We stayed in the Westin this past weekends (Friday and Saturday night). We are starwood preferred guests and regularly stay at Westins. I'm rating it poor because it's a Westin and I have higher expectations for that upscale brand. If this were a Four Points Sheraton I would have rated it as average.
LOCATION. Good..close enough to the strip, but away from the craziness of it. It's about 2 blocks from the strip
HAPPY HOUR. Hotel offers a complimentary happy hour with beer and wine nightly.
RECEPTION. For the most part, the staff was very friendly and service oriented. We were initially pleased at reception because we were upgraded to the 17th floor. But as you can see below, they didn't manage complaints well.
SMELL. The hotel has a lot of really bad smells. Not sure what is going on here. The lobby/bar/casino area had an odd smell both days. It was a rotten egg / sulfur smell. It was so bad at the bar we had to move to the lobby seating area where it was slightly less offensive. The 17th floor smelled like sewage. The smell hit us anytime we walked out of our room. Our friends on the 16th floor didn't have this problem. And then our room reeked of body odor. At first we thought it was the cleaning staff who had just vacated it. But this smell lingered the entire stay. It was right out of the Seinfeld smelly car episode. We talked with a staff member on Saturday about the smell in the lobby and they denied that there was any smell. On checkout we mentioned the bad smelling room, and the desk guy was very dismissive.
FURNISHINGS. The room furnishings are good, but the lobby furniture is in pretty bad condition. We sat in the sofas with our drinks (because the bar area was too smelly) and couldn't believe how dirty and ragged the furniture was. It seriously looked like sofas that you pulled from a college frat house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino & Spa is located 1.5 Blocks east of the famous Las Vegas Strip, Forum Shops, Miracle Mile, the LINQ & High Roller observation wheel, World Market and Premium outlet mall. Just minutes to Las Vegas Convention and Sands Expo Centers, UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa