“Location Can't Be Beat”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatchewan, Canada
“Location Can't Be Beat”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Great place for a central location on the strip. The hotel is older but offers comfy rooms adequate for the amount of time spent in room. The only negative comment is the carpets were in bad need of replacing with that "grungy" look they get when old and worn out!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,679)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Being my first time in Las Vegas, I wanted to stay in a well located hotel on The Strip. I took a chance on Harrah´s thinking that its low price was an indicator of a possible bad stay. Thank God I took that chance! The Hotel is BIG, as all others in Las Vegas, the walk from the Lobby to the strip is a long one, but not as long as the ones in more expensive hotels. The room was average, nice comfy beds, TV, two chairs, a desk, a table and an ironing board (and iron!). The A/C worked well, everything was clean. The bathroom was adequate, nothing fancy but really clean and bright.

You have the option to go eat the buffet at the hotel´s restaurant, or the "famous" KGB burgers (expensive) and some other dining places in the lobby. If you are on a budget, just walk out of the restaurant and to the adjacent McDonald´s or Denny´s. If you are planning on going to Denny´s, go early, there is always a line.

The Hotel as a basic casino on the Lobby, again nothing fancy, where you can play for pennies or if you have the dough, there is a VIP section for serious gamblers.

The best quality by far is its location. It´s smack in the middle of The Strip and you have walking access to everything. Not only that, the hotel has a metro station on the back! What else can you ask for?

All in all I would recommend this hotel. It is cheap and average, but what else do you need? Are you going to Las Vegas to stay in the hotel? If you are on a budget and don´t mind an average (but comfortable) stay, I heartily recommend Harrah´s Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor, the view on the lower ones is awful.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Miauser
Ashland City
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Used points for a free room. Hard to complain about that. Here's the good, bad and ugly.
Good: Great location. Middle of the strip. Recommend going next door to Casino Royal.
The have $1 bottle beers. Not forced to gamble to get a drink
On our 2nd day we bought the 24 hour buffet package. Great deal. It's $49 bucks and they have 5 buffet locations to pick from. Harrah's Flavors, Flamingo (Avoid), PH Spice Market (GOOD), Paris and RIO (AWESOME) The food was awesome. Your time starts when you purchase your first buffet. You must have a total reward card.

Bad: Took a bit for servers to bring a drink and they didn't pass too often. And yes, I did tip everytime.

Ugly: This hotel is showing some age. Little things like rips in the carpet and marks on the walls. No big deal (the room was free after all) But with so many other properties to choose from they need to up the game a bit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Everything at Harrah's was very average. Girl who checked me in was just there to do her job. No smile, just went about her job. Rate was pretty high for this property, but it was a busy night in town so I understood. Booked a strip view, and half of my view was of a wall and the other was a a partially obstructed view of the strip.. Not worth the additional money to get this view. Room was average. Nothing great, but not bad. So up until now just very average. Then upon departure.. First I'm on the phone for 10 minutes to get a bellman. Then it takes 20 minutes for this bellman to get to the room.. I get it, its a big property and a busy day. Bellman gets to the room, and she watches me load up the entire cart. Did not offer to pick up 1 item. She might as well have dropped the cart off and allowed me to bring it down myself. I tipped her $3 which is far less then I usually wold tip my bellman, but I assure you that she deserved $0. I also called down for my car in valet. They asked how long it would take me to get there in which I replied 5 minutes. 10 minutes later when I got down there I had to wait 10 minutes to get my car.... Again I get it, big property and busy day.. but 25 minutes to get my car? 20 minutes to get a bellman? And on top of the wait not one employee that I encountered smiled once. CHEER UP AND EARN YOUR TIPS!

I stayed ar Rio a couple weeks ago... MISERABLE SERVICE.. so I stayed at Harrahs on this trip and recieved the same service..... starting to thing this is a Ceasars challenge --- Might have to start looking to MGM at this point

Room Tip: dont pay the additional charge for the strip room.. Its not worth it. Just book the cheapest availab...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BCROOKS
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
We are sorry to hear that the service you experienced on your recent visit failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured your comments will be shared with our management. We hope you will allow us to serve you again in the future, so you can experience the truly great service we are capable of providing.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed at Harrah's from 1/17-1/20. Overall it did not live up to my expectations of a hotel located on the Las Vegas strip. I stayed in two different rooms - one was a regular room, and halfway through my stay I was upgraded to a suite.

Pros:
1. Location: very conveniently located on the strip with a bus stop right outside the main doors. It was easy to either walk or take the bus to restaurants and other casinos.
2. Price: inexpensive for where it is located. However, they charge a resort fee which covers internet service you may or may not get. More about that in the 'cons' section.

Cons:
1. The casino was very smoky. The hotel did not seem to have adequate ventilation. However, to be fair many casinos in older hotels in Vegas are like this.
2. The bathrooms in both rooms I stayed in did not have ventilation fans. In the smaller room there was a strong mildew smell, particularly after showering, and the room overall felt musty. The suite was slightly better (the air had more room to circulate) but with no fan the mirrors still fogged up substantially.
3. The smaller room was located directly above a large outside bar that played loud music into the night. When I went to sleep I had to wear earplugs. This was resolved when I upgraded to the suite as it was in a different part of the hotel.
4. Sloppy housekeeping - the toilets were not cleaned daily, and facial tissues were not filled in when they ran out. Housekeeping seemed rushed and not thorough.
5. Internet access issues. My mom had a Kindle Fire eReader and wanted to use wireless internet - however we were told that the room we were in did not have wireless internet (it was an ethernet cable coming out of the wall). We asked to be moved to a suite on a floor with wireless internet, and when we were upgraded to the suite we were told that it would be available. This access was not wireless but once again the ethernet cable. Most modern devices do not even have the ability to use ethernet cables as this is outdated technology. Honestly I don't know what's worse, outdated technology or being lied to by the front desk. I called the front desk to complain and my call was rerouted three times - I was finally told by a nice gentleman in the internet services department that only floors 30-35 had wireless internet, and the floor we were on (29) did not. When we checked out, we asked that the resort fee be refunded from our bill since we did not get the services we paid for. We were given a partial refund. I was told by one of the staff that this is a frequent compliant by guests.

Overall I don't recommend this hotel. It's cheap for a reason, but only if mediocre is good enough.

Room Tip: Go for the Carnival tower, the rooms are quieter in than in the Mardi Gras tower.
Green Features: No recycling or composting in the rooms or in the restaurants that I could see.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kari L
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The rooms were older style as well as everything else about the building but if you want a nice place to stay at a low price this is your place! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the slots were paying out unlike some others we went to. The food in every restaurant was great and good prices. Our room didn't have a great view but that's ok we didn't spend much time in the room because we were having fun all over Vegas. Don't overlook this place because of it's age, it's well maintained and again, very friendly. A good value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the strip unless you want to see the strip but it's very noisy. A room...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mcgiveral
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

What a great value hotel. Vegas can be a bit daunting for first timers. I've been there 4 times and stayed at Harrah's twice. Get a players card, you'll be compensated the next time you go back, i was really looked after.

The rooms aren't overly luxurious, however, beds are comfy, the TV is on a swivel so you can view it from all angles. The air works very well. The hotel is very peaceful, as far as corridor noise goes, you hardly hear a thing.

You're located in the best part of Las Vegas, opposite all the best clubs, restaurants, hotels, clubs, food courts, fashion mall etc.

Save your money for shopping and the tables, you don;t need to stay anywhere else, I'll definitely be back there again. My only peeve is, now they charge an $18 per day resort fee, which is a bit unfortunate and makes it a little less competitive as it used to be.

This year i gambled less, met the love of my life and we shacked up in the Harrah's room, quite romantic lol

Room Tip: Be nice to staff and they'll look after you, remember to tip them, it's only fair!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo