“So NOT impressed with WHOLE experience”

Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #113 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Murrieta, California
“So NOT impressed with WHOLE experience”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I do not usually post negative negative reviews because I think there are quite enough of those but Stratoshere was so bad that I MUST post! The room did look as if it had an attempt at a renovation but poor results indeed. It took two different maintenance people to get the tv to work, Only was furnished with TWO bath (oversized hand towel...I am 100lbs and it wouldn't cover me!) that smelled horrible and was stiff! The pillows on the bed were tiny and course as if made out of corn husks. When I wanted to go to the pool to try to shake off this initial bad experience and the pool is horrible as well!! Try to find pics online of their pool, I dare you....won't find them....there is a reason for that! I have seen better pools at Motel 6 when I was in my 20's. Food was TERRIBLE....and the service even worse. I decided to check out a day early and when I went to have my car brought back around by the valet...THEY LOST MY CAR!! I had to describe my Audi A6 to them and after 45 minutes they brought me someone else NEW A4 Audi (paper tags still on them) and joked I would be trading up......REALLY??? Took them another hour to find my car and the entire time left me standing in 100 degree heat and treating me like it was my fault. If anyone mentions to you to stay here....DO NOT!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank XSsiveRedhead
SWarnerLasVegas, Front Office Manager at Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying at the Stratosphere. We strive to ensure each guest is provided with excellent service and we apologize if that did not occur. The experience you encountered is not a normal experience for our guests. Thank you for both your feedback and an opportunity to improve.

Sarah Warner
Hotel Manager
Sarah.Warner@stratospherehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,996)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Farmington Hills, MI
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My family and I just returned from a four day stay in one of the select rooms at the Stratosphere and were impressed with the room, the view and the service. For the price we paid we got more then we expected. People complaining about how far away it is from the strip should stop since this is a given. We rented a car and had no problem getting around. By using the valet service at the hotel we never had to wait more then 5 minutes to hand the car off or pick it up. Rental rates were so inexpensive that it was actually cheaper to rent a car to get around than using taxis or the buses. I would highly recommend renting. The only negative is that most of the parking spaces at the resorts on the Strip were quite far from Las Vegas Blvd, requiring a short walk.

We spent most of our days and evenings either Downtown or on the Strip. When we were back at the hotel we had everything we needed. Unlimited access to the Tower was well worth staying at the Stratosphere.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with teenagers. They had more fun here than anywhere else on the Strip, although downtown was a blast with the people watching and the ziplines. Overall, there is nothing negative to stay about the Stratosphere considering its value relative to other hotels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Strip view. We were able to watch the skyjumpers all during the day and night.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bronstmj
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Being it was my first time in Vegas I have to say staying at the stratosphere was the greatest choice I could have done..loved the staff,the food,the pool,the slots everything was amazing ..and its not that far away from the main action on the strip simply take a bus or a cab and voilaaaa.....I would be most certainly be staying here again!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank carmensita90
lowermac, pa
Reviewed 24 August 2011

The Stratosphere is a nice hotel. I had no problem checking in. Although I stayed in the old tower it was very clean and comfortable. It was a bit worn. It appeared that the fridge had leaked at some point and the carpet was stained in that area. However, the bed was wonderful and the bathroom spacious and well supplied.
It is true that you are far down on the strip. Nonetheless, the duece can get you aroung very fast. It cost $7.00 for a 24 hour pass. The food at the buffet is very good. We felt very safe and found the staff to be helpful. The pool is also very nice with a nice view.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank alpha03
New York
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We got a room in a great deal via Priceline and the whole experience of staying here was great. For this price they are providing very clean rooms with good service and some great views if you are staying up in the tower.
The restaurants in casino are great. Top of the world is awesome experience. We had the most romantic dinner though food was mediocre for vegetarian folks like us.
The rides at the top of the tower are cool. Short in duration but thrilling nonetheless.
We also attended the Fake celebrities show with stars like Lady Gaga and Elvis. Wasn't as lame as it sounds.
The atmosphere in the casino was a lot more decent than other casinos like circus circus.
Definitely recommended who are looking for a decent accommodation at low price without resort like expectations.

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank AragornTheStrider
Kent
Reviewed 22 August 2011

It is what you would expect from a large LV hotel. Check in was quick efficient with minimal hotel information as they move quickly to erase the queue, pool area was good, clean and well staffed. Room size was amongst the smallest we experienced whilst touring the CA and NV areas (despite being a "select room". It was also the only hotel that lacked tea or coffee making facilities in the room (our room anyway, but there is a starbucks in the lobby). Yes it is at the end of the strip but with the transport links this is not a problem (fail to see why people moan about this after they book it, research before you go there is no excuse)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank snazzysnaps
Pinedale, Wyoming, Usa
Reviewed 21 August 2011

From check-in to check-out the staff at the Startosphere in all departments were very helpful and friendly. We had the refurbished rooms with strip view and were very pleased with them, especially as we had been upgrade to spa-tub rooms. Buffet was good and the diner particularly impressive with the "singing wait-staff" making the visit well worthwhile.
Our only comment would be the location - and this can be good or bad. The good point is that its equi-distant from downtown and the main part of the "Strip" Thus as we had a night in Fremont Street and the next night at "Legends in Concert" at Harrahs it was a good place to be staying. The negative point about location is that, with the Sahara closing earlier this year, the Stratosphere is like an island on its own - a long walk or bus or taxi-ride to anywhere...
However the hotel is offering some very good room rates so well worth checking their web-site!

Room Tip: Refurbished rooms worth the extra few dollars!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family