“Be aware of Casino Fees!”

Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower
Ranked #109 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Annapolis, Maryland
“Be aware of Casino Fees!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

It has been a while since I went to the west coast. I got a good deal on the room for five days, When I check in I was surprised to find out that I was charged $20 dollars (hidden fee) per day for something called "Casino fees". I told the receptionist that I wasn't aware of this, but he just said "that is how it works in Las Vegas". Since it was a late check in I was tired to complain, and I thought everything will be fix when I call costumer service but It didn't happen. I also didn't see the house keeping everyday. I had to call them, so I can have clean towels, and other amenities. Like other reviewers commented this hotel is at the end of the Strip, and the taxi will cost you about $25 to the airport per trip.
There is not microwave, refrigerator or coffee maker in the room, but at least we had free WiFi in the room.
There are different restaurants in the second floor I saw MC Donald's, Mexican, American food, Ice cream shop, and a convenient Starbucks on the first floor. The view from the Casino Tower it is beautiful, it was also really windy some days and it was free for us as a guest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shanick07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,899)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gold Canyon, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking to Honeymoon, couples getaway or place for senior getaway, find another place. The hallways on the24th floor smelled like urine on the north side of the hotel you can hear the trains running all night and early morning. Great for family fun

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdjp1962

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife for two nights and had absolute fun.

The rooms are comfortable and the hotel has the best adventure activity on top.

The location is also convenient as public transport is nearby and the best way to see feel and live Las Vegas is to roam around freely.

We were here in October 2012 and had taken the tours4fun trips to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas.

I highly recommend this hotel for the very reason that its worth its cost in Las Vegas; the city of fun, casino and adventure of all kinds.

Best

Ambeek Khemka

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Positives - maintenance was quick to solve an AC issue. Housekeeping brought extra towels quickly. Can't beat the price of what we got though.

Negatives - front desk staff isn't very capable of getting things done quickly. They are not rude, but show little interest in going above and beyond. Beds were below average in comfort and room was dated.

Overall - you get what you pay for. Our cheap suite was sufficient for 6 people but not much more.

Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Housekeeping didn't show up before 5:30,and not without several calls. We were in a "select" room, but this one had a broken shower curtain rod. When I pointed it out,I was told that the rod was supposed to be bent. It was actually separated from the brackets and allowed water from the shower to puddle on the floor.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank MattPatino
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had a great stay in the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas. Great room, quiet, good beds. We slept well. Service was very good too. Good value for money.
Tip: If you want to get coffee or some food, go to the 7-eleven just behind the hotel. Much cheaper than inside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Schoon01
West Memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I got a deal on this room using booking.com. I stayed on a Thursday night, so I expected a decent room since it was during the week. No way! The room they put us in was absolutely disgusting! It smelled like urine and tobacco. It had wires hanging out of the ceiling and the elevator seemed like it was going to break on the way up. We immediately went to the front desk and told them the room was unacceptable and they apologized and gave us a much better clean room in a different tower with a great elevator free of charge. I just can't believe they actually rent those other nasty rooms out. Bad for business! The new room was lovely and if it would have been my first room, I would be writing a good review.

• Stayed July 2014