“Very Pleased”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Prescott
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great place to play, great slot variety and lots of table games to choose from.
Great location on the strip, close to several of the other major casinos.
All the staff was very helpful and friendly.
Rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

1 Thank Judy S
TotalService, Specialist Matt at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are delighted you liked our central location on the Las Vegas Strip and gaming variety! We hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,790)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Other than taking a while to check in, my four night stay was very pleasant. Rooms are nice, relatively quiet from hall noise and clean. The gym is quite nice and is covered under the resort fee and had everything I needed for a good workout. I did not use the pool, but it looked very functional and large.

Room Tip: I don't believe there is any difference in where the rooms are.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit! We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are elated you liked your room and our gym! We can't wait to welcome you back again sometime in the near future!
New Paltz
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Harrah's in 2011 and had a good experience so we decided to stay here again in July 2014. The hotel is undergoing lots of improvements so there are some walled off areas but don't let that bother you...it is the same way in MOST of the other casinos as well. We stayed in the Mardi Gras tower on the 11th floor with a balcony overlooking the pool..very cool and neat to see the High Roller from our room at night. Our room was exactly the same as last time with two flat screen TVs, a coffee pot yeah!!!!!, and a king size bed. ..nice room...nice room service and front of the house experience. I really need my coffee in the am so my splurge was room service pot of coffee every day before we went to breakfast. I wish that I had not stuffed myself every day eating out all three meals...If I could do it again I'd get a yogurt, banana, and muffin from the shop in the lobby and have that for breakfast instead to save room for terrific meals at KGB...try the salads and the BBQ sloppy Joe sandwich....and the fried Mac and cheese sticks...yummy!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the Mardi Gras tower looking over the pool for the view and to people watch!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewPaltzNewyorker
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit! We are elated you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We are thrilled you liked your room, our central location, and the food (we recommend KGB to everyone!) We hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future!
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Hubby and I decided on another trip to Las Vegas. I know nothing new.

Since visiting every hotel on the strip is on our bucket list and since we go four to five times a year we decided to add a new one to our already growing list.

Enter Harrahs. First we hit registration and the registration lobby is so small people were just bumping into each other you cannot tell what line was what so hubby and I stayed at two different lines and the first one that got to the front first gets us in. They also run the air very low so you feel like a herd of cattle penned up in a small space. This isn't going to be good.

As we approached our room and walked over tattered carpeting and wallpaper that has been patched too many times inappropriately we realized just how old this hotel was. However, old isn't the issue. Lack of proper maintenance is.

We had signed up for a king bed but when we got there even though it was after 4 o'clock we were told we would have to wait another half an hour if we wanted a king bed so we opted for a room with two queens. The last thing you want to hear after driving five hours is your room is not ready even though it's supposed to be ready and where were we going to wait anyway? The reception area was already over crowded by all the other people who were waiting for rooms.

It doesn't stop there. We entered our room and the water in the tub was leaking. There was no way to shut it off but we decided not to call anyone because we were just so tired and wanted to relax. Just look at that curtain! I haven't seen anything like that in 20 years probably more.

Then, you know how everybody has a mini fridge that you could use or not use of your own choosing right?

This place gives you a big empty box with a sign on it and tells u to call a number if u want the minibar. Ok maybe they don't want the kids in there but taking the kids to Harry's is not the brainiest of ideas to begin with.

As I sit on the very stiff bed listening to the water dripping in the bathroom I say to myself perhaps we need to rethink the bucket list. With popcorn ceilings and old furnishings we sat back and wondered well just how much time do you spend in the room in Vegas anyway? Is there anything we wouldn't do in an old room that we would do in a brand-new room? Probably not. But that's us because we roll with the punches. After all, neither my husband or I was born with a silver spoon in our mouths.

So we sucked it up and decided for the price we were paying here we could enjoy better restaurants and have more money to spend on gaming which is exactly what we planned on doing.

I suppose I could complain about just anything since I'm such a traveling princess these days. While Harrah's might not be a place to spend on your honeymoon because it doesn't have that true romantic feel it certainly is a place you can stay at to kick back in Vegas. With Caesar's Palace across the street and Bally's and Paris not too far away there are opportunities to walk to other places that you don't always get to walk to in some of the other hotels. It's a shame it's poorly maintained because it is in a great location but the issues don't stop on esthetics.

We never called the first night about the water. So naturally we assumed the next day when the maid came to clean the room she would notice it and make the call. We got that one wrong too.

In the three nights that we spent there the maid never bothered calling in the leak.

The first time we left the hotel and returned I was shocked to see how warm the room was. After all it was 110° out.
Well apparently they have a system that shuts the air off when you leave and kicks on when you enter and it says on its notice it takes 30 minutes before the room will cool off. Come on Harrah's give us a break. It is hot as hell out there and you decide to turn the air off until we return and then it takes a half an hour because the system is so old it needs to crank itself up?

The resort fee is a joke. Another way Vegas makes money and Harrah's is no exception. The only problem is their so-called included Internet does not work at all. Well not unless you want to wait five minutes for a screen page to load. Seriously, whoever owns this property really needs to do some work.

Look, we got in on a deal and so we decided to go - great. But I would not pay regular price for this place in anyway shape or form. It's a shame because of the wonderful location. One redeeming fact is that they have a restaurant called the oyster bar located on the casino floor. Well worth the trip because we found another great place to eat.

Not too much bothers us when we go on vacation. We found other ways to have a great time. One of the things we did was take the monorail which stops directly in back of the Harrah's. Yeah, we took that to other places LOL. We would also walk to MGM and then monorail back to our hotel which gave us plenty of exercise.

Look, I'm everything Vegas but it's important to know these things before you travel. In fact we are going back to Vegas next month and had made reservations for two rooms at Harrahs but decided to cancel. Since we are taking our son and his girlfriend, we realized that my son would not be able to tolerate the heat because of his condition and it would not be an acceptable place to spend the weekend.

You will hear all about that hotel next month! Happy traveling!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Joanne I
Thanks for the comment! We are pleased you enjoyed yourself in general, though we regret you experienced several inconveniences during your stay. We are sorry for missing the mark, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the near future!
Bolingbrook
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Not much more I can say other than I had very good and memorable time. The staff was very helpful and knew what it was that I was asking for. Having such a great trip I will be back as soon as I can get away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

2 Thank Ralph C
TotalService, Specialist Tiffany at Harrah's Las Vegas, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks for your review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff! We hope to see you again soon!
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I went to Vegas for the standard working vacation. i had a conference during the day and brought my girlfriend. I'm a regular in Vegas, but had never stayed at Harrah's before. Overall, we were pretty happy. The only issue was that the first room that we checked into was right beside where they were doing new construction. We asked for another room and the front desk was very helpful. Since we took the cheapest rate, we were in a typical clean place to keep your stuff" room. That was fine for us and we even had a little view of the strip. At one point, our AC stopped working, but they sent a technician who fixed it within a few minutes.

The location of the hotel is really good if you want to access to everything on the strip.

The pool is small but nice. They are adding on to it I think. i would recommend the hotel, but if you are traveling this summer, make sure you get a room away from the new construction.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed M
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. We look forward to seeing you back again very soon!
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms and bed good but go across street to Mirage to eat and play. Black jack they pay 6 to 5 instead of the normal 3 to 1 and can't call even money if dealer has ace showing. No place to get late breakfast waited in line at KGB for 30 minutes at 10am only to told when it was my turn next they were closing come back at noon. No whee else on property to eat other than Buffet.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize for your disappointing experiences during your stay. We value our guests and strive to make each stay a memorable one, it sounds as though we fell short. We would love to welcome you back and correct any negative impressions you were left with.