“Harrahs Las Vegas”

Harrah's Las Vegas
Ranked #91 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Fair, comfortable, mid-strip which makes the location ideal. Older hotel but is being upgraded and will be very nice once completed. It would be nice to have an inroom coffee maker instead of having to go to Starbucks and paying $4 for a cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Higher floors are upgraded - so if you can afford it, upgrade.
1  Thank SSSoph
TotalService, Specialist Matt at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for the feedback! We are pleased you found our location ideal and that you enjoyed the coffeemaker in your room! We hope you will be back again very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (19,414)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

All dealers are helpful. Every single employee Friendly, friendly make sure you visit mezzanine where you can get fantastic ice cream at Ice Pan. Andy and Angela are FUN . Play Crazy 4 Poker at tables.

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
TotalService, Specialist Tiffany at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thanks for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Love Vegas,love to gamble,do a show and just relax at the pool.

Service is good,we always stay at Harrahs hotel.
It is on the strip and everything is within walking distance you don't have to drive anywhere. Good shows at the Flamingo

Room Tip: Get a strip view!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for the review. We're glad you enjoyed our location and found the hotel to be a good value. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I don’t even know where to begin. I stayed at this hotel on July 8th-July 15th and had two rooms. After waiting in line I was finally taken care of by a supervisor who was not l friendly and told me they didn’t have two nonsmoking rooms (like I had booked) until tomorrow, but they could put both of my rooms on the same floor (how accommodating – NOT !). I thought to myself no big deal I’ll just deal with it as the casinos allow smoking anyways. We get to our rooms and the rooms are clean , but I go to grab dinner and come back and my key-card no longer works (other room I had was fine)… Back to the front desk, I wait in line again (15 minutes) and they re-issue my key cards and don’t even say “sorry”…. Get to my room, and guess what, my key cards don’t work ! Back downstairs again, this time I skip the line as my patience is extremely thin (people giving me the evil eye as I do this)…. I am told they will have engineering swing by in 5 minutes. He does show up, as he’s at my door two other guests are complaining to him , ones guys key card doesn't work and one lady says her AC is smelling…. He tells me this is going to be a while, an hour goes by and he finally gets into my room with another engineer and changes my lock and apologizes and says someone will be up with my new key cards in 5 minutes… 45 minutes goes by and of course they don’t, so I try to make a call on my phone (doesn’t work) so I have to go back downstairs again! As I have already set this precedent I skip the line again (more evil eyes of death given) and they have no idea about anyone bringing me key cards, and of course, don’t say sorry… I finally get key cards, go upstairs (fingers crossed fingers crossed) and the door opens ! About an hour goes by, and hotel security comes knocking on my door and says I am making too much noise ! I explain to them that I have been at this hotel for about 4 hours and I have been in my room alone for maybe one hour and how do they have the nerve to say I am making any noise? I asked who complained and they said they honestly had no idea, and had no idea when the complaint was filed.. I explained the key card situation/lock issue and they realized that I was not the one to blame (it was my drugged out neighbor)…

The next day I wake up, go downstairs to grab a coffee and come upstairs and guess what? Yep you got it, the key card doesn’t work….. Back downstairs again, this time I ask for a new room, and I got my first sorry (from the front desk) they move me to a different tower….I get one of my buddies to come help with the move (hes in the working room), and get to my new room and its only ONE BED ! I had 2 beds in my other and my other buddy is coming today, so I lugged everything to my new room only to be forced back to the FRONT DESK – AGAIN !!! I get down there and demand a manager, who was very friendly and got me a new room, and it actually had two beds… Since I moved towers my other friends moved as well, but of course we couldn't be on the same floor because they didn't have two on the same floor My buddy who was in the working room originally gets to his new room and the AC is not working. They send an engineer up and he fixes it, and 3 days later it breaks again…. I made it a point not to gamble/eat at this hotel after all of these issues and never will in the future either. I also feel like I was over charged by about $40 per room after taxes (I was in rooms M1236 and M1036), but they make the receipts so confusing (probably because of room switches) that I can’t figure out the math, and I know if I called the hotel my blood would start to boil instantly.

I will make it a point to never stay at this hotel again, or any other hotel that is owned by this hotel group… Instead of tearing down Bills Gambling Hall they should tear this casino down, and lay off the entire front desk staff.... Where is Gordon Ramsey when you need him?

5  Thank Dave3888

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. Your business is truly appreciated and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the near future

Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are looking for a inexpensive hotel on the strip this is the one to choose.
It is in the middle of the strip, if you don't have a car and want to walk this is the place to be. Easy early check in for Rewards members.

The rooms are comfortable and if you get a room on the back side of the hotel you can see the new high.

The property staff is always willing to help.
One negative is no wifi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
TotalService, Specialist Tiffany at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Over all experience was good. The room was big and clean only lacking electrical outlets near the bed. Location of hotel is good allowing easy access to the strip. Enjoyed the hotel pool just needs a few more chairs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I appreciate the customer service at Harrahs. It makes me want to return. All service is great. The housekeeping service does a great job. The only area that could use work is the Room Service. I was disappointed that it shuts down at night now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thank you for your feedback. While we are delighted that you enjoyed your overall visit, we are sorry for the disappointment in room service during your stay. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!