“Great Family Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Paradise
San Diego
“Great Family Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great place to take the kids for a decent comfortable lunch. Inside NYNY hotel casino.

Visited April 2012

Vancouver
“sports bar with a great steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

buddy and I wanted to watch the hockey game and have a great steak - very tough to find in Vegas. These guys had tons of screens, and decent food. the highlight was the in-house aged Steak. I suspect these are the same steak served at the Voodoo Lounge upstairs, but at a reduced price.

Visited April 2012
Las Vegas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food. Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2009

I love this place. My wife and I have been there a few times, and have enjoyed wonderfully prepared steaks and burgers with excellent sides (the fingerling potatoes are excellent). Many restaurants offer complimentary bread or rolls, but this restaurant offers salted soy beans, or very tasty homade chips.

On one occasion, we took my parents there for their 25th anniversary. The staff handled our group of ten wonderfully, and offered us complimentary wine and dessert on our special occasion.

The American Grill beats most chain restaurants in quality and value.

1 Thank se7enred7
Las Vegas
“Worst Vegas Dining Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

It took 10 mins for our waiter to ask about drinks. That was the least of the problems at American Grill. I ordered the roasted chicken with vegetables. The chicken was actually ok, but the asparagus was raw and the potatoes were old, brown, stale, and cold. My mom had a crabcake and they don't even have tartar sauce. After lunch was served by the food runner, the waiter NEVER returned. No refills, no dessert, and unfortunately for him no TIP. My dad went to the restroom and saw that the kitchen was filthy and the food runner was doing his homework. No attention to customers or quality and not a manager to be found. They have been open 4 months and I would be amazed if they make it to September. RIP AMERICAN GRILL. Blueberry Hill has better food and service.

1 Thank misledmedia
Las Vegas, NV
“Worst food and Customer Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

We found this place from restaurant.com and came in with a $25 gift certificate we bought for $5... I ordered a burger, which was OK... My wife on the other hand ordered a steak dish.. When she first got it, it was completely cut up and she said the meats looked to be different temperatures and from different cuts -- as if they had leftover meat from someone else and put it together for her...

She is a professional chef and knows a bit about food. She complained, very nicely to the manager, who was basically argueing with her that it's impossible for it to be different pieces of meat and the chef cuts it up for artistic purposes.

He realized that we weren't backing down and of course turned into a nice guy and reordered a new steak for us.. less than 10 minutes later, out comes a whole steak this time, which looked ok, till she sliced it open and realized it was completely undercooked!

At that point, we decided to go home and she was going to reheat it the next day. We didn't complain and paid our check, with no discounts for their poor performance with the first steak!

Also, the waiter and the manager told us they were unusually busy as they've been averaging 3 - 4 tables and hour and they had over 10 going... To me, that makes no difference as if you seat us, you better be ready to serve us with good food!

In my and my wife's opinion, we shouldn't have been challenged by the manager, especially since they were a newer place if they ever expected us to come back again... also, the steak should have been comped at that point, or at least free drinks for our troubles.

1 Thank KantroSAK