“Nice Hotel”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #115 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Great place to stay. Clean room & the kitchen in the room was very clean, comfortable bed, great shower , friendly staff and pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1EyeWally

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Clean hotel, nice rooms and great breakfasts - We'd definitely stay here again.

We stayed here for 2 nights before moving to a hotel on the strip for the last 2. We had a car though and, if we were to do it again, we'd likely just spend the entire time based at the Element as getting around the city was made very easy from the hotel...

The hotel rooms were a little on the small side but the beds very comfortable, the little kitchen area was well-equipped (and spotless) and the bathroom was a good size and spotless as well. The business centre area was quite nice as well with several computers and printers.

A little tip - the breakfast is lovely but try to get there a little early as they don't replenish the food too much as you get closer to the end of breakfast time. We stayed there at the same time as a huge group of sports teams and needless to say it was slim pickings when we ate -- but in all fairness, we arrived 20 minutes before the scheduled end of breakfast so we couldn't really complain (although some other patrons did!).

Overall, good value for the price paid.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lovely_Llama
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I prefer to stay away from the casino hotels when I go to Vegas. I am not a gambler and they cater to the gamblers. The hotel is very clean and the staff was friendly, but nothing notable. I had to laugh when I saw the previous poster said it looked like Ikea. So true!

I did enjoy my stay. Maybe I just hit the staff on the wrong day, but I usually see better service from Starwood, but like I said the staff was friendly. Next time I am in Vegas I will have to give it another shot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank erikbox
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I was excited to stay in a "green" hotel but found Element to be full of contradictions. "Green" seemed synonymous with cheap. The cabinets and decor were reminescent of a dorm room and an awkward lay-out for the tv. Uncomfortable couch and devoid of character or personality. The low flow shower simply meant lack of luxury and the floor appeared to be laminate rather than environmentally friendly cork or bamboo. The strangest thing was the "appetizers" advertised by the front desk which turned out to be pigs in the blanket (little hot dogs) and soda. Really?! The lobby area was relaxing and it would be great to have a juice or wine bar there or the opportunity for room service. I think it is a good idea that they have shampoo dispensers to cut down on post-consumer waste and I like the tea that they have avaialble throughout the day. I paid the same rate at Cosmopolitan this year, so I feel that I paid Cosmopolitan prices for a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank dreamtravelreviewer
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We stayed first and last nights after hiking Death Valley. Beautiful hotel in terms of aesthetics, and the in-suite kitchen and furnishings were wonderful. Beds also super comfy, and the bathroom was gorgeous. The complimentary breakfast was also excellent. No waffle machine and cold rolls. Instead had a variety of breakfast sandwiches, fresh-squeezed juices, fruit, etc. Lobby area nicely appointed, including board games, and the pool area was spotless. Staff super helpful and kind, and located across the street from some nice restaurants. A bit pricier, but worth it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mcarson2
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Really enjoyed a six-night stay at the Element in February. I'm in Vegas at least once a year to visit the in-laws who retired to Summerlin. This was the most comfortable I've been on any of my visits. Have stayed on the Strip in the past, but more recently at the Suncoast and J.W. Marriot. While the Marriot is swanky (if a little ragged lately), the whole resort setting is very tiresome to me. The Element offered much greater ease overall - easy to park, easy to get to the room, easy to get (free) breakfast, easy to work out, easy to get to the in-laws' place.

Spare, economical room furnishings - very West Elm, or maybe Ikea. I liked the layout of our one-bedroom suite: ample kitchen space, tidy living room with shelving space for books, magazines, phones, etc., comfortable bedroom. Plenty of non-traditional space to store clothing in a cupboard. I liked the flooring - not carpeted in the living area. Bathroom was adequate, shower was nice. Wished there was a tub to relax in, but not a big loss that there wasn't.

Little issues: soap dish in bathroom was cheap plastic and made an awful squeaking sound when moved. Windows (which actually open a bit to let in fresh air) did not seal tightly - latches were broken, windows were off their tracks). When wind was howling it was an issue. Traffic noise from freeway was steady - might bother some, but was mostly white noise to me. Housekeeping only left one regular coffee kit until we asked for two, and neglected to leave dishwasher soap after we'd used the only one there.

Plusses: great lobby with a great breakfast and a delightful woman staffing it most mornings; roomy work out area with free weights starting at five pounds (thank you! many places start at 20 pounds); ability to hook up my computer to TV in room and run Netflix and Pandora through television speaker; easy location to get to - 10 minutes from airport, 10 minutes to the Strip, 15 minutes to the in-laws, 15 minutes to Red Rock Canyon (go - really - and take the Calico Tank hike).

Right across the street: wonderful spot called Rachael's for alternative breakfasts and sandwiches; new wine bar/Neapolitan pizza joint (didn't try); serviceable Japanese Teppanyaki Room.

Obviously not the spot if you're looking for a "Vegas-y" experience, but definitely the spot if you want a quiet place that makes it easier to get done whatever you came to town for.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We booked here thru AARP Expedia for three nights. When we arrived after midnight in Las Vegas (flight delay!) the hotel clerk told us they had no record of our reservation and made no attempt to find us a room elsewhere. The hotel staff were rude and obnoxious. Expedia did nothing to get us another room. And then I found out when I got home that they charged us anyhow!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family