“Great place for a great price”

Nellis Suites at Main Gate
Ranked #212 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Great place for a great price”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I wasn't sure about this place in the beginning because it sits right behind a bar but my brother was in town and I needed a bigger hotel room. Since I already had a hotel on base I would be keeping I didn't want to spend a lot of money on hotel number 2. We got a two bedroom suite. I think I paid 350 for the entire week but it had a full up kitchen and 2 nice sized rooms. The front desk had the nicest employees. The rooms were well kept and the bathroom was clean. The a/c unit was LOUD in the second bedroom and every time it kicked on or off it would scare the living crap out of me. We also had to deal with the occasional cigarette smoke that filtered in the room. But we never heard our upstairs tenants and the fitness center was decent considering how cheap it is to stay at these suites. The pool area was pretty and well kept. The environment was extremely friendly and laid back. I HIGHLY recommend this place unless you have fancy taste. Housekeeping is once a week and you have to pay for extra toilet paper and supplies.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank SW2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at Nellis suites with a large group. Our check in was seamless and efficient. The suite was recently redone, as most of the suites on property have been. The property was clean as were the rooms. The rooms were spacious and provided enough room for the five of us. There was a kitchen with everything needed to cook basics. It is out by the Air Force base and away from the strip, but we were at a race that was held close to this property. I would definately recommend this property to families or groups

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kat s
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Was a really nice hotel for what I needed. Was visiting Vegas with friends to do a Spartan race. The Nellis Suites were close to the race and a good comfortable clean place to stay. It's about 20-30 minutes from the strip, but very close to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway and the Spartan Race location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank William H
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

At first I wasn't too sure about the place. But the staff was super friendly and the suite was really clean. Had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. Plenty of parking and areas around it where we could eat. Great for the price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lakeside, California
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I travelled to Vegas the first weekend of April for a Spartan Race. I chose Nellis because of its proximity to the race venue. I needed large fully equipped suites to accommodate room sharing with fellow racers and Nellis fit the bill perfectly with their extended living suites. Full kitchen, very serviceable living space, 2 bedrooms with comfortable beds and everything was very clean! The grounds were well taken care of and attractive, pool and jacuzzi, laundry room facilities and the office staff was very kind and helpful. My reservation alone was for twelve 2 bedroom suites covering more than 50 people, and many other racers stayed there in addition to my group. Every person I spoke to was pleased with their rooms and with the service. Many people shudder at the thought of staying near North Las Vegas, but this property is tucked in off the road, has good parking and even has a roving security gaurd. We all felt very safe and comfortable here and I would happily recommend them to anyone. :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I looked Nellis Suites via Hotels-Rates.com for $99/night. When I showed up they wanted to charge $138/night. Even after I showed them my confirmation paperwork with the lower price, they said it is not a rate they charge. Staff is rude. Place is noisey (next to Air Force Base). It is way out in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe C

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Circleville, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here yet again for a regional gymnastics meet, rather than at the meet hotel. The cost was significantly less, and the suite was exactly what we needed.

We are a special needs family, and the staff made certain we had everything we needed. This really made the difference for us.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#121 of 262 in Las Vegas
The Strip
The Rita Suites
The Rita Suites
#160 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to Nellis Suites at Main Gate? Share your experiences!