“Left a lasting memory. what a great hotel!”

Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 25 February 2009

The Encore was very impressive right from the start. As soon as we arrived our bags were taken and brought to our room. Rooms were beautiful and very clean. House keeping was very polite and provided us with everything we needed. Rooms do not have a refrigerator for any of your own personal needs, but they are available upon request. The pool area was spectacular and the workers were very nice and helpful. The pool is said to be heated, but it was pretty cold. Still had a good swim though. The clubs were very fun and I would recommend them to anyone. I would definitely stay here again! Hoping to go back in the summer.

1  Thank miathebee
Write a ReviewReviews (13,301)

Reviewed 25 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Encore for our anniversay and it was wonderful. The room was amazing. We requested a high floor room w/ a strip view and that is just what we got. 33rd floor w/ a magnificiant view of the strip and mountains in the distance. Besides the view the room was amazing. The floor to ceiling windows were spectacular to soak in the view while lounging on the chaise couch. Totally relaxing. We could even see the night show and waterfalls clearly from our room. As far as noise. We could slightly here people on a couple of occasions but nothing you wouldn't expect when in a hotel. We couldn't hear the club XS but for an ever so slight base thumping for a couple a minutes. Nothing that I would ever consider an issue. The bathroom was beautiful and huge. Beds super comfy, robes were a nice touch. Housekeeping was good although they forgot to take our empty used glasses but did replace them with new ones. This was the best hotel room we've ever stayed in. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Check in was a breeze no waiting, there was staff providing direction to keep the flow going. The rest of the hotel was great. It was so easy to find our way around, signs are so helpful not like at some of the older hotels, we could actually get our of the casino. Barely could smell the cirgarettes either. Only complaint is a long walk from the encore to places. Not unpleasant but long, make sure to have comfy dress shoes or bring lots of bandaids. People watching was fun. I'll review some of the specific bars/lounges and restaurants in those sections. Overall we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2009

This is a brand new hotel, and one of the most beautiful hotel I have stayed for a long, long time. The check-in lobby was magnificent, and desk staff very nice, and professional. We were upgraded to a semi-suite, and the room was aboslutely very upscale and comfortable. (see attached pictures). Even the room card has my name etched in gold, very nice touch. Bedside remote controls the lighting of the suite and even opens and closes the drapes. I enjoyed the huge flat TV that can be rotated to be viewed from bedroom or living room. The view outside was wonderful, either LV strip side or the mountains. There is even a wall-mounted TV in the bathroom that one can watch while soaking in the tub or taking a shower.
Some minor distractions: (1) lighting control took some time to understand the set-up; (2) one has to pay to use the gym, (3) there are sensors in refrigerator and the snack bar. It you put something into the refrigerator, they will charge you. If you take the snack out for more than 60 seconds, they will charge you.

On the plus side, we were absolutely pampered by the nice staff. Things are very convenient as it is in the middle of the Strip. There is a nice casino downstairs (albeit a little too red); many many shops and restaurants.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, and would not hesitate to stay at Encore again and recommend to all my friends.

Reviewed 24 February 2009

I don't know how Steve Wynn could've out-done Wynn Hotel & Casino, but he did. Encore is the best property in Vegas and I will never stay anywhere else. The hotel staff is top notch and very helpful. The slots were loose. The restaurants were tasty and surprisingly affordable (look at the menu! You'll be pleasantly surprised!!!).

I stayed here for 3 nights (comped!) with 2 friends over Superbowl weekend. The casino is much smaller than the other resorts, but that's OK. It's not as crowded and the decor is beautiful. Take time to admire the $42,000 (per piece) red chandaliers.

The rooms! Oh...the rooms. Due to a mix-up with the reservation (the only bad part that happened to us, but can't complain because it was 3 free nights) we spent the first night in a room with one king bed and called for a rollaway. The room is beautifully decorated, the bathroom is huge (just like at Wynn), and the view is breathtaking (ask for a room facing the Strip). The room with two double beds is slightly larger and the "living room" isn't sectioned off, but it is more than enough for 4 girls with lots of luggage.

The spa is beautiful, although treatments are pricey. The day pass is an affordable $30 and well worth the price if you're seeking a few hours of quiet and relaxation.

On the downside, the walls are thin (or maybe sounds reverberates off the marble floors in the entry way), but calls to security are quickly taken care of....either way...having to hear the people next door talk wasn't a deal breaker. The room could use another tv (the tv swivels in the delux rooms with one king bed) because the Palazzo suites all have two tvs, but again, that's not a dealbreaker.

Overall, I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the strip. I wondered how Steve Wynn could out-do himself and he did.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2009

We were booked into the hotel for 3 nights, there was the usual confusion at check in as they dont have a line system, you just loiter until you see an empty desk then run to it before someone else does. I asked for a strip view on a high floor and thats exactly what I got, with no $20 trick needed. The room was very nice, black and white themed with the most comfortable beds ever.

Previous reviewers have mentioned that the walls in the hotel are thin and you can hear every sound from the next room and the nightclub. I never had this problem, the room was quiet at all times aside from the air conditioning which squeaked every so often.

Yes the minibar is expensive, $4 for a coke, i just went downstairs to the shop near the lifts and bought one for $2.50 instead. No real reason to use the minibar. The hotel has either wired or wireless internet for $13 every 24 hours, I needed internet access so had to use this but didn't think it was excessive.

It is a bit far out at the end of the strip but now there are walkways to get through the hotel through the Wynn, across the walkway to the Palazzo, into the Venetian etc etc.

All the restaurants are quite expensive, I have no desire to pay $110 for a steak or $36 for a fish appetiser, but thats just me. The shops are as expensive in the esplanade, high end designer brands with hoodies starting at $1900.....yes $1900 for a hoodie!

My only issues were that due to 'cost cutting' measures as I was told by the concierge, you now don't get the free slippers, you have to request them, you don't get a turn down service unless you request it. They are even getting a bit tighter on the comps nowadays.

Overall a lovely hotel both exterior and interior, but I think the Wynn still has the edge over the Encore. Unless you get a phenomenal rate for the Encore, stay at the Wynn, better location, cheaper food, better amenities.

Reviewed 22 February 2009

This hotel is very overpriced, from the hotel rooms to the restaurants to the bars. Casino itself is very boxy and maze-like. Staff uninterested and unfriendly. Rooms are slightly above standard remodeled Vegas. Would not stay there again.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Woomba
Reviewed 21 February 2009

We only spent an evening at the Encore, but it was so impressive, I just had to write a review. The hotel is breathtaking, and the service we received was beyond our expectations. We had 7:30 reservations for 4 at Botero. We arrived early and checked in with the hostess. We had decided to have a glass of wine in the lounge area to relax before dinner. At 7:45 my husband thought maybe they didn't realize we were ready to be seated. They were very curtious and said that hopefully a table would be ready soon. Five minutes later, 4 glasses of champaign arrived. A few minutes after that, 4 appetizers. We have waited much longer than that for resv at other restaurants and only gotten an apology, so we were impressed. At 8, we were let to our table in a beautiful dining room. Brown walls with white leather chairs and a mosaic floor. No detail was left unattended. I ordered the beet salad, gnocci, and brussel sprouts. Very strange combination, but these are all of my favortie foods. I think this was the best beet salad I had ever eaten. The gnocci was light and wonderful, but the red sauce was a little sweet. The brussels sprouts were lightly browned and just just right. The rest of our table oohed and ahhed over every bite. We were too full to order dessert, but when the ice cream lollipops arrived, complimentary for being seated late, we devoured them. They were a perfect ending to the meal.
After dinner, we sat down at a blackjack table. The dealers were friendly, and the pit boss Jason went out of his way to make us comfortable. On our next trip, this will be our hotel of choice.

5  Thank Cindy R