“Run down and poor service”

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #94 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Westins are usually well appointed and upscale. This Westin needs a makeover. Not only in the common areas, but in the service department as well.

There is tape covering holes in the carpet and basically most areas are in need of a make over. The beds are comfortable, but it is definitely not as nice as any other Westin I've ever stayed at.

The service is also poor. I was accosted by the Valet who told me that a spot I parked in was a "valet" spot and I would have to pay to park there. There were several spots that were marked valet and this spot was not.

I complained to the manager who offered me star points.

I should have stayed somewhere else, as I paid the same price as I would have anywhere else. The Hilton is across the street and a much better property.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank family-fun-Five2013
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

We appreciate the time you have taken to make us aware of the issue you had with a member of our valet team and we regret any inconveniences you may have experienced. Your comments allow us to pinpoint areas in which we can make improvements and create a better experience for our future guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that the next time you are visiting Vegas you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,545)

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin for business and found it to be much better than the strip casinos. Easy access location to everything, rooms were clean and staff were friendly. Enjoyed the smaller quaint hotel vs. The large casinos on the strip.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Valerie H
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent business trip to Las Vegas. It was nice to know that you found our hotel to be of good value and that you enjoyed our convenient location to the Strip. The next time you are visiting the area, whether for business or for leisure, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were very disappointed with the service at this hotel. I quite often stay at Westin hotels and always happy with "Westin experience".

Front desk agent who checked us in (Asian lady) was very cute and helpful. We went to the concierge desk to ask how to get to the outlet mall which should be one of the most popular things to do (at least for girls).... she didn't know anything, nothing and not even trying to look it up.

Our room was smelly when we walked in and an in-room dining menu was broken (clearly been ignored). Bedding sheets were old and not fresh and a bathroom was not cleaned at all. We could see some "missed" urine on the floor.

We had an issue with the restaurant charge, so visited the front desk and she was pretty rude and no effort into resolving the issue. So we went to the restaurant and they engaged they would fix the issue but nothing happened and nothing was communicated next day. Naturally, I was frustrated and a manager at the front desk (I guess) seemed very careless towards what had happened and why we were annoyed.

Anyway, only reason I gave 2 out of 5 is the casino. I know it's not owned by the hotel but dealers were very friendly and great casino for beginners!

We will definitely go back to the casino, but the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jojo1015
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Although we appreciate the positive remarks regarding our Casino, it was disappointing to hear that your stay with us was not as anticipated. Your feedback is appreciated.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

It is a decent hotel but I will prefer to stay in another hotel next time .....due to following reasons:
1.) Front Desk staff is typically polite but seemed unhelpful at times ...Once I forgot my room keys and passport in room and I was made to wait for 20 minutes for something as basic as sending a security to check my credentials ....
2.) DO NOT DINE in the Hotel ! I had dinner at Westin and the staff added a few dollars extra to my bill which is typically charged for In room dining ...I had to talk to 2 managers to get this issue rectified ..I do not care about few extra dollars but I think it was unethical on Staff's part to add a tip or any other irrelevant charge without my consent ...

PROS :
1.) Rooms are nice and I got a nice view from room
2.) It is not located on the Strip but you can walk for 10 minutes to reach there .. it is nearby ..
3.) Concierge facilities are nice...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Abhishek S

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are committed to providing our guests with superior service to ensure that their visit is the best it can be. It was disappointing to learn that your stay was not as you had hoped and we apologize for any inconveniences caused by the delay to get back into your room. Your comments have been forwarded to our management team so that they can be addressed. We hope that one day you will return so that we can provide you with a stay that exceeds all your expectations.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Looking for a relaxing stay in LV and convenient access to small-scale Casino? Look no further. This is the first time I have stayed at this property and the first time at a Westin that I can remember. I was duly impressed with the service, the cleanliness, and the convenience of this hotel. I didn't need to venture out much because it had most of what I was looking for. However, if I felt the urge to experience the LV strip, it was a short walk to the heart of it. It was a short stay but, while there, I took advantage of quite a bit of what the hotel had to offer with respect to food, exercise, and Casino and I was very satisfied. I would not hesitate in returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Join SPG for room upgrade potential and amenities.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Yatter

We are delighted you had the opportunity to stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. We are happy to learn that your first visit with us was great and we look forward to sharing your positive experience with our team. Our central location makes it easy to explore the area attractions yet offers a serene place for our guests to rest their heads at night. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Friendly staff, Clean, off the strip, but close enough to walk, comfortable beds, GREAT WATER pressure in the shower! My only complaint is that the elevator button on the 11th floor always shocks you, like it's not grounded or something.
It's a pretty quite hotel compared to some of the others, also they do not allow smoking in the rooms, so for me that is nice. The pool area is so relaxing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where you can see the "High Roller" Great view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We couldn't be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. It’s great to hear that the comfort and outstanding location of our hotel provided you with just what you needed during your visit. Your comments about the elevator have been forwarded to our maintenance team so that they can be addressed. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am an SPG Gold member so we did get a room on the top floor reserved for Starwood preferred guest members. It's a nice room, but nothing that blows me away. It was a one night stay for a show, so given I got a sat check in and one night stay I am pleased. Comfy and clean enough, and a little rubber lucky as a amenity was a nice touch!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. As a SPG Gold member, we greatly value your feedback. It was nice to know that you appreciated your top floor accommodations and found our Westin Ducks to be a nice added touch. Your loyalty is appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vegas.