Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #113 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Loved It!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel! The beds were comfortable! Everyone who worked here were nice & helpful! The buffet was good for the cost (15$) I loved the diner place in the hotel ( forget what it was called) but the food was amazing and the people were so nice! I thought the rooms were very nice & roomy! I stayed here for a night but, I would definitely stay here again! (:

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bltx3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,997)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Every time I have stayed here I have always gotten a great room. The last time I stayed here they gave me a great comps book that have things in it like free access to the top of the stratosphere, show tickets and other comps.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darthraider
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here twice about 2 weeks apart from each other. The first time I had a late check in and all of the standard rooms were full so I was upgraded to a newer room in the Casino tower. It was a nice room nothing to rave about but nothing to complain about. Had everything you expect in a standard room, little bottles of shampoo etc. The second stay we were with friends for an inexpensive weekend getaway to sit by the pool. I rented a cabana as we have a tanning disabled person in the group. My friends were headed to Vegas before I could go and so I called the hotel to add her name to the room so she could check in without me as I had booked and paid in my name. They charged me $30.00 to add her but whatever. When I was on the phone I also had them transfer me to the pool deck to speak with them and confirm my cabana rental. It was all clear and set to go. At check in it went smoothly and they mentioned our cabana rental was showing on the room. I arrived about 2 hours later to a slightly below average room but not a dive. It was in the North Tower a little more of a walk but nothing major. 2 towels for 4 people so I called and asked for more. They never came. We nabbed some from a passing housekeeper the next morning. Small sink with a mirror no other chairs in the room and an average hotel shower. As with any hotel the lighting is non existent this room was way worse than average with one lamp, the bathroom light and the entry door light. We weren't there for the room so I'm only saying these things for future researchers. Saturday we went to the pool and checked in at the Cabana counter. We were escorted to the Cabana, given our rafts and treats that came with it and started enjoying the day. We went over to the pool and relaxed. Speaking of the pool it's on floor 8 down a long hallway. It's on the small side nothing like Rio or Mandalay. It's larger than a home pool but smaller than a large hotel pool. They play music and there is a bar and snack bar. Anyway, after a dip in the pool we walked back over to the cabana (they aren't poolside) and there was a guy in there going through our stuff. He had a walky talky on so I assumed he was with the hotel. My friend approached him and asked him what was going on and he said this isn't your cabana. She said yes it is we reserved it and were brought here and these are our things. He got puffed up and said we were in it unauthorized and had to leave. He acted as if we were stealing. I tried telling him my name and gave him the names of all the people we talked to but he wouldn't listen he just kept saying "I'm the manager and I don't care who you talked to this isn't your cabana and you have to leave" All the while there was a group of people standing there with balloons waiting to take over the cabana. It was a graduation party. Long story short Brad Emmen is a terrible manager had double booked the Cabana and instead of telling me the situation tried to act like it was my fault and kick us out. Had he told me what was done I would NEVER EVER have deprived a high school graduate of her cabana party. I don't appreciate being treated like a liar and a thief. I was very angry to say the least and I ended up leaving the pool area to go to the front desk and see if there was anything we could do. The manager there said they would send Brad through a training program. While I was gone Brad did talk to my husband and comp us rides on the top so that worked out and is a non issue other than It's very upsetting to be approached that way. I should also mention that every department is not linked to the other department. the front desk can not do anything for the pool, the comped rides could be found at front desk but not at the entrance to the rides...just weird.

As far as location... right at the top of the strip... to far and scary to walk anywhere but the bus stop is RIGHT out front 8 bucks to ride up and down all day with stops every 15 minutes, that's cool. You'll want to go somewhere else to drink and hang out as a long island at the casino bar was 10.50 and at the lounge upstairs it was 15 and they weren't very strong. Really close to Fremont Street 10 dollar ride. One good thing is when I called to get tickets to Zumanity all of the seats were over 100 a person. However when the woman asked me where I was staying and I said the Strat she said "Oh, you're on a budget" and magically found us seat for half price lol All in all if it weren't for poor management I would stay again but I would never expect anything to be organised or taken care of like a wedding or a group.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracie B
Markham, Ontario
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food oOk location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price k room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price Ok location ok food ok room. Okay price

• Stayed June 2013
Joppa, MD
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second vacation in Vegas and we were very satisfied with our stay here.
As always I will list the pros and cons.
Pros: Room was very clean, beds were comfortable. We had a "view room" but not of the strip which was still nice of the mountains. We took advantage of the pool which was fun for the kids, although got very crowded even in April (I can't imagine what its like in summer!). We got fresh towels and travel size toiletries. We paid an extra $10 per day for a fridge. It is a long ways from the strip but I actually didn't mind being away from the congestion. Easy access to the highway (we traveled back and forth alot to see our friends in Henderson). Lots of convenient fast food places on site and even a little walk away. And the price compared to other hotels in the area were an added plus considering we were very happy. Parking was pretty easy too. The hotel room was quite a bit smaller than the one we stayed last year but still was big enough to serve it's purpose. You also get free access to the top of the tower which is great considering it's normally a good bit of money. The view is amazing and can be seen from miles and miles away.
Cons: I can't really think of anything that wasn't great about the hotel except maybe the staff. The lady checking us in was not the friendliest, in fact when I asked for better clarification to where the elevators were she rolled her eyes and just said "over there, you will see them". It also took a whole day and several phone calls to get our fridge, which was a pain because we needed it due to health diet restrictions. The front desk is a good walk from the parking lot through the casino too, which is not fun after an 8 hour flight, arriving in the middle of the night and dragging all your luggage across. Our neighbors were quite noisy too, and the walls are pretty thin but that's to be expected in Vegas.

We were actually married in the chapel at the top of the tower which was pretty amazing and another review on it's own. But over all we were very happy with our stay here. We plan to do our vow renewals here and will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank poca1313
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was clean and everything was in good working condition. The staff were friendly but the elevators were quite aways from the reception desk. Guests are allowed to take the tour up to the top of the hotel where the rides are. It is a pretty awesome experience.

Room Tip: higher floors give you a better view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a moderately priced, voting use hotel on a great location of the strip. It's not in smack dab in the middle of the strip it's about midpoint of the strip. The service is professional and attentive admits the hustle and bustle not the casino life. It's has great amenities, a great view from most rooms and of course the tower and attractions. It's like a mini, air conditioned Las Vegas within Las Vegas.

I've stayed here now than once and will continue to stay here whenever I return.

Room Tip: High up, face the strip
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple