“Stayed for Our Honeymoon”
Review of Harrah's Las Vegas

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #93 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I had done ALOT of reading and research when booking our stay in vegas for a week and I found Harrah's it seems like it was a nice place center strip and a great price as I got or whole weeks stay 8/12 to 8/17 for a total of 141.50 and that included tax. After I had booked it i found this site and started reading the reviews and read then every couple weeks till the day we left and I started getting worried i booked us a dive or maybe should have paid a little more for somewhere else because there were some bad stories on here of some peoples stays here at Harrah's.

WOW was I wrong this was honestly a great place to stay and they have found a customer for life. We had some fun fun well we were there!!! To start with check in.. We got to Harrah's at around 9pm. there were about 4 people in front of us and people at each check in deskthere were three open. we got through the line very fast i would say maybe 5 minutes at most. We were greeted with a friendly smile and a welcome to Harrahs how can I help you. We chated well she was checking us in and she asked what are plans were well we were there and we told her is was our honeymoon and she was very excited for us and said congats ( we have just a basic room we didnt need anything fancy) and she said hold on a second I am getting you guys a better room with a strip view so we were upgraded for free to a luxury room with a great view when i was booking rooms that room for almost 200 dollars more for our stay so i went with a cheaper room. Needless to say we were very happy with that and we gave her a nice tip for being so kind to us. so check in was very pleasent .

I didnt notice the issues that people have said on here about it being overly smokey or anything like that my responce to those comments are you are in Vegas they smoke everywhere you know that so get over it if you dont like it dont go to Vegas.

It is a nice hotel i was pleased with the room nothing super over the top fancy wise but not a dive at all i would say your noraml marriott which is nice.

the homekeeping was on our for atleast three times a day and was alway ready to help you if you needed anything. Cocktail girls were pretty friendly as well they were very good at coming around making sure you didnt need more drinks i would say about every 15 to 20 minutes and that was pretty fast seeing as the casino floor was very busy..

all in all every staff memeber that we seen or talked to were very friendly and never felt like i was putting them out if i need to ask them something.

they had alot of places to eat there abd we ate at a few places flovors was good KGB was awesome The Cafe' is foor for late night food to munch on nothing fancy there.

So in short this was a amazing place with a great staffing team and I thank them for making our stay there something to remember. I dont know what others are talking about with the negative reviews. Maybe they were rude to the staff there and got what they deserved and were treated the say way as they treat the staff member i dont know.. I never write reviews on anything but felt i needed to because this was a great stay and great trip!!!!

ps the pictures are a view from our room

6  Thank Tommy F

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Think I might have found my new "go-to" hotel in Vegas. I travel to Vegas a couple of times a year (every 2-4 months) so I've stayed at quite a few of the hotels on the strip. If you expect your hotels to look like the Bellagio or one of the newer City Centre hotels then don't book a room here. It's one of the older hotels on the strip and yes you can tell. BUT, the rooms are more then satisfactory. I was in the Carnival tower (which I think is newer then the Mardi Gras tower) and had no problem with look or the cleanliness of the room. Was on the 27th floor and had a nice view of the Mirage and it's volcanoe. Also, you can't beat the location, right in the centre of the strip. I also loved how I could just walk downstairs to the Piano Bar and Carnaval Court which are 2 of my favorite spots on the strips...I always have a good time when I'm @ one of these places. Can't comment on the food as we never had a meal in the hotel. A tip for the coffee lovers: there are 2 Starbucks in the hotel...one right outside the elevators and one on the second floor. The one on the 2nd floor is never busy, maybe 'cause no one knows it's there. Check in was fine, hardly a line, but then again we got there @ 7pm on a Monday. When I first booked this room I came on here to read reviews and one of the things that had me worried were a couple of reviews that said the A/C was motion sensored. Not sure if the motion sensored A/C's are in the Mardi Gras towers only or if we were just lucky, but ours was on for 3 full days and never turned off. If there was one "bad" thing about the room it was whenever you would flush the toilet. I've never heard a hotel toilet flush so loud before. I would be asleep and would actually wake up when someone else in the room would go to the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Joflowi
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have stayed at Harrah's twice now and it is a great hotel if you're on a budget. It's very clean everywhere (rooms, pool area, casino, bathrooms) and I always received good to great service. It would be nice if the pool was updated a little - the lounges and chairs were a little sagging, the water didn't look too clean, and more shade options would be nice - but I really can't complain about anything for what I paid.

1  Thank kelownafan2011
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I liked Harrah's fun atmosphere inside and the outside bar was alot of fun too. The live music out there is great! The musician's get the crowd involved and the bar tenders are very entertaining. The room was clean and neat. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Whitney W
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel is old, smoke filled, and not clean. Checking in took over 45 minutes because of the long lines and very few front desk staff. Once you walk through the front door all you smell is smoke. The place has low ceilings and poor ventilation.

When we got to our room, it smelled like smoke and it wasn't clean. The toilet bowl was loose and moved around and the place just stunk.

Forget customer service, they don't care due to high volume...this place is about moving people in and out and making money....nothing else. Forget it if you want any normal level of customer service or if you don't like smoke.

3  Thank Richardr285
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I searched through what seems like all of the hotels in Vegas before deciding on Harrah's mainly because of value and location. Looking back on my girlfriend and I's stay I can't think of a better location. Between the bigger places such as Venitian, Caesars, Flamingos, Bellagio, Paris, and so on is an affordable place to see it all from.
There is some construction on the Imperial Hotel next door which confused me a bit in finding the parking entrance to the Hotel. When I found the entrance from the strip and the seven (I think) story car garage we left the car for the two days we were there. We checked in early. I had read it would require a fee of 25 dollars plus taxes but after a drive through Death Valley in August you don't care. In some way the early check-in ended up costing 11 dollars.
The pool isn't huge for a hotel this size and it was pretty full. But for a quick cool off it worked well. The poolchairs are limited around the pool but continue past the bar and find additional seating. It is though a hot plate in vegas so we couldn't stay in the sun for hours.
Our early check-in gave us a room with two kingsize beds and the room was huge for two persons. We found it really quiet as we were overlooking a roof with some sunchairs on it. We stayed in the Carnival Tower for two nights and had absolutely no complaints. I could though see how some could be annoyed by the sound of the outdoor bar which I believe the Mardi Gras Tower had some rooms facing.
We did think the gym was included but were told it was 20 dollars each. We opted not to do that.

Two nights for less than 80 dollars and in the middle of everything in Vegas - We couldn't find a deal to match it.

We both enrolled in the Total Rewards club which Harrah's is a part of. You get 10 dollars on your card when you sign up, which can be used for food. It does take 3 days for them to put the money on the card (we only stayed two days) so maybe enroll before heading to Vegas if your situation is the same and if it a possibility. We were told the you get comped 1 dollar for each 100 dollars you gamble - not being a highroller we didn't get to use that. The Total Rewards club did offer a coupon book that included 5 dollars per persons voucher for the Imperal that could be used for the slot machines. That could basically do your fix if you just want to try sitting at a slot machine in vegas and we managed to get free drinks while losing our 5 dollars.

5  Thank Travel_relax_10
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My friends and I celebrated our 40th birthday in Vegas and we stayed at Harrah's. I must say it really needs an update. It is an average strip hotel, but the location is perfect. It is in the middle of the strip which makes for an ideal location. My friend gets free rooms and lots of perks from Harrah's so I really can't complain. The staff treated us so well. There were birthday cards in the room when we got there, the next night they had cupcakes for us. The service really was excellent. We also went to the Spa and the service was top notch there as well. Overall, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends