Chinese restaurant, the smell is awful

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
El Segundo, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

As a first time visitor to Encore I can honestly say that my experience there was wonderful. From the staff all the way down to the ambiance of the hotel it couldn't have been more perfect. The food was exquisite at Botero which I highly recommend. Went to XS on the night Jermaine Dupri was there and enjoyed bottle service. The staff were attentive to my needs and security made sure that no trolls were invading my space. The view from my room on the 62nd floor was priceless. The night view of The Strip was amazing. The room too was perfect. Overall in a nutshell I had exactly what a 40th birthday would entail, an amazing time at my new favorite hotel. Thank you Encore for an unforgettable 40th birthday.

Room Tip: My corner suite gave me a great view of The Strip. Wonderful looking out of my window at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Fairview Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Would highly recommend. This facility is top notch!! Steve Wynn knows how to make his guest feel welcome and special!!! The restaurants located here are absolutely wonderful. Food can't be beat and service is great! The spa and salon are a must visit during your stay!!!! Rooms are clean and decorated very nicely. Bathroom has all the necessities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple