“Great for business travellers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Element Las Vegas Summerlin

Element Las Vegas Summerlin
Ranked #87 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Alba Iulia, Romania
“Great for business travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

1-bedroom apartment which suits perfectly any Vegas visitor, be it pleasure or business.
Located right by the freeway, it offers quick access to any destination, while being in a very quiet and pleasant location. Nearby park is handy.
Very good and varied breakfast to start your day.
Impressive Wi-Fi quality.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Clean, bright, airy. Service is excellent. Rooms are spacious. Lobby and common areas are pleasant. Breakfast is limited but decent. Pool is very small. Soundproofing could be better on the freeway side. Overall a good value. I'm glad I stayed here.

Room Tip: Freeway side is nice and bright, but you can hear the traffic at night.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Californian1
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

This property sets an inviting tone from the warm front desk welcome to the contemporary decor and wall of windows lobby/lving room which opens to a landscaped outdoor seating area. The elevators are fast and often stand with doors open. The guest rooms are super functional, the full kitchen is stocked with clean, new dishes and cookware which makes meal preparation a reality if desired. The Heavenly Bed may have a few too many feathers for hot, desert days, but is cloudlike in comfort. Although the property is somewhat institutional in appearance and partly surrounded by parking, the pool area is private and pleasant with plenty of furniture, clean towels and two cabanas.
As guests we appreciated the recycling bins in room, the quality of breakfast offerings, the bicycles to borrow, the feeling of comfort and utility in the guestrooms which are ingeniously designed as mini-condos with sleeping/living/office/kitchen areas defined and usable as such.
This location is superb for exploring the Red Rock Canyon, for cycling, and is a quick, easy commute to the Strip. A very large neighborhood park just a block away features a Farmer's Market weekly as well as a great greenspace.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the freeway side which had long distance views of the mountains toward the red rocks wild...
3 Thank sitesea
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

I've stayed here at Element a few times for work between February - May 2013. It is refreshing that there is not a slot machine in sight, nor is there loud pool music at night. Parking is at street level and plentiful behind the hotel. The check in process did not require standing in lines.

There are a few room layouts that I've encountered, but all share the same similar dark wood flooring, corner sofa, 2 burner electric range, kitchen tools including pots and pans, eating utensils, a dishwasher, microwave, close to full size refrigerator/freezer, and a modern bathroom with a glass shower stall (no tub).

There was free wifi, but my experience with it was it was not very fast or reliable in some rooms. Perhaps it was the location, or perhaps there were a lot of people on it watching Netflix. It's usable for emails but I wouldn't recommend relying on it for streaming media.

Breakfast was consistent throughout my several stays. It's usually an english muffin with eggs, ham and cheese, some smoothie shots, various juices, whole fruit, yogurt, cereal, and of course coffee. They also have an evening refreshment consisting of canned soda and a fruit salad.

Their fitness center is great. It's a decent size and its rare to see anyone else in there when I'm in there. It is open 24 hours and is located in the lobby. Large windows allow a clear view outside, and also for natural light to come in. The equipment was all functional - a few stationary bikes, treadmills, free weights, a balance ball, and some yoga mats.

I've rated it 4 stars instead of 5 because:
-sofas aren't very comfortable - they have clean lines so the cushions are very hard
-glassware was consistently not clean - streaks and fingerprint smudges
-interior craftsmanship is lower than average: gaps in the laminate flooring, sloppy painting in the bathroom, caulking on the tile, crooked tiles in the bathroom, etc. Not a big deal but distracting none the less.
- shower area is clean enough, but not as clean as I would have preferred if guests were visiting my place. There was visible soap residue, but no hair.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the freeway, which can be a bit noisy.
Green Features: A lot of the "green" factor is built in by design, which I appreciate. The large windows for natural lighting, the water efficient fixtures, and the open layout facilitate this. It's always a plus when eco friendly designs are trendy.
3 Thank zoshyii
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
We appreciate your review, thank you for sharing. We are pleased to hear you’ve enjoyed your previous stays at Element Las Vegas Summerlin and were able to experience all of our hotel’s amenities. We hope to see you again so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the same level of quality customer service we strive to consistently deliver. Take care!
San Pedro, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was only in town for one night and, not being a big gambler, opted to stay at a way-off strip hotel in Summerlin. It's called Element, by Westin.

The Element from Westin was conceived as an eco-friendly, very green, brand. From its design, construction, furnishings, practices, and operation, being green is foremost.

Check in was fast and efficient, and I was assigned a suite on the second floor. The placard next to the room's door read, "Presidential Suite." I will refrain from making any "Michelle" comments here.

The suite was nice size, and was equipped with a full kitchen. The kitchen was fully stocked with plates, pots, pans, flatware, glasses, etc. Everything but food. The suite was functional and clean. However, the desk chair was close to being the most uncomfortable desk chair I've ever experienced. The working desk was nice, and sufficient electrical outlets were available. The sectional couch in the living room was very uncomfortable, too. It was hard as a rock.

Bedroom was furnished with the Westin "Heavenly Bed," and was comfortable, but small. The bathroom was modern in design and had a large shower with rain head and European-style wand, but no bathtub. Shampoo and conditioner are dispensed inside the shower from large wall-mounted eco-dispensers. The bathroom was very nice, functional, and comfortable to use.

In the morning, a "grab and go" breakfast is provided. The hot breakfast bagel, fresh fruit, and hot coffee were a great way to start the day.

For some, including me, the decor and furnishings of Element may be a little cold. However, overall I found my Element experience exceptional. So all I have to say in conclusion is, "He Westin! Keep those Elements coming!"

Room Tip: You're 12 miles from The Strip but only 3.3 miles from Red Rock Resort and Casino.
Green Features: The most Eco-friendly property I've ever experienced.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ChiefDennis
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thanks for taking the time to leave us such detailed feedback. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on the comfort of our desk chair and couch. We hope you are able to stay with us again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Element is a lovely property, it is a "green" hotel. Breakfast is beyond the continental fare. Pancakes, egg sandwiches, smoothies, much more. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is a park right up the street to take a walk or play tennis, a coffee house across the street. Very clean property.

The only down side, we pulled out the sleeper sofa and the mattress was disgusting, the hotel moved us immediately. The staff was lovely and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much including the breakfast and our heavenly beds. We are sorry to hear that the pull out mattress was not in the best shape and glad to we could relocate you to another room. Thanks again for staying with us!
Corona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed two nights at the Element this week. First off, the gent at the front desk, Grant I believe, was a classy and very knowledgeable guy. I saw him work an escalation with a customer, and he had it down - knew what to say, and how to say it. He offered me a couple of good recommendations on a show to see, and we talked restaurants my last night in town. He is an asset to the hotel, no doubt about it.

I was provided a very nice room on the 4th floor, a one bedroom suite with a couple of qualifications. First, I was right next to the maintenance room, so it was a bit noisy. I'm a heavy sleeper, so for me, not a big deal. Had my wife been with me, yeah, that would've been a big deal. Second, my windows faced East - so that meant that i was up with the sun because the shades are decent, but hardly blackout. Because I was working, this wasn't a huge problem, but had I been out until 3 or 4 in the morning, I would've been very unhappy with all of the light in the room.

Rooms are very modern, very functional and reasonably comfortable. Full size fridge/freezer, two burner cook-top and good sized microwave. Great bathroom, with an oversize shower and the counter space was good too. The sitting room was functional, nothing special, but nice enough to sit on, and use the TV...except that the TV reception was sporadic in this room, which I advised the front desk of this morning on my way out. I didn't need it, so no big deal. The Wi-Fi was great, which is not always the case at some hotels.

I thought that it was very reasonably priced too. I'd stay again, but I would ask for a room facing West, and away from the elevators and/or maintenance rooms.

Room Tip: Facing West and/or away from the maintenance room on the floor.
Green Features: I appreciated them - like the fact that shampoo and body wash is provided in the shower in refillable containers. I did see that it is a LEED certified property, and that's a nice selling point for people who value that kind of thing.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Element Las Vegas Summerlin, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and that enjoyed our rooms and WiFi. We are also happy to hear that you had a good experience with our front desk. Thanks again for your comments.