“A++++++” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona
“A++++++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Excellent restaurants, in the middle of the strip. I really didn't need to venture off too far because this place had everthing and great entertainment. Rooms are clean and spacious.

1 Thank Jumpstart000000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,979)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

All right, the room and the bed were basically okay, large and comfortable, but the hotel itself is uninspiring. You have to go through casinos to enter or leave many hotels, but Harrah's tops the others. The whole first level is nothing but casino, and a rather loud smoky one as well. The pool isn't particularly grand or fun, and it closes around 5 or 6 PM (in March). You usually have to wait in line to check in or out. No free wi-fi. I had read reviews on trip advisor, so our room was at least quiet. It was up high and on the other side from the incredibly loud outdoor party area in front.

Most frustrating was that it was impossible to adjust the temperature in our room in any meaningful way. The thermostat seemed to ignore whatever setting you gave and just blew out air endlessly at whatever fixed temperature it had. Our room was too hot initially, so we had them come up and adjust the system. At that point it blew out cold air and got the room very cold by morning. I called them back the next evening, and they said I had a choice of too hot or too cold, with the air coming out either way at a fixed temperature. He suggested too cold, because you could always just shut it off manually , which I did in the middle of the night. Still, is it too much to want a heating cooling system you can set to a particular temperature, rather than one that blows out air constantly at either too high or too low a temperature? That doesn't seem too much to ask for a hotel in this price range.

1 Thank joevincent
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We asked for and received a room in the Mardi Gras tower. We were on the 18th floor, with a view of the strip and right across from the Mirage. We were able to watch the Volcano at the Mirage from our room. The room was well appointed and very suitable for staying a week.

The staff was friendly, the cost was very reasonable. The hotel is right next door to McDonalds for our early seniors coffee. The hotel is right in the centre of the strip making it possible to walk to most places. Mind you, on Friday and Saturday night, you can't really walk anywhere, you are mostly shuffling there are so many people.

5 Thank Berliner207
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Compared to the newer properties on the strip, Harrahs is a bit dated. The rooms are not large and not totally sound proofed. But you can get a good price there so I had no objection to the deal in terms of price to value. If you want a fancy room, or to be in the hotel with the best shows, or the best visual effects, then Harrahs is not your choice. If you like me, want a place to sleep that is proximate to the other offerings on the Strip, and a friendly place to gamble should the fancy strike you, then Harrahs is a fair deal and a pleasant place to be, with a courteous staff, fair minimum bet tables (at least for the Strip) and reasonable meals, even if not gourmet themed.

i will note my contining objection to paying for internet service.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the lower floors on the Mardi Gras Tower, the sounds of an incessant rave seemed to tra...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jaumeAlaska
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay at Harrah's in the Mardi Gras Tower. We had 2 nites comped for a classic room--but we paid the $15 per nite for a Deluxe room with Queen pillow-top mattresses (very comfy!). Room was clean, comfortable--main complaints--poor water pressure for shower and dim lighting in bathroom--They could take down smaller flat-screen TV in bathroom and replace with a lighted make-up mirror ! Bathroom is too small for a TV anyway ! Casino was clean--NOT smokey--great selection of slots and table games--Carnival Court was always hopping--live music--cheap food ! Will stay there again--location can't be beat & easy to go over to Imperial Palace to Hash House A-Go-Go---which is a great place to eat !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Deborah C
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I've gone to Las Vegas several times and stayed in several different hotels and I've never had anyone steal from my hotel room...will, there is a first for everything, right? I went to Vegas for my nephew's wedding. I was out of the hotel room early in the day and by 3 pm, I was coming back to my room and the hotel maid had just finished cleaning my room. I went in and dropped off somethings and plugged in my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. I took a look around and then walked out of the room, being sure to make sure the heavy door closed shut. When I returned to my room at 11 pm, my tablet was gone, along with the charger. I called the hotel security and they were very helpful and took a report. I have enjoyed staying at Harrah's, but, I'm not certain I will book another night with them. Its a little disconcerting to know that someone was able to get into my room and take something that didn't belong. So, what did I learn? Most rooms have safes, from now on, I will place ALL my valuables within the safe and not leave something charging (like my phone) when I'm not in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Hula324
Lewiston, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed here with my lady for four nights in March 2012. The location is perfect, right in the middle of the strip. The accommodations are fair, but good enough for basic sleeping quarters. We had a room overlooking the strip, which was nice. Beautiful view of the mountains as well.

Smoke doesn't normally bother us, but it was a little overwhelming in the casino. Not that everyone was chain smoking, but they can't seem to get the smell out at all. If you are overly sensitive to cigarette smoke, you might want to find another location.

Staff was very courteous and helpful, room was good sized and well-maintained, beds were soft and comfy. Had one issue with the TV remote when we checked in (dead battery), and a maintenance guy brought a new one up within ten minutes. Not that I went to Vegas to watch TV in my hotel room, but I need a little sportscenter at the start and end of my day.

Overall, it met our needs for a place to crash.

Room Tip: We told the lady at the check-in that we were celebrating our engagement and she upgraded us to a su...
1 Thank Brian H