“Wonderful Vegas Vacation”

Ranked #113 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lenoir, North Carolina
“Wonderful Vegas Vacation”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a great stay at the Stratosphere. The valet staff was awesome! The maid service was great. The rooms were nice and clean. The buffet restaurant was really good---went there several times while staying there. The Tower was amazing, even though I am afraid i heights I made it up there a couple different times. The view is spectacular--I did feel a little like jello but that is because i was nervous. :) The Pin Up Show wasn't as good as we had hoped but because we were staying there the tickets were bogo so we tried it. We were not overly impressed but it was okay. The pool looked like lots of fun but we were so busy doing things in Vegas we didn't get to go to the pool but once and that was to check it out on the first day. Never got to swim because there were so many other things on our to-do list---and we were there a week.
The negatives: When you called the front desk you were put on hold for a pretty long time---however, it is a large hotel so I am sure lots of people call the front desk for questions.This hotel was not right on the strip but we had a rental car so we didn't mind the drive to the strip. Also, we could hear through the walls at times, nothing too distracting or irritating. Wifi didn't pick up too well in our room---that was probably our most irritating experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,996)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Hotel is quite big, with a lot of different Restaurants an its own Starbucks. :)
The Tower is a must to visit!
Even if you don`t wanna do the bungee-jump, it`s a quite amazing view..
As well the Bar (It was at the 108th floor, i guess), was great.
If you wanna eat at the 360° Restaurant, you have to make a reservation.

The Hotel Rooms were comfortable, we had a double room with great beds! :)
I know, american-standard but not for europeans.. ;-)
And to be honest.. you dont go to Vegas because of the Hotel.. ;-)

Even your not directly at the strip, I would recommend the Hotel.
Old Town Las Vegas is worth a visit as well, the Bus-station is in front of the Hotel.

The Concierce was very polite and helped us in every situation.
He even gave us two free tickets for a vip-party, which was pretty awesome! :))

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Chico, California
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is at the far north end of the strip. The fancy stuff is at the south end, but the north end will be soon adding new hotels. It is on an upswing. This is NOT a hotel for the luxury oriented, but the service was excellent and the rooms are clean. And: You can't beat the music. Check out the reviews of the Frankie Moreno show. You will see they are almost universally positive. The few who don't like the show complain they don't hear enough "cover" songs. They're missing the whole point: Frankie is the most original performer on the entire trip. It's worth staying at this hotel just so you can catch his show.

Room Tip: Ask for the "select" tower rooms that are recently renovated.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PeterBerkow
MA
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Was at the Stratosphere for a week and was satisfied with the stay. I was unable to get an upgrade from the basic room, nor an early check in (the receptionist offered "early" check in - it was 2:30 - for $10, or I could come back at 3pm). The room was a bit small and quite basic, but otherwise comfortable and fine for my needs. I did not have to interact with the staff very much, but those I interacted with were all friendly and helpful.

The hotel is located at the far end of the Strip, making it a bit inconvenient if you're looking to go back on the Strip. However, several bus lines have stops very close by, including the 108 which goes to the airport. In terms of dining, there are several restaurants inside the hotel, including a Starbucks and a McDonald's. There are also a few casual places within a few minutes' walk. There is a resort fee of $20 per day (after tax) which includes internet, access to the pool, basic gym, the tower (great view) and discounted rides.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank valmeras
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel Stratasphere is just wonderful. It is lovely and clean with modern rooms. We have a king bed and we have had a lovely time here. We were given tickets to a show, which we attended tonight. We had a ball- saw Frankie Moreno(who I had never heard of). The whole show was great I was up and dancing in the aisle.

The hotel is a little distance from the main of the Strip but at least you don't have all the idiots that you see walking around the streets during day.

The one thing that is a minus is the booking in, we arrived 11,30 to 12.00 midday and there already was a large line waiting to register.

That afternoon it just became worse when buses were arriving.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice M
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 August 2014

So I have a Las Vegas addiction.... over the past 6 years i have been there close to 15 times, with one exception, I have stayed at the Stratosphere every single time. The thing that keeps me coming back is the outstanding customer care that I receive there... The rooms are good, the casino is good, the whole experience for me is always good. I already have a trip booked for October, and yes, staying at the Stratoshphere....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark777333
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights after camping through Yosemite and bishop for 4 days and staying in hostels before that. It was just the luxury I wNeeded, I had a room with two doubles that a friend and I shared, the room was huge and we had great views of the city.
Everywhere was immaculately clean and even though we left the do not disturb sign out, a maid that passed by while we walked out at 2pm asked if we had changed our minds (we really need the lay in) so it wasn't a problem for her to do it.
Unfortunately We were on the opposite side of the hotel to the pool so it was a bit of a walk but worth it. Pool side service is great and I was shocked at the value!! The Mai tai was a winner along with frozen piña colada.
You are at the opposite end if the strip to most main attractions but taxi prices are reasonable and easy to find.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
#42 of 262 in Las Vegas
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Golden Nugget Hotel
#89 of 262 in Las Vegas

Been to Stratosphere Hotel, Casino and Tower, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!