Encore At Wynn Las Vegas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
  • Pool
The Rita Suites(Las Vegas)
Royal Resort(Las Vegas)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
Las Vegas Marriott(Las Vegas)
13,886 results
All reviewseuropean poolle revered cardpanoramic suitesw steakhousebeautiful hotelfloor to ceiling windowsother hotelsfashion show malllobby barhigher floorsitting areastrip viewresort feeper dayfitness centercasino floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We loved the Encore! Check-in was quick. It looked a bit chaotic at the check-in counter, but we just waited about 5 mins. We loved the style/decor/furnishings of the suite and even of the hallways. They paid attention to detail that made it really special: the doorbell, the Privacy Please and Make Up Room buttons that you push instead of the hanging doorsigns, your name on the phone lcd screen and the Bambu toiletries.

The reason i didn't give this the full five points is because i like the location of the Wynn better (closer to the mall), but that's just me.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2009

First I should say we got this room free. We are usually more frugal and choose to blow our money in the casino and not the room, where we are very rarely at. With that said, it was a great room. Probably the nicest I've stayed in. All the amenities you'd want and fancy. All rooms are suites. It makes you want to stay in the room. The casino is just another casino, a little high on the stakes for me. The pool is great but the hours suck. In Vegas in the summer, lots of daylight left and they kick you out at 8 pm. I would not stay here again at their regular price, but give me a deal and I would. Recommend it if you like plush.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My husband & I did the Encore for a friend's 50th bday & my bday partying. Trip started nice & I had read all of the neg reviews but wanted to go into the trip w/ good intentions--that was thrown out the door by the first evening. There were 9 couples that traveled w/ us & we all stayed @ the Encore on the same floor, but we still didnt have enough comp for anything. (You need to spend at least 30k in the casino to receive any comp...) First off, the air conditioner didn't work during our 4 day stay (the ave temp in Vegas @ the time was about 100 outside.) We complained & they brought up a service man (@ 8:30am on Sat morning mind you--so much for sleeping in) & he 'documented' that he fixed it, but we continued to be uncomfortable & woke up hot several times in during night(s). Property is just beautiful, I will give them that. Mr. Wynn attends to fine detail; the decoration/design is very impressive & just fabulous. Wish I was as rich as Mr. Wynn!
Reality Checks: (and we're not the complaining type ...) Other than the a/c issue, our room wasn't cleaned for 2 days. They even sent up a maid to work out an alternative time for her to come back & but she never returned! Really! Greg Goose & Red bull in the casino - $27 bucks; Diet coke by the pool - $7 bucks (come on); the 21 & older pool simply does not have enough chairs for all the guests and my guess is that they do that purposely. You're not allowed to hold a chair for longer than 30 mins either. Laying by the pool was a pain in the buttock; it's basically a lounge where folks wear bathing suits and pretend their all models. The pool scene is totally plastic. The cabanas are rented out for $500/day; same w/ the chairs/lounges near the pool, they will set you back about $400-$600 depending which lounge you're reserving. The pool waitstaff is clearly more interested in assisting a celebrity that happens to be there rather than getting the average guest anything from the bar. And don't bother bringing booz from your room to the pool; they'll bite you're head off! Turkey sand @ the pool is definitely overpriced; go to Subway if you want a tightly wrapped sandwich in plastic. The chips & guac were a joke @ 10 bucks and little more than nothing. And of course the famous bait & switch room charge runs rampid during checkout. Every one of this 9 couple gang had problems checking out & having the hotel guarantee the advertised rate during the summer promotion ($119 promised; $169 charged.) Just remember to bring your email confirmation. We found the staff pretty condesending. We heard rumors that the reason the hotel staff is so rude b/c management treats them that way so that's why they take it out on the guests. Ya know what, I really don't care, just serve me b/c I paid for it! Basically, we thought this property was pretty high on itself. We won't be coming back no matter what the taxi drivers/locals said about Mr. Wynn priding himself on customer service b/c this place didn't have it. Stay somewhere else, you'll save yourself some $$ and have a much better time. On another note, my husband & I were shocked to see so many young children @ this adult playground. Why would you bring your kid to Las Vegas? We didn't get it cuz it's not a place for kids at all.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Tracey H
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The Encore is a clean, decent hotel owned by Steve Wynn. It resembles the Belagio in certain ways but comes up short. As an adjunct to the Wynn it really doesn't have it's own distinct identity. Yes there are butterflies on just about everything but no defining personality. The pools are fine but not over the top like you expect in Vegas. They look as though they are part of a hotel built in the 70's or a nice "motel" Both pools were extremely crowded and both blasted loud annoying music non-stop. In fact, everywhere you went throughout the hotel there was the same loud, incessant music. It felt like a bad party where the host tried to compensate by blasting music.
We stayed in the tower section of the hoel, which means you have a special entrance (less crowded) and seperate elevators. The actual "tower" is in the same building but double doors block off the rest of the hallway from the "regular" hotel. The suite was large and clean and new. Floor to ceiling windows looked out at an abandoned construction sight and parking lot. Remember this was from a top floor in the front of the hotel. Most other places I've stayed in Las Vegas all featured exciting views of the strip... so one has a sense of being out of the action. The truth is you are. The Wynn and the Encore are at the far end of the strip so that visiting most other casino's means a cab ride. As far as service goes it was well intentioned but off. For example, housekeeping would knock on our door despite our "privacy please" sign. In fact none of the hotel employees seemed to respect the "do not disturb". The engineering department merely knocked and entered,despite the DND and even though I made it clear when I called them to please wait until dinner time to come fix the electric curtains. By the way, from the time we checked in, the curtains were either stuck open or stuck closed. The engineers would come up tell us everything was working properly and leave. It was frustrating trying to sleep with the sunlight streaming in when they were stuck open or sitting in a darkened room during the afternoon. There was also a sense of some of their guest being more special than others. One day we entered a room off the tower checkin area. It was supposedly a VIP area for tower suite guests. They offered soft drinks and snacks throughout the day. We walked in and were asked to show our special red tower suite cards. I felt slightly taken aback and embarrassed because the guard asked us in a rather loud voice in front of other guests. When we showed our cards we were told we needed to have a special gold star on our card in order to enter. We were forced to
leave. It just made us feel tacky and not "special" enough.
Anyway, bottom line: everything at the Encore was fine but not great. Nothing terrible but nothing really terrific.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank unloved
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Just got back from a 4 day stay at the Encore/Wynn. Both hotels are well maintained, staffed. There wasn't a lot of activity at either hotel in the casino area. Never had to wait for a seat/place at a blackjack or craps table. Min tables were $15(still not crowded). Lots of 21+ passing by in the evening going to the clubs. Great place if you just want to relax and play a little, without interacting with anyone..

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple