“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edina, Minnesota
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I attended a conference at the Westin in May 2014, the rooms were great, service amazing and overall experience very good. The setup of casino, bar and restaurant were very accommodating, having a 24 hour Starbuck just made the stay even better.

The rooms were very welcoming, staff friendly, helpful and informative. I will be coming back next time in Vegas and recommend the Westin to anyone looking for a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Choose this place for your trip
Green Features: Very green, without even knowing it, I even received five dollar coupon for making the right choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa during your conference. It is always our pleasure to provide all of our guests with exceptional service, comfortable accommodations and a variety of great amenities to ensure their stay with us is memorable. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Its the Weston, you know what to expect. What we liked about it most was that it was one block off The Strip but in the center of The Strip also. Made it easy for going either way. Met some friendly people at the pool. The casino is small but has everything you want and need. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. We are thrilled that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Las Vegas.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at the Las Vegas Westin - the staff and the facilities were just perfect in every way! Very impressive rooms and everything was immaculate. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had beautiful soap in the shape of leaves, and it had a comfy bathrobe and a set of scales which were weighing me at about 8 pounds less than I weighed at home! That was a very nice treat!!

Room Tip: I really liked the quiet A/C in my 4th floor room - amazing how cool but quiet it was. Usually hote...
Green Features: Loved being able to choose not to have any maid service - but still they left me new Starbucks coffee to make in my room and a $5 gift certificate for their spa each day that I chose to not have the bed changed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the comfort of our Westin Heavenly® Beds and easy access to the Las Vegas Strip. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Las Vegas.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed in this hotel 15 times plus. I've always enjoyed my stay. The room service is always punctual. Rooms are always clean and the bathroom is very good! Breakfast is a must great and it's a fair price. Pool area is clean with a small bar jacuzzi is a real plus. The strip is 5 minute walk away easy and safe to do.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Welcome back! The greatest compliment we could receive is that a guest decides to return based on what we feel are the highlights of staying at Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino & Spa. We can’t thank you enough for your continued loyalty and we look forward to your next stay.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Being a preferred member allowed me to get my preferred floor and a room away from the elevator. Late check was also very helpful. The room was nice and very clean. the hotel cleaning staff were fantastic and efficient. There was a conference going on which was a but annoying as the hotel lobby was always crowded.

Didn't get a chance to visit the pool or spa, will try on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa. It meant a lot to us that you mentioned how accommodating and how responsive our staff was to your needs. Although you didn’t get a chance to experience our Sparkling Vegas Pool, we are happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Las Vegas.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The downside to this hotel is that it's not on the strip.... the upside to this hotel is that it's not on the strip.

It's probably an odd thing to say about somewhere like Vegas, but one of the things this hotel has going for it is that its fairly quiet and efficient.

No queue for check-in, no queues for taxis, quick and easy to get to your room, a good breakfast buffet, plus they still have a casino. Having stayed on the strip before, the downside is that they are huge hotels with lots of guests, so you often end up spending a lot of time queuing for things and perhaps feel less valued as a guest.

I personally felt that the walk to the strip was actually not much of a bother, infact you typically spent more time waiting at the intersection crossing than you do walking. You are in easy reach of the big strip hotels, where likely you will probably spend a lot of the day anyway.

I stayed on floor just below that of the top, the rooms were functional, nothing particularly special to say about them.

Only negatives I can think to air were that the clothes iron in my room didn't work, I asked for a replacement which they provided but it barely worked either, so would have been nice if they checked. During my stay there was a leak into the main casino floor which I guess came from the swimming pool above. This is likely what caused an issue with the fire alarm to keep going off, which mean't staff wouldn't allow people up to their rooms. It also resulted in a large cordoned off area and extensive water removal from the carpets.

One night I returned to my room at roughly 1am to find that just a couple of doors down some members of staff looked to be doing checks on a room, as one was sat at the dresser with a notepad. They had the door wide open and were being quite loud, which isn't something you would typically expect to be the behavior of hotel staff during the night anywhere in the world.

Otherwise, all the staff I encountered were very courteous and friendly.

Overall though, as I said at the start of my review, the downside to this hotel is that you can't get past the nagging feeling that you are missing out by not being in one of the big strip hotels, as there isn't really anything special about the Westin, so it does feel a little like you are losing some of the magic of Vegas when you look at some of the places you could be staying in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard E
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Our hotel prides itself on providing a quiet retreat from the Vegas Strip. While we are thrilled that you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location, it was disappointing to hear that you were not happy with other areas of your stay. Unfortunately, at the time, we had some property issues which we are working on. This is not the first impression we aspire to make and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Vegas to experience all we have to offer.
Saint Johns, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Westins are usually well appointed and upscale. This Westin needs a makeover. Not only in the common areas, but in the service department as well.

There is tape covering holes in the carpet and basically most areas are in need of a make over. The beds are comfortable, but it is definitely not as nice as any other Westin I've ever stayed at.

The service is also poor. I was accosted by the Valet who told me that a spot I parked in was a "valet" spot and I would have to pay to park there. There were several spots that were marked valet and this spot was not.

I complained to the manager who offered me star points.

I should have stayed somewhere else, as I paid the same price as I would have anywhere else. The Hilton is across the street and a much better property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank family-fun-Five2013
We appreciate the time you have taken to make us aware of the issue you had with a member of our valet team and we regret any inconveniences you may have experienced. Your comments allow us to pinpoint areas in which we can make improvements and create a better experience for our future guests. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope that the next time you are visiting Vegas you will allow us the privilege of welcoming you back.