“not bad for the price”

Ranked #112 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
MA
“not bad for the price”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was at the Stratosphere for a week and was satisfied with the stay. I was unable to get an upgrade from the basic room, nor an early check in (the receptionist offered "early" check in - it was 2:30 - for $10, or I could come back at 3pm). The room was a bit small and quite basic, but otherwise comfortable and fine for my needs. I did not have to interact with the staff very much, but those I interacted with were all friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located at the far end of the Strip, making it a bit inconvenient if you're looking to go back on the Strip. However, several bus lines have stops very close by, including the 108 which goes to the airport. In terms of dining, there are several restaurants inside the hotel, including a Starbucks and a McDonald's. There are also a few casual places within a few minutes' walk. There is a resort fee of $20 per day (after tax) which includes internet, access to the pool, basic gym, the tower (great view) and discounted rides.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank valmeras

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,930)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel Stratasphere is just wonderful. It is lovely and clean with modern rooms. We have a king bed and we have had a lovely time here. We were given tickets to a show, which we attended tonight. We had a ball- saw Frankie Moreno(who I had never heard of). The whole show was great I was up and dancing in the aisle.

The hotel is a little distance from the main of the Strip but at least you don't have all the idiots that you see walking around the streets during day.

The one thing that is a minus is the booking in, we arrived 11,30 to 12.00 midday and there already was a large line waiting to register.

That afternoon it just became worse when buses were arriving.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 August 2014

So I have a Las Vegas addiction.... over the past 6 years i have been there close to 15 times, with one exception, I have stayed at the Stratosphere every single time. The thing that keeps me coming back is the outstanding customer care that I receive there... The rooms are good, the casino is good, the whole experience for me is always good. I already have a trip booked for October, and yes, staying at the Stratoshphere....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark777333
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights after camping through Yosemite and bishop for 4 days and staying in hostels before that. It was just the luxury I wNeeded, I had a room with two doubles that a friend and I shared, the room was huge and we had great views of the city.
Everywhere was immaculately clean and even though we left the do not disturb sign out, a maid that passed by while we walked out at 2pm asked if we had changed our minds (we really need the lay in) so it wasn't a problem for her to do it.
Unfortunately We were on the opposite side of the hotel to the pool so it was a bit of a walk but worth it. Pool side service is great and I was shocked at the value!! The Mai tai was a winner along with frozen piña colada.
You are at the opposite end if the strip to most main attractions but taxi prices are reasonable and easy to find.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here for one night, and I'm pretty glad because I don't think I could stay here again. The staff was friendly enough, but when I tried to call for room service, the front desk, housekeeping or ANYWHERE else nobody would answer. I also attempted to go find the pool, located on the 8th floor. What a freaking joke. Be prepared to walk . The location I absolutley despised. The diner was OK for what the prices were ( to high) our room STUNK . Smelled like smoke even though we got a room with no smoking. All we could hear most of the night were people yelling, the bathrooms were almost non existent. I will NOT be going back here when I visit Las Vegas again. I was also charged $40 MORE after checking in for my room after booking on TripAdvisor. Was NOT happy about that .

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Heather R

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Bonney Lake
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed for two nights, The strat is at the very end of the strip and kind of far off so I wouldn't plan on walking from there. The deuce bus stops right in front of it and is only twenty bucks for 3 days. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. I like a kind of firm bed and it was perfect. Its a great place to stay if you just need a place to sleep and save your self money for the more important parts of your vacation THE ENTERTAINMENT! Also you get to go to the top free if you are a guest of the hotel, and the rides are discounted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
phoenix az
Reviewed 8 August 2014

very disappointed, we made reservations 4 weeks ahead for our anniversary weekend.... asked for king non smoking. we stopped for dinner, and arrived later then we expected, 1030 pm. while in line, i overheard the clerk upgrade an obviously drunk guest to a king size room. when we checked in, she told us they were sold out of king sized room, and we got a room with 2 doubles....
we had to wait the next day in the room for them to call us to move to a king room,.... big pain, we had to call the desk, wait for a room, then move our stuff. not the anniversary weekend we wanted... probably will not come back...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple