“Don't stay here! You will be sorry if you do!”

Nellis Suites at Main Gate
Ranked #212 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Apple Valley, California
“Don't stay here! You will be sorry if you do!”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We looked around and found the Nellis suites at main gate which had a low rate for a week stay. We read the reviews and they had about a 3 rating and figured that mainly dissatisfied people posted reviews and satisfied people didn't post reviews often… well I was wrong!
Upon checking they have you sign forms about no refunds and $75 to change rooms. I was tempted to look at the room first but we were tired and wanted to get through the check-in process quickly. The room was ok at first look but then we noticed how they repaired holes in doors with wood texture tape (very obvious). The vertical blinds were broken and couldn’t be repaired so maintenance fixed with tape to hold the blind slats up and said they would be back tomorrow to replace the unit (which never happened). The AC unit was in the bedroom and was very noisy and they attempted to quiet it. At least they were able to fix the squeek coming from it. It was still noisy enough to keep you up at night. There was a lack of cooking pans, dishes, and silverware. The bed was broken and sagged very bad on one side. If you take off your shoes and walk around the room your feet turn black on the bottom. The TV is an old style TV (the ones with the picture tube) with a remote control that hardly works. They give you instructions on reprogramming it over the phone to try and fix it. The TV is in the living room area (none in the bedrooms). After complaining many times they finally moved us to another room which they said was remodeled (no fee). It was a little better but the shower barley worked and when turned off it leaked water. TV remote had to be reprogrammed (by me). The non-smoking room smelled like somebody smoked in it. Both rooms had roach traps in the kitchen cabinets but I never saw a roach. When you stay for a week they will only clean your room once during your stay. For some reason they want to clean it during the last couple days of your stay and won't clean it sooner if you ask.
The SPA was green which I reported so they put a closed sign on. It was two days before they cleaned it and then it was over chlorinated so it wasn't usable. The pool often had stuff in the bottom and was only removed once during my week stay.
The free continental breakfast was in the office which was almost non-existent. It consisted of about 6 individual boxes of Raisin Bran, about 8 muffins, a few individual milk cartons, orange juice if they didn’t run out, coffee, and water bottles. They call this their Express Breakfast. When I asked for something that ran out (normal status) the person working the front desk was irritated because I asked for something. There is a sign to take 1 water, 1 milk, and 1 box of cereal per person. My young kids will eat 2 or 3 of those small boxes of cereal for breakfast. Weekends are better when it's in a room designed just for that.
When they clean the other rooms they throw the bags of trash and linens in the walkway in front of doors where people are staying. The walkways are hot and noisy because of the running AC units that exhaust hot air in the walkways. You can easily hear the neighbors in the room next to you.
I wish I had taken more pictures to prove my statement. I decided to take pictures and video towards the end of my say. The staff said the new owners are trying to make the place better. From what I see they are part of the problem!

We checked out a day early for our week long stay. We could not stand to stay there any longer!

The pictures on websites of the Hotel have been highly edited to make the place look much nicer than it actually is!

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to stay at a different hotel (This place is more like a run-down motel...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 922MarkR
b_jeong, Director of Sales at Nellis Suites at Main Gate, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear guest, we are sorry that you now say that you are still not satisfied. We have moved you to a suite you indicated you were happy with. We are sorry for not being able to send your breakfast to your room & serve it to you while you are in bed (as you requested). The SPA has a Turquoise color plaster (which may explain the appearance of Green water. Garbage Bags are sealed & placed outside while the Housekeepers clean and Porters pick them up. You may have taken photos of this process. The photos of the breakfast were taken after large group of guests had just left. We apologize that we cannot control how many guests arrive at once for breakfast. Thank you for going out of your way to take these photos during the cleaning of rooms & filling of breakfast process.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Hello to all,

It has been seven years since our last visit to Nellis AFB and Las Vegas. We arrived here on the weekend at Nellis Suites after an 1800 mile trip from the midwest, (Wisconsin), tired and ready to relax. The staff here took care of us as if we had been here many times before and were soon in a very comfortable room. Rates are reasonable. Trip to main strip is about 15-20 minutes away driving or leave your car here and save the hastle of heavy traffic and take a taxi. Nellis Suites is a large complex. Has a great staff, and good security. A good selection for extended stay.

Room Tip: The Suite has regular size refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, microwave, toaster. One bedroom or mor...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John k
b_jeong, Director of Sales at Nellis Suites at Main Gate, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank You for your review of us. We your evaulation of us means a lot to us, we strive to make our guests' stay a comfortable and pleasant one. If there is anything we can do for you while staying with us, please let our front desk staff know or contact me directly. Thank you again for an outstanding review!
Stockton, California
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My family and i had a great time being at Nellis Suites. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are really clean. (yes they are old but they are having a few room remodel) My family had a great time at the pool, we really didnt had to take them to the strip because they did not want to leave the hotel. I loved their security and customer service that was available 24/7, we did had a problem with the fridge but in less then 10 min the problem was fixed. You cannot expect something to be perfect especially if you dont give them the time and chance to fix the problem. I will defenetly go back to them and stay at their hotel without thinking it 2s. It is a little far from the strip but if you take the freeway it wont take long for the max 10-15mins. The continental breakfast was a good snack for us before going to breakfast. They do offer a few different choices to take from. The king beds to need a little of improvement but they are working on it. Take the double beds if they have it available instead of a king. In general i loved my stay and my family did to, we were a party of 6 rooms.

Room Tip: The king beds to need a little of improvement but they are working on it. Take the double beds if t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
b_jeong, Director of Sales at Nellis Suites at Main Gate, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your opinion! We all appreciate you choosing us for your Hotel accomodations. We hope to see you soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We are still staying at Nellis Suites and have been here for 6 weeks. The staff is friendly and quick to take care of any issues we have had. The kitchen is stocked with all of the items you would expect in an extended stay hotel. There are plenty of washers and dryers in the laundry room that you never have to wait for a machine to be available. The breakfast provided is an added bonus and has spoiled us with donuts and muffins daily. We have also used the weight room that is on the premisis. It is nice, clean, and provides many options for a good work out. Overall we feel that Nellis Suites is a great option for a low price extended stay hotel. It has provided us a home while we wait for our home to be completed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Very disappointed. I live here locally and needed to get a massive project done, so checked in and told them I probably would extend stay (ended up paying 2x the price if I had booked with NV license for 1 week vs. 4 days) and had to pay for internet daily which downloaded over 15000 viruses to my new laptop; a week later after leaving I am still running scans, etc and everyone that received something from me has been infected. Rooms are to have pots & pans in them, mine did not, they said they would bring - never did. I had 2 forks, 2 spoons and 1 knife for utensils completely. You must bring EVERYTHING, paper towels, dish rag, dish towels, dishwasher/dish soap, etc - NONE of this is in the room. Then I was flooded not once but twice as they pressure washed the sidewalk outside my door. Maid service begins at 8 am and they have NO problem waking you up despite a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door - but really, if check out is NOT until 12 noon - why wake up travelers at 8 am? Breakfast moves and only found it ONCE on the weekend; then during the week I have NO idea where they hide it. VERY disappointed and would never stay there again OR recommend it to ANYONE! They did not seem to care about all of the issues with my room or the infected IT system that they are CHARGING people to use. Keep the $5 in your pocket and go without the internet service, it will cost you SO MUCH more to clean up THEIR mess afterwards. Go out to Panera or elsewhere with free internet and do not expose yourself to their virus laden network. Also, NOTHING is in the room about TV Channel, instructions on ANYTHING - never in my life have I seen this - you are lost and repeatedly have to log online to educate yourself about their rules. Took over one hour to connect to the internet, as they provide NO instructions as to how to do that either. RUN AWAY from this place when there are hundreds and hundreds of options, this should be just above camping out in the desert.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank T170
b_jeong, Director of Sales at Nellis Suites at Main Gate, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
We are sorry that your computer had virus's. You should be careful about opening any emails that may contain virus's. Our Hotel internet service provider does not have access to computer. You spoke with me about your privacy, and that you DID NOT want ANY Service because you will have papers All over the floors due to your work and that you brought your own cleaners, vacuum, mop, towels etc. so that you would not be disturbed. We have tried to accommodate your wishes. I have asked you long your stay would be, you did not know, therefore we charged you a discounted daily rate. We are very sorry for your disatisfaction with us.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband recently transferred to Nellis AFB. We stayed at this hotel. It is right in front of the main gate. Rooms are nice and service is good.

• Stayed June 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Traveling from the North Rim at the Grand Canyon through to Yosimite, my partner and I needed a place to stay just for the night, we found the Nellis Suites and were reluctant to stay based on the reviews, which half way through our 2 month holiday to America from New Zealand have become to realise how much time we've wasted reading missleading reviews and this is the only reason I'm taking the time to write this one.

Here's our view based on our night in room 2013: I don't think you can beat this place value for money at all! Full kitchen, nice bed, clean bathroom, etc. Check was easy, no huge bunch of forms like some person wrote! And another mentioned about crime in the area based on some sirens they heard, lol? Bums, etc. I'm guessing they've never been into vegas itself nor checked the crime in the rest of vegas... We thought we had no forks, knives until we had a better look and they were in an overhead cupboard.

Overall value for money, $55 for the night - an absolute bargain! And this place deserves more credit than 1/5's given. I've rated this place on value for money and the only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because the A/C unit is slightly noisy at night which may wake you but simply turn it off over night - problem solved...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
b_jeong, Director of Sales at Nellis Suites at Main Gate, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you Daniel! We like to hear how we can improve our guests experience. We are looking into the A/C noise. We have recently expanded our continental breakfast selection! We are looking for other ways to improve our guests stay while keeping our rates low and keeping in line with our "More than just a hotel room" statement.
Again, Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Baldwin Jeong
Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#121 of 263 in Las Vegas
Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis
Cannery Casino
Cannery Casino
#5 of 10 in North Las Vegas

Been to Nellis Suites at Main Gate? Share your experiences!