“Excellent stay!”

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #114 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 October 2011

All suites, ultra modern, very clean. Beautiful pool. Well equipped fitness center. Best suite style room that I've experienced in this price range. Dog friendly. Nice breakfast. Stayed here for the Gran Fondo Las Vegas.

Room Tip: West side rooms afford an awesome sunrise view of Red Rock Canyon.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2011

At first take, my expectations were not very high for this hotel. It's location seems remote and the building bland. But I was surprised by how excellent the hotel was. Rooms were comfortable (although a bit crowded), staff were very helpful and pleasant and the breakfast was the best I have ever experienced at a hotel. While seeming remote, the location is really pretty good if you have a car. The 215 is a easy ride to the airport, and the Summerlin Parkway is a quick trip to downtown. It's location near Red Rock National Conservation Area is a plus for me, a hiker, birder and botanist. And the hotel building is LEED certified.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Virga017
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I will tell you this much, I had some of the very best food on this earth, so much so that I ask WHO the chef was and I was told it is Chef Clay Denny, this cat is by far the best omellete maker I have ever had.... I think Om - E - Let this chef cook for me again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

So, the first thing you should know is that this hotel is in the middle of no-where suburbia. So make sure to have a car. But, other than that it is GREAT. All the rooms are actually "suites" with a kitchenette including full size fridge. Great for anyone who needs to refrigerate something (new moms, diabetics, etc.) because unlike other Las Vegas hotels you actually can use your fridge it isn't just for the mini-bar items.

A note of caution to families with little kids though, the rooms don't have bathtubs. Nice big walk-in showers with a huge rain head or hand wand, but no tub.

The hotel also serves a wonderful breakfast -- I had an egg, cheese and bacon bagel sandwich and a egg, cheese and ham english muffin sandwich on the two days I was there (vegie options also available). This was in addition to the smoothie shooters which were available.

Free wifi throughout -- why don't all hotels have this?

GREAT exercise room with two elliptical machines (with tv), two treadmills (with tv) and a few other machines in addition to weights, stability ball, etc. Nice and big.

One other downside was that it was not well insulated from road noise -- not enough to bother me, but it was surprising.

Room Tip: Choose away from the highway (to the East).
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had the opportunity to stay a night here while hopping between a personal trip to Vegas and a week of business.

First of all this hotel is in a prime location off 215 in the upscale Summerlin area. It is directly next to a gas station and a medical park. I imagine many of the guests here are long term visitors to the cancer institute next door. It is very easy to get around this area due to mostly local traffic.

The hotel as well as the rooms remind me a lot of Aloft hotels by W Hotels, but with a stronger focus on green and long term accommodations. Both of these properties are a part of Starwood Preferred Guest.

The property lives up to the other reviews but I found that the hallway noise in the mornings was loud enough to make it difficult to sleep in. I think part of this is due to the guest rooms having hard flooring. Heavy suitcases and hard floors tends to be a loud combo.

For those looking for fun, the Red Rock is a 4 minute drive north.

I will stay here if I am ever in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 September 2011

In town on business, so needed a place with reasonable amenities and a good night sleep. Free wifi, good TV selection, kitchenette and comfy bed looked promising, but in the first room I went to, I could hear everything in the room next door (there was an adjoining room door). I knew this would be a problem so asked the manager if he could find me something quieter, so he moved me upstairs. Same setup, same problem, and they couldn't change room types. I can hear every word, sound, conversation and bodily function from the couple next door. When the lights are out, I can see light around all edges of the hallway door, so assuming they did something similar with the adjoining room doors. Staff is friendly but unhelpful. Never been in a hotel with such poor sound insulation - without a good night's sleep it's hard to appreciate what they did right with this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank swood99
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We spent an overnight here en route to the next stop on our road trip. We were so impressed! The room was bright and spacious (and immaculate). The noise from the freeway was not noticable and the bathroom was superb...massive walk in shower with large "rain"head. We made full use of the laundry room to do a mid-vacation wash and dry and made good use of the complimentary wi-fi to make some onward bookings. Staff were very friendly and non-intrusive. Breakfast was great. The nearby supermarket meant we could get supplies for a late supper and the lovely crockery in the fully equipped kitchen made us feel we weren't camping out!! Overall brilliant and we will look for Element hotels in future on our travels.

Room Tip: think all would be fine
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple