“Really Nice hotel”

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
Ranked #88 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel had a great bed and huge TV, although i never turned it on. Very nice and very close to the strip. It has a Starbucks and the Valet gave us bottled water when we left. I wish I had made it to the pool, it looked nice in the pictures. The hotel was very updated and clean.

Room Tip: I think a room on the side facing the Giant Ferris Wheel at the Linq would be better, but wonder if...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
WestinL, General Manager at The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your great review of your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. At our hotel, we furnish all of our guest rooms with our signature Westin Heavenly Beds to provide the ultimate luxury for our guests and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. It is our hope to welcome you back again for another stay so that you can experience our refreshing Vegas pool.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Ideally located in Vegas right next to the strip, fab service and welcoming and friendly staff.
Room was perfect, clean spacious and modern with all the amenities we could require. Happy hour was great with free wine,beer and taco's by the pool.
Casino down stairs was great chilled atmosphere and nice place to start off the night, John at the blackjack table was super helpful and fun!
Lovely place to stay if you can afford it, its a cheaper option then some of the other hotels out there but still great quality.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing north youll have a nice view of the other hotels on the stri like the venet...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aoise R

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be of good value and that you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our location. Your kind words about our staff are sincerely appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at the Westin for 2 nights in August 2014. The staff that we encountered were all very friendly. We were able to get into our room early which is always a bonus. The room was good size, clean and quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable. The wifi worked great. We went to the happy hour one of the nights which was great. Free beer, wine and a rum punch that night. They had tacos, chips and salsa, and a large veggie tray. We had no complaints and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. We are delighted that our friendly service, comfortable guestrooms and daily Happy Hour added to your positive stay. We’re happy to hear when a guest looks forward to returning and we look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you are looking for a place right off the strip without having to deal with the large casinos, this is your place. Great property in a great location at a reasonable price. And you get the Westin service and points!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. We are pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the rewards of being a SPG member. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Las Vegas.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I come through Las Vegas a few times a year, and have stayed on the strip a number of times. I was arriving back from working in northern Nevada, and had one night to stay. I chose this location because it was located a few minutes’ walk off the strip, and out of the Malay. On check in, I was pleasantly surprised with an additional 2000 Starwood points as a promotional. After a 2 minute check in, I went up to my 12th floor room, which was kind of cold (60F!), but adjusted the temp to 68F, no problem. The room was clean, but did show signs of wear. It had a nice flat screen TV, but limited channels, (No HBO). My room faced away from the strip and Ferris wheel, and was very quite. The Casino bar was very relaxed, and was not crazy like other on the strip locations, which was perfect, plus the bar tender gals, very friendly. It was walking distance to the 7-11, and the Ellis Island Casino & Brewery, which I truly enjoyed a good steak and a beer. The next morning, there were several taxis waiting for a 10 minute drive to the airport. All in all, exactly the experience I wanted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Ferris Wheel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

We couldn't be more pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overnight stay here. Your kind words for our staff and property are sincerely appreciated as this is the experience we expect to provide to our guests. We thank you for your great review and hope to welcome you back soon to the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Found the staff at this hotel to be incredibly helpful and friendly. We were travelling in an RV with our kids and a dog, and were completely accommodated -- we were directed to the back of the property and allowed to park across 4 spots with our RV, the pool area was both family and dog friendly (dog did not go in the pool, but was able to hang out on the deck with us) and the room we checked in to had a food and water bowl already set up when we arrived. The man who checked us in was incredibly friendly and helpful, even as he was having to simultaneously deal with a very rude guest. Will stay here next time I come through Vegas with family in tow!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino and Spa is a great option when traveling with your family and pup. We are located just one block from the Las Vegas Strip and offer a variety of on-site amenities the whole family can enjoy. We are happy to learn your customer service experiences with us was positive as this is how we expect all of our guests to feel while here. Thank you for sharing your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I recently was forced to stay here by my employer on my 9th visit to Las Vegas. I was initially not thrilled based on everything I've read as well as its location. Given that you can earn Starwood points by staying at Total Rewards hotels at the moment there isn't as much urgency to stay here.

The rooms were clean and a reasonable size. Similar style and amenities to the rest of the Westin chain. The rooms are not as sound proof as other hotels in Las Vegas or other Westins in general. There was a lot of loud patron noise and door slamming I heard throughout my stay. As far as temperature goes I found the experience similar to what another person wrote. When I arrived my thermostat was set to cool on 60 degrees with the actual room temp being 70 degrees. When I set it higher than 60 it simply shut off. Rather than investigate it further I just set it back and the room was comfortable despite the 100 degree temps outside.

Gym: Decent size for Vegas and I was never alone throughout my stay so it seems to be a popular amenity.

Taxi: There is occasionally a cab waiting at the hotel, but more often than not the guys out front had to wave them down. There was never more than one person in line so despite there not being a giant line of cabs on site it was actually faster than waiting in line at most casinos.

Location: When you are walking, the location is a tad cumbersome, especially when it 100+ degrees outside. Its fairly close to Ballys, The Cromwell, the Linq, etc, but it is off the strip. The flip side is its close to gas stations and a 7/11 on the street over from the strip.

Staff: Everyone was friendly, from the guys outside to the front desk, to the folks in the restaurant. The only strange thing was the prewelcome email because of Gold status. They said I would be in a room which I was ultimately not given at check in. Upgrades are always on an availability basis and do not matter, but why bother sending an email and then doing something different?

I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here for personal travel since I like the convenience of being on the strip but if my employer puts me here again I certainly wouldn't complain.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lovewell

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Westin Las Vegas Hotel – Casino and Spa. We are happy to learn that you appreciated our friendly service and were able to enjoy some of our on-site amenities like our WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.