“A hotel like a factory” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Encore At Wynn Las Vegas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bucharest, Romania
“A hotel like a factory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

When you get to this hotel you feel like you are being processed in a factory. There is no personal touch to anything but still the stay was fine. Anything you do or you want has a cost. I asked for boiled water to prepare my own Japanese tea and i was asked 5.41$. At one point the minibar got locked and I had to call the reception for it. Luggage pickup took 30 minutes as they were too busy. So they want to give you the feeling that they care but they don't. In the end i was asked how my stay was and the lady did not even wait for my answer as that was a standard question she just had to ask. Two years ago I stayed at the Bellagio and I feel that my stay there was better. Still , not a bad stay but it could be better. Still I assume they accept what I am saying here and that in Vegas things are like that, period!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from party people if you can :)
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,748)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Santa Cruz, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a convention so it was not our choice. Typical of Wynn properties, it was over the top on themed decorations with some beautiful furnishings and architectural details. I wanted to edit away the 3 foot wide purple glittered butterflies and focus on the beautiful mosaic floors or blown glass lighting...too bad there wasn't an edit button.

Check-in was awkward - it was so noisy you could hear the quick speal about what was where.

Our quiet tower suite was elegant and urban chic from wall coverings to linens. If only you didn't have to walk through the smoke-filled casino to exit the property... The pool area was loud and crowded with little shade and most lounges occupied with towels vs people. Cocktails were spendy as were all food and bar services on the property. Lines were long for morning coffee on Friday (60+ people waiting for a $6 coffee in a paper cup served from a thermos) and the wait for breakfast was over 40 minutes on a Saturday at 9:30. In hind sight we should have walked across the street to the mall or down the strip, but our events didnt allow many breaks.

People watching was great and the hotel was definitely a hook up place for the 20-30 year old crowd (many of whom did not appear to be staying at the property.

This would probably not be my first choice if I were chosing my own hotel.

Room Tip: away from the pool areas
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alida S
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I add the "in Vegas" since that combination isn't always easy to find. Most of the time it's possibly luxury but gaudy. We stayed at Encore for the first time in August for a quick weekend anniversary trip and loved every minute. We never made it to any of the clubs but we ate at Bartolotta at the Wynn and a sushi restaurant that is escaping me now and both were outstanding. The room was very elegant and the bathroom was excellent with great water pressure in the shower and plenty of room to move around. Love the automatic drapes and curtains in the morning. We did not hear anyone else in adjoining rooms which is not always the case in Vegas as well. Overall an A+ stay.

Also, we went to the "European" pool since the main hotel lobby pool was a bit quiet and don't be scared off...only about 10% of the women or less went "euro." It was a more fun and lively pool.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor...can't beat it.
      Sleep Quality
Santa Barbara CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I just stayed at the Encore while attending a convention in Las Vegas. The Wynn/Encore is the best hotel in close proximity to the convention center and they definitely market to the business customer...but, they don't service the business customer very well. Some examples: the gym is open but the pool doesn't open until 8am. I swim to for my workout but i have to be at work early. The first thing that hits you when you enter the hotel is the stench of smoke. Yeah, degenerate gamblers like to smoke but lots of gamblers don't smoke and very few business people smoke. They post that smoking is only allowed in the gambling areas but they don't enforce it so the hotel stinks and you can't wear your suit or jacket the next day because it smells like smoke. The taxi line at 8:30am each day was between 30 and 45 minutes long while waiting outside in the hot sun (110 one day i was there). I tried to book a hotel car to take me to the convention center the next day (after arriving soaked with sweat at the convention) but the hotel said their cars were booked. Amazing that with 23 hours notice, they couldn't find a way to overcharge for a 10 minute ride. Even though its a town that never sleeps, the place to get your coffee in the morning doesn't open until 6am. When i did finally get them to have a car take me to the convention the 3rd day, their price was grotesque.

Encore is a good hotel. It's convenient and the rooms are nice. But they service their business cliental poorly.

Room Tip: ask for a high room...they are quieter
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Imrahil5000
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

First, off we were so excited about staying at the Encore at the Wynn properties there in Las Vegas, because it was rated so high. However, we were taken by surprise once we got there. We were sorely disappointed when they told us that we would be charged $150 a day for a security deposit that was a total of $750 (which we didn't have). So after explaining to the one of the managers that we didn't have this on our debit card, they lowered it to $250 (seeing as we promised to not order any of the room service amenities and not to mess anything up in the room). They made us feel like we were heathens, like we would purposefully tear something up? This was strike one, in my book. Although, I may not have millions of dollars, I did choose to stay at your property and we even though we are from the south, we are a redneck, that was there to rip havoc on your hotel.
Strike 2 came as we walked along side the casino to get to the elevators to our room. I couldn't breathe for the cigarette smoke. It was terrible. I soon found out that it wasn't just the Encore, but all the hotels in Las Vegas that have casinos allow smoking and smell horrible. I will admit that the Encore's lobby wasn't as smelly as many of the others. However, it was terrible that although there were signs posted, no smoking past a certain point and no smoking in the elevators or on certain floors, there was no one to stop people from doing this. At the Encore you have to show your card to the guard, before heading up to your room. Why can't they stop a person smoking there and tell them no you cannot go past this point until you have discarded the nasty cigarette?
Strike 3 we had a few left overs from a restaurant we had eaten at and we forgot to ask for plastic ware to take with us. So we called down to the front desk and asked them where we could get plastic ware from. They sent us to room service and they told us it would be $5 for a plastic fork. I told my husband, no I would not pay for $5 for a plastic fork, that we would walk next door to the Walgreen's first. How crazy was this?
So yes, three strikes and the Encore was out for us. Mr. Steve Wynn can take his properties and shove them. He is full of himself. We watched the Wynn tv channel from our room, and he was all about making sure your experience at the Wynn and Encore was about you and making sure you have everything you needed while you stayed there (yep he sure does, as he is padding his pockets thicker).
The silver lining to the Encore was the concierge, we spoke with a young lady named Gina, she was wonderful and helpful.
Although, the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nice and roomy, the concierge service was outstanding. My husband and I have chosen not to ever stay at a Wynn property again. My husband has been to Vegas several times and he said that this was the worse experience he has ever had (this was his first time at the Wynn properties). He said that he has always had amazing service at the Bellagio, Venetian and Palazzo. He said he wished he would have went back to one of these resorts and will never venture from them again.

Room Tip: make sure you asking for a room on the back side, up several floors away from the night club area. t...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vicki H
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have stayed here several times as well a few other resorts on the strip and the Encore definitely tops them all in terms of cleanliness, luxury, classiness and exceptional service. The entire resort smells wonderful. If you are looking for a mostly kid free environment with a quieter more intimate casino and pools, this is the place for you. The staff pampers you and makes you feel like an honored guest. On our first stay I gambled a bit and was offered a very discounted rate for a future stay with a third night being free. Get your Red Card and use it every time. It definitely helps. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an even number as those face the strip.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sally L
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Until my most recent visit to the Tower Suites location within the Encore, my favorite hotel in Vegas was the Four Seasons. The Four Seasons is handicapped by being within the fading Mandalay property at the far end of the strip.

The Encore on the other hand is the star child within the Wynn family. The Tower Suites is the collection of suites within the Encore, enjoying it's own (and better) entrance. I saw two national celebrities within the first hour I visited the property, so the fact that Encore is a premier property is not a secret.

The location is fantastic, as the Encore is connected to the Wynn which is connected (by bridge) to Palazzo which is connected to the Venetian. You'd never have to leave.

The staff was exceptional - beyond exceptional. They are friendly, helpful and absolute professionals.

The pools were great and the service nearby was awesome.

The suite was huge - oversized in every way (entryway (complete with separate massage room), living room with all glass windows overlooking the strip, a giant bedroom and a massive bathroom).

The restaurants within the complex were exceptional. I ate at Andrea's and Lakeside Seafood - very pricey but quite excellent.

I will definitely book the tower suites the next visit to Vegas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo