After touring Zion, Bryce and the Canyonlands of Utah, my husband, I and our mini-dachshund wanted to finish our trip with one night in Vegas. We chose the Westin over other dog accepting places in Vegas due to its location. Had many pleasant surprises.
1st surprise, they were having a special and the room rate was $99.
2nd surprise, the hotel not only accepts pets, but welcomes them. All thru our stay we saw staff members ooohing and ahhing over various pets including a boxer! They also provide an area for the pets outside that includes a trashcan and plastic thowaway gloves so that you can clean up after your pooch with minimum fuss. As a result, that area was always immaculate.
3rd surprise, as Starwood members (we weren't, but they efficiently signed us up) we EACH received $20 in gaming credits effectively reducing the room rate to $59!
It is located just a block from the back entrance to Bally's which by tunnel takes you to Paris and then on to the rest of the strip or 2 blocks to the corner that has Bally's, Bellagio and Caesars Palace.
The toom based on other Westin's we have stayed at was exceptional as all are. Heavenly Bed is wonderful, we also had 2 nice arm chairs and an ottoman to boot.
If you are looking for the tur Vegas experience, leave your dog home and stay on the Strip, but if this is a return visit or you are travelling with your dog, the Westin is the place to be.
It is a quiet haven off the Strip, but nice because it is so convenient to the Strip. And quiet is the truth, we heard nothing once in our rooms, surprising since a maid was cleaning next door and we didn't know it until we walked outside. Even the color scheme is very quiet and neutral, a nice plus after a day in all the glitz of the Strip!
As to the smoking, the front desk advised us of the fact that smoking was allowed in the casino, but we were not bothered by it and we are both non-smokers. Perhaps a new ventilation system is in place since the other posters complained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel - Casino & Spa is located 1.5 Blocks east of the famous Las Vegas Strip, Forum Shops, Miracle Mile, the LINQ & High Roller observation wheel, World Market and Premium outlet mall. Just minutes to Las Vegas Convention and Sands Expo Centers, UNLV campus and 5 miles from McCarran International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino And Spa
- Westin Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Westin
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa