“disappointed”

Ranked #112 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Bogota, Colombia
“disappointed”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked and paid in advance 4 nights from juy 22, but my flight from bogota to fort lauderdale was delayed so I missed the connection to las vegas and I finally arrived 1 day later. When I got to the hotel the manager told me that because I have not checked the day before they have cancelled my reservation even though I have paid for my room in advance and that they did not have rooms available that day And i had to come back the next day and speak to the next manager to see if they could give me a room for the last 2 nights. The hotel took me away 2 nights and did not compensate me for that loss. I am very disappointed in this hotel And I will not stay nor recommend to anyone because they do not care about people who paid in advance and do not offer an apology or compensate in any for this lack of respect!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaime C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,932)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
vancouver, BC
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From check in to check out, the customer service was awful. When we checked in I was told that despite the fact that we had prebooked a select room, there was not one available. I explained that I would not have booked unless I was able to get a select room based on the reviews of the old rooms conditions. I was up at the front desk for nearly a half hour when one person after another told us the various options. First we were told that we could stay in an old room for one night and then we would be moved. The next person told us the only option was the old room for all five days and they would not be moving us, however they would waive the 100 fee (20 per day) resort fee....I explained that I appreciated their situation but wanted the room that we had booked and for them to honor the booking I had made....then my husband started to push back as well and after the front desk supervisor went to the back again (it was like buying a car) then she came back and said there was one available that she was saving for later in the night??? Anyway, we got the worst view of the parking garage on the lowest level, but at least we got what we had paid for. There was 0 maid service all week, and when I had to stop the maids in the hall to exchange towels and get extra soap and TP when we ran out they were rude in the extreme. The whole hotel smelled like smoke, much worse than the others on the strip. The shining star of this hotel which is why I gave it any stars at all was for the valet which was great, professional and responsible. Otherwise, I would never recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nicalisa

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are Vegas locals and we wanted to stay here and visit the pool and the tower, our kids love it. What a great surprise !!! First, we came to the hotel a little late, like 9 pm and the lady in the front desk was very friendly and helpful, she gave us a room in the new decorated tower, an upgrade for the same price we paid. We got a great view in the 20th floor and the room was very nice, big, modern décor, nice beds. I cant say anything bad about our room, it was very clean and for the price we paid on a Sunday night, great value !!! We had access to the top of the tower for 4 people, a value on itself of like $80 dlls. The pool was closed due to raining but we definitely will come back. For tourist is a little far from the strip but if you have a car and don't mind driving 1 mile is a great option. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SaraSandoval
Lompoc,
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed two nights in the select tower in a king room. The room was nice. It was a mid level room with a view of downtown Las Vegas. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy. The casino was surprisingly non smoky com paired to other casinos. Some of the people inside the casino looked a bit shady but I never felt threatened. I think they could have had more of a security presence as those people appeared to be locals begging people for money. There was one very young lady at the bar near the select tower entrance that was extremely intoxicated and they kept serving her. That was a concern. The tower was great and free when you stay there. Nice views and fun rides if you are brave. I'm not brave so can't speak about the rides but people seemed to enjoy them. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and it will take you to Fremont street experience in about 15 min. The busses run about every 15 min. Bus tickets were $6 for 2 hrs or $8 for 24 hrs. You can purchase the tickets at the bus stop.

We ate at Roxy's cafe which was nice and the buffet twice. One night there was an extremely long line at the buffet due to what the lady up front said was a tour bus stop. I asked her if this was normal and she said yes. Overall the line took about 20 min. Not too bad. We had Starbucks four times since it was right by the elevators. Very convenient. Overall a very nice experience. We will definitely stay there again and would recommend it to any of our friends and family. Slot host Kelly was super nice and comped us a few meals due to our slot play.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level rom
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie L
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights. Check-in was relatively quick considering the line-up. Room was spacious and clean. Had a nice view of the strip (that was an additional charge). Free access to observation deck - didn't attempt the rides! Staff were helpful with our questions. Not as many food outlets as you would find in some of the central strip hotels. Buffet was awesome! Self parking was no issue - try to get a park on level 3 because there is a walkway to the casino level where you will need to get the lift to your room. The only issue we found was its location. It is a fair way from the main part of the strip and surrounded by a few "dodgy" areas. There is a pretty frequent bus that stops outside the Stratosphere and does a loop from Fremont St to Mandalay Bay and is only $8 for a 24hr ticket. Make sure you have exact change when you buy your ticket - both the ticket machines on the street and the bus driver don't give change! Also be aware that rooms have minimal amenities - no fridge/microwave/coffee etc. This is obviously because they want you to spend money here but it is a little difficult for travellers who might be use to having these facilities. For the price the Stratosphere is a good choice but would probably go with something closer to the middle of the strip next time.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The room was dirty, and had a bad smell, I had to clean sticky bathroom floor myself, after 3days of no housekeeping, no clean towels or T.P. we used Kleenex until that was out.went to see manager Adrian told me my room would be cleaned first thing that day, it was not when I went to see him again he did not remember me and did nothing.yes I did try to call front desk, just put on hold till I gave up,another thing Adrian did not care about,everyone that worked there was rude, from front desk, restraints and casino worker, if you ask for anything they make you feel like your putting them out. So many places to stay in las Vegas don't pick this one,I will never go to the stratosphere again

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My friends and I stayed here for one night. the hotel was pretty good, though I cant speak with much confidence considering I was only there for one night. What I can say for sure is: if you are staying in Vegas for more than two days I would not stay here. The hotel is too far from all the best casinos and clubs. the taxi rides will rack up...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends